Visual Kitchen by Vistang

Guest Ryrzy

@cruddasj: I use my own rom based on 28002 for a week or two and I don't have the sleep problem at all.

Maybe you've already checked, but if not, please enter Settings/Personal/Buttons/now scroll to Wake Up, and here make sure you select Front Button. At least that's how I have it. I hope this helps.

I know this helped me alot with the Khuanchai's roms that had this problem because in the settings above they had "Power only" selected and my device didn't wake up unless I pressed the power button.

@OCMan: did you test this?... because I also tried to get the files from xda, but I don't know what went wrong and after flashing this I ended up with Samsung Omnia logo on my phone's display. So I had to flash again my 28002 rom.

I actually Use my personnal rom in progress cooking with this 28005 core files I have maked them compatible with this kitchen. So don't bother, I'am sure it works, and even more, no more sleeping bug, so go on guy!

Guest cruddasj
I actually Use my personnal rom in progress cooking with this 28005 core files I have maked them compatible with this kitchen. So don't bother, I'am sure it works, and even more, no more sleeping bug, so go on guy!

Hi, okay im going to try a build with 28005 and the original OEM DXD1 files extracted straight from the updater. Have got the kitchen together but would be nice to learn about how to use things properly.

A few questions for chefs:

- How can you get the smaller higher quality icons in the start menu? Is this a registry change?

- Does anyone have a copy of stzupy's SYKAR as the site is gone ;), am i right in thinking that this can remove program packages from the SYS and ROM files? (to make a light ROM)

- How do you set a wallpaper as the default ROM wallpaper?

- How do you add themes?

- Is there anywhere that has already compiled EXT's? Im trying to make my own at the moment but a repository would be great! lol, if not ill have to start one :(

Any help appreciated :D

Guest cruddasj
@cruddasj: I use my own rom based on 28002 for a week or two and I don't have the sleep problem at all.

Maybe you've already checked, but if not, please enter Settings/Personal/Buttons/now scroll to Wake Up, and here make sure you select Front Button. At least that's how I have it. I hope this helps.

I know this helped me alot with the Khuanchai's roms that had this problem because in the settings above they had "Power only" selected and my device didn't wake up unless I pressed the power button.

@OCMan: did you test this?... because I also tried to get the files from xda, but I don't know what went wrong and after flashing this I ended up with Samsung Omnia logo on my phone's display. So I had to flash again my 28002 rom.

Hey, are you using the DXD1 OEMs provided by nick or your own??

Guest cruddasj

Hey all. I was wondering how people get the larger memory on the memory side of things. I have seen 156 mb of storage space but when im making roms off dxid1 it only comes to 99 :D

Is it because of the SYS/XIP? Also how can i remove some of the OEM apps from the original samsung folder? Sztupy's SYKAR seems to be impossible to get hold of now and ive had no response to my posts :(

Guest cruddasj

Okay, built a new ROM based on 28005 but am having problems. How do you get the smaller icons in the 6.5 start menu?

I built my EXT files on KhuanChai's cab but it didnt work :D

It doesnt have the sleep bug anymore tho ;)

I do have a massive problem with security though :( Once the EXT files are in they are making the security prompt come up because it is an exe or a dll file :| How do i go about stopping this from happening?

Any help appreciated :D Thanks

Hey all. I was wondering how people get the larger memory on the memory side of things. I have seen 156 mb of storage space but when im making roms off dxid1 it only comes to 99 :D

Is it because of the SYS/XIP? Also how can i remove some of the OEM apps from the original samsung folder? Sztupy's SYKAR seems to be impossible to get hold of now and ive had no response to my posts :(

SYAKR is included in the pkg mirrored by shokka at his thread. A bit heavy though, it does include other stuff apart from the tool and configuration setups.

Quick qn: where I can get the customer.csc and eboot.nb0 if I'm using Nick's OEM pkg?

