Visual Kitchen by Vistang

Guest Ryrzy

Guest rtomakov

I tried an interesting experiment (to me, maybe not to others) with XDA_UC.

The thing is that you dont need to cook-in anything but sdk-certs. XDA_ does not start automaticaly, but manually, by pressing xda_uc shortcut in start menu. It is not limited on first or second boot, but can be run whenever you want. After script job is done, it will delete start menu shortcut (it is pointless to run it twice).

Therefore, mortscript.exe should be signed with sdk-certs. It usese two folders: XDA_RUN (with all files that is usually cooked-in) and XDA_UC (which script usually use). If there´s anyone interested, I could upload an example of that script (but afternoon).

I tried an interesting experiment (to me, maybe not to others) with XDA_UC.

The thing is that you dont need to cook-in anything but sdk-certs. XDA_ does not start automaticaly, but manually, by pressing xda_uc shortcut in start menu. It is not limited on first or second boot, but can be run whenever you want. After script job is done, it will delete start menu shortcut (it is pointless to run it twice).

Therefore, mortscript.exe should be signed with sdk-certs. It usese two folders: XDA_RUN (with all files that is usually cooked-in) and XDA_UC (which script usually use). If there´s anyone interested, I could upload an example of that script (but afternoon).

Interesting indeed. The user thus has time after flashing to copy the cab files over, then run XDA_UC once ready. No need to do so before flashing. 

One disadvantage of XDA_UC is that the user is not really informed of the progress. I'm working on a solution to this, hope it works well.

Guest sametakti

hi guys , ı am building 28014 and sms replay doesnt work perfecetly. I dont want to use htmnote.dll tweaks , ı want to use mss.dll for sms replay. Pls someone explain or share fix for this bug.

regards

hi guys , ı am building 28014 and sms replay doesnt work perfecetly. I dont want to use htmnote.dll tweaks , ı want to use mss.dll for sms replay. Pls someone explain or share fix for this bug.

regards

I've read about this problem a number of times, just want to clarify: do you mean when you open up a message and press the reply button, the screen freezes until you press the keyboard button? Also, does the problem exist only in unthreaded view?

Just want to confirm as I'm working on a fix for this long-outstanding problem.  ;)

Edited by ock

Guest steff195

I have some problem guys again. ;) I tried to solve them myself but I failed... Please tell me you know which files (and registry entries) are responsible for the Input panel in Settings. I try to put it back in my roms, but after many customizations I forgot which file does what.

I also tried to put the Active Sync link back in Start Menu, but I can't. I compared the files from a standard OEMApps and the actual customized one, but ... nothing.

Please help... thanks!

I have some problem guys again. ;) I tried to solve them myself but I failed... Please tell me you know which files (and registry entries) are responsible for the Input panel in Settings. I try to put it back in my roms, but after many customizations I forgot which file does what.

I also tried to put the Active Sync link back in Start Menu, but I can't. I compared the files from a standard OEMApps and the actual customized one, but ... nothing.

Please help... thanks!

I only know this registry restores the Input icon:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Input]

"Redirect"=-

I believe Active Sync is under SYS\Shell\actsyncc.dll? Not too sure on this though.

Do you think we should start a new thread to post tips for those cooking roms? Some issues may not be related or limited to only Visual Kitchen.

Edited by ock

Guest steff195

Thanks about that Input tip... maybe I did something there, I don't know... it looks so familiar to me. ;)

About Active Sync, it must be something within OEM folder (perhaps) because if it was from SYS it appeared in the new roms with new build (I don't modify each build's SYS every time I cook a rom, at least I don't replace Active Sync ), but the OEM files that I use are the same. And Active Sync is always missing...

Not that I miss this, I don't use it, that's why I removed it, but I saw many users requested it. ;)

Edited by steff195

Guest cruddasj

Has anyone got a copy of the SYS/ROM from the newer 2309* builds? The server hosting Monkeybepe's builds seems to be down ;)

Was wondering if there is any performance improvements or not to the 28011 build.

