BT Fix for new Roms

Guest fattmatt

Hi Sector - uninstalled v1 of first cab and installed v2. Unfortunately, same result as previous post.

As stated, using MS Voice Command v1.6. Have confirmed this works natively in the phone, and calls can be initiated using the phones speaker. Once call is active (ie dialling is underway), call is routed to headset. When using VC on phone, a "microphone" icon appears in the top status bar. When trying to initiate via BT, no icon appears.

From MS trouble shooting guide to VC http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-...leshooting.mspx

<H2 class=Heading2>Bluetooth usage trouble</H2>

• Pressing the Bluetooth headset button doesn’t do anythingYou must soft reset your phone after you’ve installed Voice Command before the Bluetooth headset will work for initiating Voice Commands. If this doesn’t resolve the problem, it is likely that you are trying to use the Bluetooth functionality on an unsupported device. Voice Command’s Bluetooth functionality will work on devices that include the Microsoft Bluetooth stack, that conform to Microsoft’s guidelines for Bluetooth driver implementation, and for devices that have the correct hardware implementation necessary to route system audio through the Bluetooth headset.

If you have a device that does not include the Microsoft Bluetooth stack, you may be able to route all system audio through the headset using the Bluetooth stack vendor’s Bluetooth control panel. If you can, you can use Voice Command over Bluetooth by pressing a hardware button on the device and conducting the interaction via the headset. The Bluetooth audio routing options will not work properly on devices that do not use the Microsoft Bluetooth stack. You should select “Announce notifications using Bluetooth hands free if available” on these devices.

Above note makes reference to the MS Bluetooth stack... do you know if this is what Omnia is using? Might it be worth me trying a different voice command software? Any recomendations and / or links to to download appropriate software?

Once again Sector, thanks for your interest in solving this. It will be a pity to see you leave!!

Mike

Every phone should have MS BT Stack. Dont know if Samsung have properly configure the drivers to use it properly though.

Please check Khuanchai's thread if there are any alternatives against MS VoiceCommand.

If you dont find any try the 2nd cab. It will disable SRS WOW and FTouchSL. Dont know though the consequences that will follow.

Uninstalling the cab it will restore to its original state, i guess :).

Hello Sector.uninstall the cab doesnt restore srs wow.I tried yesterday with no joy.And i think that srs wow doesnt work with the 23506 build either.Tested also yesterday and i get the same error.There is no wow driver installed so it will exit.So i went back to older buils for now.Thanks for your effort :)

Hi Sector - tried with 2nd cab - no change. It does indeed disable all touch response! Uninstalling the cab and soft reset re-enables touch response, so all ok on that front. Tried installing Cyberon VC, but no difference.

Good luck

Mike

Guest fattmatt

I have just installed a fresh copy of Ryrzy's 23506 Lite, nothing extra installed.

Using the second cab, and my phone too has lost touch response/frozen.

Hard reset required for me, no biggie..

I will wait for an update to the cab and then I will try again.

Cheers,

Matt.

Using the second cab, and my phone too has lost touch response/frozen.

Hard reset required for me, no biggie..

Matt - just for your info in the future, if you use MyMobiler you can still control your Omnia from desktop, even if you lose touch response. That way I was able to uninstall the cab and soft reset, using mouse on desktop. A little easier than full hard reset. http://www.mymobiler.com/ for info and download.

Mike

How is the sound quality?

I’m using K’s ROM.

The problem is sound quality (noisy & clicking sound from Sony E. HS)

Other than that everything is working fine.

Even K’s ROM, the Omnia-lite dial pad speaker is not working.

If I uninstall SRS WOW, the speaker is working fine.

(The original dial pad doesn’t have this problem)

Thanks everybody!

I'm also using K's ROM with SRS pre-installed

no sound quality problem so far (Stereo or Headset, Plantronics -Pulsar 590)

To Sector

I don't have FTouchSL installed (not sure if its pre-install on my rom)

SRS is pre-installed

UPDATE

Everything is working perfectly now BUG-FREE

What I did was uninstall Khuanchai's SRS WOW, and Samsung_BTFix_modified__FToushSL_and_SRS_installed_.cab (First Version)

Then for some reason now everything is working perfectly now

(BT Stereo, Headset, MS Voice Command, AD2P Control, and Speaker Phone) and no problem with any button turn on device.

Just Installed your SRS WOW 1.5.10 and all is still working fine with awesome sound!

THANKS!

Edited by Noch

Guest machyaer

Hello to everybody,

I have an omnia i900 with WMo 6.1 XIIB2 (italian last official).

I don't have neither touchflo nor srs installed

I have installed, therefore, the second cab.

