Multitouch possible in theory?

Guest lemmyc

Guest BigBearMDC
Ah right. :) good luck, We all want to start playing around with multi touch =)

You may already play around with it, just download the source from my repo ;)

Or flash my boot.img.

But beware, I don't take responsibility for any possible damages to your device.

Ans I recommend to do a nandroid backup before you try it.

If you do, you could tell me if your network is working, mine isn't with that boot.img.

Edit:

You won't notice that you have multitouch until you install one of Luke Hutchinsons demo apps found here:

Zoom-Zoom-Zoom — Get Multi-Touch Zooming Support on your T-Mobile G1 TODAY

Greetings,

BigBear

boot.img

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest BigBearMDC

I now loaded my own Android system.img onto my Pulse.

But it freezes on the bootscreen.

Here's my bugreport output:

[1]   Segmentation fault	  dumpstate -

Any suggestions?

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest Blake Loring
I now loaded my own Android system.img onto my Pulse.

But it freezes on the bootscreen.

Here's my bugreport output:

[1]   Segmentation fault	  dumpstate -

Any suggestions?

Greetings,

BigBear

Possibly the system.img build for the Pulse contained some stuff that isn't in the stock android, maybe you could try unarchiving a working system.img moving any framework files that you have modified over from your one into the working one and try that?

Guest BigBearMDC
Possibly the system.img build for the Pulse contained some stuff that isn't in the stock android, maybe you could try unarchiving a working system.img moving any framework files that you have modified over from your one into the working one and try that?

Yap that's worth a try.

But I didn't edit anything yet.

What I find a bit suspicious is that the "BUILD_ID=" filed stays empty after I run "lunch generic-eng".

Could that be the problem?

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest HunteronX

I flashed your boot.img with Paul's MCR 1.7 (Core) rom, and android loaded up fine. (Well, I overwrote the original boot.img with your one - that's all.)

I tried multitouch, and it didn't work properly with Dolphin Browser, and the screen would resize weirdly, and when 2 fingers were placed near each other, the screen would zoom instantly to about 400% of its size (the text was very large).

Also, I had the same problem as you; there was no phone connectivity available.

That's my input, but thanks a lot for your hard work; I've got a feeling that you're close to finishing this! :)]

EDIT: I also tried the multi-touch visualiser, and when touching the screen with 2 fingers, the registered point, and range (circle) appeared in random places, mostly on one side of the screen - I hope that this helps solve any positioning problems.

Edited by HunteronX

Guest BigBearMDC
I flashed your boot.img with Paul's MCR 1.7 (Core) rom, and android loaded up fine. (Well, I overwrote the original boot.img with your one - that's all.)

I tried multitouch, and it didn't work properly with Dolphin Browser, and the screen would resize weirdly, and when 2 fingers were placed near each other, the screen would zoom instantly to about 400% of its size (the text was very large).

Also, I had the same problem as you; there was no phone connectivity available.

That's my input, but thanks a lot for your hard work; I've got a feeling that you're close to finishing this! :P]

EDIT: I also tried the multi-touch visualiser, and when touching the screen with 2 fingers, the registered point, and range (circle) appeared in random places, mostly on one side of the screen - I hope that this helps solve any positioning problems.

Ok that with the connectivity is a serious problem ...

But it's cool that it "works" with Dolphin Browser.

I really didn't expect that at all!

This version of MT is ust a proof of concept, nothing else and everything else than a final release.

My aim is to port real MT, that means that the second touch point should then be available as a part of the MotionEvent.

That would be a backport from Android 2.0.

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest HunteronX
Ok that with the connectivity is a serious problem ...

But it's cool that it "works" with Dolphin Browser.

I really didn't expect that at all!

This version of MT is ust a proof of concept, nothing else and everything else than a final release.

My aim is to port real MT, that means that the second touch point should then be available as a part of the MotionEvent.

That would be a backport from Android 2.0.

Greetings,

BigBear

Ok. I'm sorry I can't help you apart from finding information, it's just that I'm not much of a programmer at the moment, and I don't know how to compile android and its kernels either. :P

Guest Spooke

Just wondering if theres any update on the progress of this? What are the current problems that you have atm?

Or if you are still trying to port Sense Ui or 2.1 to the device? or is this Multitouch ur main project atm?