Thanks

Has anyone got a copy of the SYS/ROM from the newer 2309* builds? The server hosting Monkeybepe's builds seems to be down ;)

Was wondering if there is any performance improvements or not to the 28011 build.

Thanks

Here's a package I've put together, do check again for missing folders  ;)

BUILD 23093:

SYS + ROM for Visual Kitchen

Christmas special icons

Edited by ock

Guest steff195

Hi guys again!

I wanted to cook and test a rom for my personal use based on 21884 build with the files from here, I extracted the necessary files (ROM & SYS), 96 dpi and 240x400, recmodded them, I cooked the rom, flashed my Omnia, but when finished the phone won't boot, it just hangs at the Samsung Omnia logo. This is not the first time this is happening to me when I select the files myself. When I took the files provided by you here it worked perfectly.

Please take a look at the files in the link and tell me what I'm doing wrong or what else should I do. ;)

Thanks!

Hi guys again!

I wanted to cook and test a rom for my personal use based on 21884 build with the files from here, I extracted the necessary files (ROM & SYS), 96 dpi and 240x400, recmodded them, I cooked the rom, flashed my Omnia, but when finished the phone won't boot, it just hangs at the Samsung Omnia logo. This is not the first time this is happening to me when I select the files myself. When I took the files provided by you here it worked perfectly.

Please take a look at the files in the link and tell me what I'm doing wrong or what else should I do. ;)

Thanks!

Try removing the hd.dll and osaxst0.dll folders from msxipkernel.

Guest Krazy Radd
no probs mate!!! i keep looking out for your german 6.5 rom... :)

Hello my friend, M2DV2 German ROM coming soon ;)

XDA UC...can I also create XDA_UC folder on my storage?

Or can it only be installed by sorage card ?

Hello my friend, M2DV2 German ROM coming soon :)

XDA UC...can I also create XDA_UC folder on my storage?

Or can it only be installed by sorage card ?

It reads both My Storage and Storage Card, so it supports both  ;)

Guest Krazy Radd
It reads both My Storage and Storage Card, so it supports both :)

Well..I create UC_Folder (inside SD) in my Storage, put in cemd.Cab.

But after flash process it didn't install the cab...

Did I missed something ???

I've attached my Mort 4.2 (ext package) and XDA_UC (OEM) :)
hello can someone please tell where to put the files for xda_uc i tried to put them in oemapps but when building a rom it tells me that i have 2 rgu files in oemapps (i can only find one) Edited by lexuz

Guest cruddasj
hello can someone please tell where to put the files for xda_uc i tried to put them in oemapps but when building a rom it tells me that i have 2 rgu files in oemapps (i can only find one)

You tried cooking it in as an EXT?

You tried cooking it in as an EXT?

no i've just put the files in the oemapps folder and cooked a rom with it (just removed the rgu file that came in the pack, i did work good for me xda_uc works really nice.

:)

Guest cruddasj
no i've just put the files in the oemapps folder and cooked a rom with it (just removed the rgu file that came in the pack, i did work good for me xda_uc works really nice.

:)

Ah okay ;) Glad its all running okay. You looking at public releases or just personal?

Ah okay :) Glad its all running okay. You looking at public releases or just personal?
i don't think i will go public because i don't really know how to cook, but because i do know how to read i've managed to cook something for myself ;)

I did managed to fix sms reply on my rom ( MMS1.0.0.75.rar) and to add xda_uc but for the rest it has all samsung apps and works good for me.........so in fact i did almost nothing with my rom (just some themes and some microsoft sh*t i took out)

BTW have nice xmas everyone

Edited by lexuz

Visual Kitchen 24 Dic Major Update

Changelog:

Major update, amend the kitchen to start slow problem, speed over 90%. Sound file editor functions, this version of the file editor functionality is already enough to use. View and edit rgu, reg, txt, xml, provxml, etc. ....

You must apply it on the 15 Dic update!

15 Dic Update

24 Dic Update