And good luck on the cooking, I'm planning to release one myself, and thinking of creating another cooking guide with LOTs of faqs gathered at one place for cooking apprentices like me.

Edited by ock

Quick qn: where I can get the customer.csc and eboot.nb0 if I'm using Nick's OEM pkg?

If you want, you can download the one's that I use. I got them from another ROM (extracted).

They work great!

Eboot + customer.csc

Hope you and everyone else find this usefull.

Happy cooking!!

Compiling and testing out new build 28008. Will try to mirror ROM and SYS somewhere for you guys.

I've been testing some ROM/XIP releases and will now be waiting for that release... :D

Give it to me... :(

Edited by pingas

Build 28008

SYS+XIP (28008_0409)

Tested, shouldn't have any problems. Extracted from Da_G's release at xda

Mediafire(43 MB)

Mirrors welcome if there're no issues  :D

Just my 2 cents...

Mirror for 28008 SYS+XIP

(Just built a new rom with it but still haven't flashed the phone. Everything went normal while cooking...)

Guest steff195
Hi, okay im going to try a build with 28005 and the original OEM DXD1 files extracted straight from the updater. Have got the kitchen together but would be nice to learn about how to use things properly.

A few questions for chefs:

- How can you get the smaller higher quality icons in the start menu? Is this a registry change?

- Does anyone have a copy of stzupy's SYKAR as the site is gone :D , am i right in thinking that this can remove program packages from the SYS and ROM files? (to make a light ROM)

- How do you set a wallpaper as the default ROM wallpaper?

- How do you add themes?

- Is there anywhere that has already compiled EXT's? Im trying to make my own at the moment but a repository would be great! lol, if not ill have to start one :(

Any help appreciated :D

Yeah, I would like to know that too, especially about those EXT files. I converted to EXT (I found a great program on XDA site) I placed them in the EXT directory... but nothing changed after building the new rom... it's the same as before placing those EXT files. I'm going nuts... any help is greatly appreciated. :D I learned how to cook my own rom, I made a few versions myself from different builds, but I still need to learn that part with customizing the rom. ;)

About the wallpapers, you should look for Grandprix_stwater.gif and Grandprix_tdywater.gif in the OEM Apps folder within the OEM folder. These are the 2 wallpapers that must be replaced: one for today screen and one for the start menu.

And, about that:

I'm using my own OEM files from DXIA5 (which seems better to me).

Guest koibito
Build 28008

SYS+XIP (28008_0409)

Tested, shouldn't have any problems. Extracted from Da_G's release at xda

Mediafire(43 MB)

Mirrors welcome if there're no issues :D

Would I have SYS+XIP (28008_0404)? or maybe could you teach me how to make it?

Guest steff195

I finally got it to work... I mean to add my files to EXT, and they finally appear on my rom... but for example, I installed Remove Security in order not to be bothered with that security question anymore, but it does nothing... the question still appears if I want to install new apps. It also asks those stupid security questions for the all cooked apps (those from EXT) that start up automatically. How to get rid of this?

Another thing... how do I set another theme as default for my rom, and where should I put it?

and... how do I disable Motion Sensor directly from rom?

Please anyone!

Edited by steff195

It also asks those stupid security questions for the all cooked apps (those from EXT) that start up automatically. How to get rid of this?

Another thing... how do I set another theme as default for my rom, and where should I put it?

and... how do I disable Motion Sensor directly from rom?

I'm rebuilding my kitchen cos I'm facing the same prob with the security prompts. Will try to find what's causing this. I've not faced this in earlier builds, but then I changed my OEM pkg also, either one could be the problem. Will update my findings here if any.

For motion sensor, set this in registry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\MotionSensor]

"AutoOrientation"=dword:00000000

Edited by ock

Guest Nicklashidegard
I'm rebuilding my kitchen cos I'm facing the same prob with the security prompts. Will try to find what's causing this. I've not faced this in earlier builds, but then I changed my OEM pkg also, either one could be the problem. Will update my findings here if any.