Ty

Edited by Spooke

Guest BigBearMDC
Just wondering if theres any update on the progress of this? What are the current problems that you have atm?

Or if you are still trying to port Sense Ui or 2.1 to the device? or is this Multitouch ur main project atm?

Ty

MT is my main project atm. If it finally runs, I'll go on with my Hero ROM/Flash/Sense UI port :P

The current problem I have is that my fresh build android 1.5 ROM won't boot.

Bugreport shows "Segmentation fault dumpstate -", and thats the only output I get - the first and only line.

Although it compiled without errors.

It's necessary for me to rebuild android because I want to modify the KeyInputQueue for real Android 2.x MT support.

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest Spooke
MT is my main project atm. If it finally runs, I'll go on with my Hero ROM/Flash/Sense UI port :P

The current problem I have is that my fresh build android 1.5 ROM won't boot.

Bugreport shows "Segmentation fault dumpstate -", and thats the only output I get - the first and only line.

Although it compiled without errors.

It's necessary for me to rebuild android because I want to modify the KeyInputQueue for real Android 2.x MT support.

Greetings,

BigBear

I cant help you on the error unfortuantly :(, Hope you get it working soon,

If 2.1 is released, would it be easier for you to port Sense UI 2.1? :(

Guest BigBearMDC
I cant help you on the error unfortuantly :P, Hope you get it working soon,

If 2.1 is released, would it be easier for you to port Sense UI 2.1? :(

Nah never mention :(

I don't think it would make a big difference to port SenseUI from Android 2.x.

The only problem is that SenseUI is heavily integrated into Android, thus requiring many HTC specific things ... I think it's nearly impossible to port the SenseUI itself, but to port the whole ROM.

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest Spooke
Nah never mention :(

I don't think it would make a big difference to port SenseUI from Android 2.x.

The only problem is that SenseUI is heavily integrated into Android, thus requiring many HTC specific things ... I think it's nearly impossible to port the SenseUI itself, but to port the whole ROM.

Greetings,

BigBear

Hi well it has been ported to the milestone so surely its possible?

And i mean, if we get 2.1, we would have the drivers for it, wouldnt we? so surely u could use them to port it easier? I dont really know it it helps but :P

Edited by Spooke

Guest BigBearMDC
Hi well it has been ported to the milestone so surely its possible?

And i mean, if we get 2.1, we would have the drivers for it, wouldnt we? so surely u could use them to port it easier? I dont really know it it helps but :P

Sure, nothing is impossible :(

Its just too much for me I guess.

I think the Pulse and the Hero are using the same kernel version, so yeah, if we had the 2.x drivers, it would be easier to port the .32 kernel, but I guess if we get the drivers, we get the rest of the kernel source too :(

So it wouldn't really change anything if we'd try to port it from Abdroid 2.x B)

IMHO, of course.

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest BigBearMDC

Hi guys.

Which Android 1.5 source should I download?

What are the differences?

I downloaded the 1.5 r4 source (because it's the most recent I think), could that be the problem?

There are a few others - cupcake, r1, r2, r3 ...

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest John Hamelink
I'm currently downloading the cupcake mango source from code aurora.

Let's see if this works.

Greetings,

BigBear

If all else fails couldn't we just merge it with MCR?

Guest BigBearMDC
If all else fails couldn't we just merge it with MCR?

That should be possible if we used the same Android and kernel source.

But of course Paul would have to give us a go first.

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest BigBearMDC

Hi guys

I know had a look at the KeyInputQueue.java and the RawInputEvent.java.

Fortunately, the RawInputEvent already contains a definition for ABS_HAT0X and ABS_HAT0Y:

public static final int ABS_HAT0X = 0x10;
public static final int ABS_HAT0Y = 0x11;[/code] What we'd need to edit is in the QueuedEvent "mFirst" in the InputDeviceReader thread [line 254]. We'll have to merge in something like that to handle the multitouch event:
[code]else if (ev.type == RawInputEvent.EV_ABS &&
(classes&RawInputEvent.CLASS_TOUCHSCREEN) != 0) {
if (ev.scancode == RawInputEvent.ABS_HAT0X) {
di.mAbs.changed = true;
di.mAbs.x2 = ev.value;
[...]

But that's not all - we'll have to have a look at MotionEvent.java too, just as an example.

I'm still researching.

Greetings,

BigBear

Edited by BigBearMDC