By pressing the headset button the omnia wake-up and opens voicecontrol, but:

- microphone dos not work

- the program tell me that I have too many "entries" to delete some of them (there were 1)

Other problems:

- no output signal from headset except a white noise

- no way to switch off the audio routing to the headset

- no audio from the main speaker even when the headset was switched off

- no more touch panel functioning

Fortunately I was using a remote pocketpc control software through which I could uninstall the cab and everything started functioning again (except the bluetooth headset button :) :D :D )

Hope to find out more good news to solve this problem.

Bye

Max

Guest pml_318

May i know what does the BT-fix FIX? voice command? that's all?

Will there be anything wrong with BT headset / BT sync with notebook without the BT-fix?

i'm using KC's BT fix ROM, so far so good.

Guest topbanana4

on my htc device if you press the button on my bluetooth and say !! call sally ,it then says in my bluetooth headset (call sally home or mobile) also if sally calls me it says( sally mobile calling), it would be great it you could get it to work like this

Guest machyaer
on my htc device if you press the button on my bluetooth and say !! call sally ,it then says in my bluetooth headset (call sally home or mobile) also if sally calls me it says( sally mobile calling), it would be great it you could get it to work like this

For me it should be sufficient if I could press the bluetooth headset button and call someone saying his name. :)

Guest natzakaria

This BT thing does it effect BT activesync as well? I have been trying to get BT ActiveSync working to no avail.

Any suggestions/guide to get BTASync working?

Thanks

Guest Saigoncoco2

Hi everybody

I am not an expert, and the only contribution i can have is to give my own experience with BT.

I also really need to have the BT full command; because I drive a motor bike (This is my only one vehicle)

So; I also use the KC ‘ ROM for BT reasons. Everything working well except this: When I listen to music and when I open Voice Speed Dial, the quality dramatically decrease and when VSD is closed the quality not back to the good quality. When I answer a phone call, the quality also decrease but when I hang up, the good quality back for music listen. Not after to open VSD.

Before to use the 6.5 ROM, I also use the 6.1  KC ROM and I'm not remembering about this reducing of quality.  So, because I need the most stabilized ROM one(with BT fix) I use the Kc 21851, my BT is a Jabra BT3030. I have a second one locking as a local produce of Thailand (buy in MBK) same issue for both.

In the BT setting I try to unchecked hands Free or Wireless Stereo, but no change. I also try to make a lot of tips describe in different forum without success.

Apart the poor battery life I really like the I900, but, because the BT issue, I really think to change my phone for another one with Wm os. 5 Because I use a lot of PPC soft as Vietnamese and Thai dictionaries and GPS maps.

So if you have some recommendation for a PPC phone which have full BT functionality,advice is welcome!

I also hope that the problem can be resolved for the I900, but I am desperate now because I face to this problem (as many others) from more than one year!!

One more time, I want to thanks all friends who have make a lot of effort to increase capacities of our phones. I really admire you!!

So, i hope that you can understand my poor English!

Thank you

Georges

Edited by Saigoncoco2

Guest Jimmy X

some feedback for you.

I am using FloTanium ROM (M2D + Neo). HIDE13 - couldnt bond with ford convers+ in car BT system (previously flashed with KC 6.1 rom with no issues)

after installing your cab I can now bond with the car and use the phone no issue. Although I dont use it, BT stream also works flawlessly. Thanks for the fix!

Guest Betruger9

Hi,

I just tried your cab (the one for users without the 2 programs) on my XHHJ2 Rom (never flashed).

Unfortunately it caused my screen to freeze and the speaker got disabled.

However i was able to recover from this crash easily by uninstalling the cab thanks to MyMobiler, which i pre-installed as you recommanded.

I recommand other users around here to try it too as according to my experience the process doesn't look risky at all.

I'm sad it didn't work for me, maybe some of you will have more luck.

Thank you for your efforts ! Keep on the good work (i'm still hoping to see further releases of this cab working for me).

Guest woodsptw

Is this supposed to work with an i910? I've tried it on Storms ROMs but with no luck. I added SRS WOW and then used the 174K file.

I'm really interested in being able to use the bluetooth to drive voice commands with the phone. Storm added TellMe which looks interesting also.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lignum1966

Using Nicks 23506 , not the M2d version , seems to be Titanium with Chome installed . I tried the BT fix (no 2) not the touchflow one but after a reboot I lost all touch control.

Removed using Mymobiler to access my Omnia so I've regained touch control , should I be trying the 1st fix or am i wasting my time bothering with my bluetooth headset ? Will this screw with anything else as I dont think the SRS is installed with this rom .