For motion sensor, set this in registry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\MotionSensor]

"AutoOrientation"=dword:00000000

Easiest way is to customize your OEM's is to use Shokka9's guide HERE. Download Sztupy's SYOK, and run the customizer. You get the otpion to remove TONS of stuff and to disable security/Startup sound etc etc etc...

When it's all done, just move the OEM over to this kitchen :D

Edited by Nicklashidegard

Guest cruddasj

Okay, i can now build vanilla ROM's and also a samsung like one :D

For everyone who is at a similar stage but struggling with stuff like EXT's (which i have got a great little tool for ;) ):

Does anyone want to start a ROM development team? e.g. sharing findings, resources and bug fixes? Would also allow for instant messaging to each other so that development could be quicker. If your interested PM me and I will send you my hotmail address, or you could send me yours lol :(

Thanks

Guest cruddasj

Is there a way to integrate SYAKR into this kitchen? I dont really understand how to run it. The guide by STZUPY says to download one of shokkas firmwares, but if i then replace the OEM in my own ROM (which is DXID1) will this not kill the phone as the bootloader (eboot) wont match the OEM Drivers :|

Guest rtomakov
Is there a way to integrate SYAKR into this kitchen? I dont really understand how to run it. The guide by STZUPY says to download one of shokkas firmwares, but if i then replace the OEM in my own ROM (which is DXID1) will this not kill the phone as the bootloader (eboot) wont match the OEM Drivers :|

I tried to experiment a bit: I am usually using DXID1 OEM and eboot, but now I have changed complete OEMDrivers folder with one from PUIE1 firmware. Guess what - it didnt kill my phone, it works the same like it did before with DXID1 drivers.

Guest cruddasj
I tried to experiment a bit: I am usually using DXID1 OEM and eboot, but now I have changed complete OEMDrivers folder with one from PUIE1 firmware. Guess what - it didnt kill my phone, it works the same like it did before with DXID1 drivers.

So are you able to strip any parts from the ROM using SYAKR?? I just want to get rid of some of the bloat from Samsung but if im reading right, ill need a shokka ROM, i900 kitchen and i900 executor :S I guess i could then just take the OEM APPS folder out and keep the original DXID1 drivers.

I wish that cooks like Ryryz would read the thread :D Hes managing to strip the ROMs of samsung apps and hes using this kitchen :s

Guest Bruno Adler
So are you able to strip any parts from the ROM using SYAKR?? I just want to get rid of some of the bloat from Samsung but if im reading right, ill need a shokka ROM, i900 kitchen and i900 executor :S I guess i could then just take the OEM APPS folder out and keep the original DXID1 drivers.

I wish that cooks like Ryryz would read the thread :D Hes managing to strip the ROMs of samsung apps and hes using this kitchen :s

Well i have the worst bug dude trust me..... Sleep bug is always in my roms and i cannot take it off.

I wish i had some help here, cause it's pissing me off

Edited by Bruno Adler

Here's how I do it:

1. You need from Shokka's thread the omnia-eng zip file (5 parts). Extract to a folder. You should see folders like .hg, _dats etc.

2. Copy your OEM folder from Visual Kitchen to the root of the omnia-eng folder

3. Copy your 28008 (depends on ur build no.) from SYS folder, also to the root of the omnia-eng folder.

4. Important: rename this 28008 folder to "SYS"

5. Run syakr.exe and have fun customising! Reverse the steps to get the files back to your kitchen.

Edited by ock

Guest cruddasj
Well i have the worst bug dude trust me..... Sleep bug is always in my roms and i cannot take it off.

I wish i had some help here, cause it's pissing me off

Hey there,

Im assuming that your using nicks DXID1 package.....

Mine had the sleep bug however built a 28005 and 28008 (which was horribly unstable!) successfully. Youll need to use the original drivers folder from the DXID1.exe I can upload them tonight at some point if you want. This fixed the problem for me :D

P.s. if your building would you be interested in a ROM development team?