Multitouch possible in theory?

Guest lemmyc

Okay, I uploaded my source with zImage and the .config.

Download

MD5 (binary): 62ae831081a951616c66b0aa796c5963

Greetings,

BigBear

I don't have a working build env set up yet, but I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Guest Tom G

What kernel source are you using, there are two versions I know of from Huawei. If you are using the original kernel source it will reboot at about when it tries to start the audio service, no errors are shown. You need to use the source released 18-12-2009 labelled U8220 QMR version.

Guest BigBearMDC
What kernel source are you using, there are two versions I know of from Huawei. If you are using the original kernel source it will reboot at about when it tries to start the audio service, no errors are shown. You need to use the source released 18-12-2009 labelled U8220 QMR version.

Wow, I didn't know that.

The last line of the logcat output is indeed the starting event of the audio manager!

I also didn't know that there are 2 kernel sources out there, I'll download the one you posted - Thanks!

:)

I don't get it, u guys r saying that U8220 doesn't come with multi-touch support enabled. So why several sites says it has?

For example:

http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_u8220-3144.php

Also, my provider says it either.

I don't know why they say that, but the Pulse does deffo not support multitouch by default.

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest BigBearMDC

Update:

Success!

I can't believe it!

Finally it works!

I'm now using the QMR version of the kernel.

Many thanks to Tom G!

Now developing can continue :)

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest Spooke
Update:

Success!

I can't believe it!

Finally it works!

I'm now using the QMR version of the kernel.

Many thanks to Tom G!

Now developing can continue ;)

Greetings,

BigBear

Thanks Tom G and BigbearMDC :P, I hope you can develop this further and get it working! Ur doing a great job for not giving up ;) :P

So now u got it working again, would this help you to try to port 1.6/2.1/hero ? :)

Edited by Spooke

Guest Spooke
Am I dreaming or u'r actually developing a multi-touch support for U8220??

Wow I can't belive how android noob I am!

He is developing the multitouch support :), I believe he had it working at one point, but it was offset and unusasble for public use?

Guest xangma

Good to hear =]

Yes I believe it was working but the screen thought it was bigger than the actual picture on the screen ... if that makes sense =/

Guest John Hamelink
Good to hear =]

Yes I believe it was working but the screen thought it was bigger than the actual picture on the screen ... if that makes sense =/

That would require adjusting the values of the screen's resolution in relation to the touchscreen presses... a trivial thing to do that just requires lots of fiddling and estimation, and maybe an app to test accuracy, but no real technical challenge?

Guest BigBearMDC
That would require adjusting the values of the screen's resolution in relation to the touchscreen presses... a trivial thing to do that just requires lots of fiddling and estimation, and maybe an app to test accuracy, but no real technical challenge?

Yap that's not the problem I think.

I think that because of the heavily modified driver that the values are stored different when the 8 byte buffer is used.

So I just pasted the code from the Huawei MT driver into the non MT driver and I will compile it now again.

I just pulled the .config off my Pulse, as the .config from the 1.6 ROM development thread seems to be modified for a different network - when I flash my self-compiled kernel onto my Pulse I can't log in to T-Mobile anymore.

But that means that I will have to recompile the kernel with another .config so you guys can also flash it to your devices without problems :)

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest John Hamelink
Yap that's not the problem I think.

I think that because of the heavily modified driver that the values are stored different when the 8 byte buffer is used.

So I just pasted the code from the Huawei MT driver into the non MT driver and I will compile it now again.

I just pulled the .config off my Pulse, as the .config from the 1.6 ROM development thread seems to be modified for a different network - when I flash my self-compiled kernel onto my Pulse I can't log in to T-Mobile anymore.

But that means that I will have to recompile the kernel with another .config so you guys can also flash it to your devices without problems :)

Greetings,

BigBear

Great stuff! Let the fiddling begin ;)

Guest BigBearMDC

I now know what the problem is!

The screen is rotated -90 degrees!

I found this out through the MTVisualizer app.

But the problem is that it doesn't recognise 2 touchpoints - but only one :)

Guest Spooke
I now know what the problem is!

The screen is rotated -90 degrees!

I found this out through the MTVisualizer app.

But the problem is that it doesn't recognise 2 touchpoints - but only one :P

Oh ;), So does the actual MT work on other apps, or does it not work at all now?

Hope u get it working soon :)

Guest BigBearMDC

I can't tell you anything at the moment - I'm still searching for errors, and I just saw that some of the variables that store the coordinates of the second touch were double-declared, thus having only a local scope.

Maybe that was the problem, we'll see.

BTW I hope to get it working too :)

Guest BigBearMDC

HOLY S**T!

Wait a sec uploading screenshots!

One finger:

af840a8d06.png

Two fingers:

d60e648539.png

Not perfect, but working :)

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest Spooke
HOLY S**T!

Wait a sec uploading screenshots!

One finger:

Two fingers:

Not perfect, but working :P

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :)

Awesome work !!

Thanks ;):D

Guest BigBearMDC
You said single touch works but shows 2 fingers touch? Thats multi for me ;)

Yap I made the post that single touch works a few secs before I realised that multitouch works too :)

Guest John Hamelink
Yap I made the post that single touch works a few secs before I realised that multitouch works too ;)

So where do we go from here? What's left to do before we can see a multitouch ROM? :)