Multitouch possible in theory?

Guest lemmyc

Guest totiadrenalin
Actually there are 5 drivers which could be used. synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319 (yap that's the one that is used), synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm16xx (don't remember the exact name right now) with MT support, synaptics_i2c_rmi with MT support, cypress_cpt and cypress_byd with MT support. Nevertheless, its a god info that the touchscreen_upgrade.txt is useless for us, know we know we'll have to search somewhere else. I'm sure though that the touchscreen controller firmware can be upgraded through the service menu. I also think that this upgrade function of the cypress driver has not much to do with the function we're trying to access. My theory is that the upgrade process of the ProjectMenu is handled through some proprietary libs and frameworks from Huawei and does not require special kernel functions as they aren't accessible through an apk anyway.

One reason that the file never changed could be that it never got updated. I think every 1.5 ROM used the same controller firmware. I'm not even entirely sure if 2.1 uses a different one.

Best regards,

BB

I need the patched touchscreen drivers.

Because last night I flash the i2c_rmi_touchcontroller on my Pulse via (smart card) and Guess what?

Hell Yeah.

I managed to split the control of the i2c rmi touchcontroller.

Now the touchscreen is recognising both of my fingers, but the drivers can't handle.

Now when I put 2 fingers in the Multitouch Visualizer app I can controll the "X" with one finger, and the "Y" with the second finger.

But separated controls not confusing them. Now I only need patched touchscreen drivers to split the control of both X and Y on the two fingers separated.

Best regard

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Because last night I flash the i2c_rmi_touchcontroller on my Pulse via (smart card) and Guess what?

Hell Yeah.

Now the touchscreen is recognising both of my fingers, but the drivers can't handle.

Now when I put 2 fingers in the Multitouch Visualizer app I can controll the "X" with one finger, and the "Y" with the second finger.

But separated controls not confusing them. Now I only need patched touchscreen drivers to split the control of both X and Y on the two fingers separated.

Best regard

TOTI

Amm there was a video posted for that like 2 months ago. I think it showed the same... Or those things are different? :S

Edited by D-D-

Guest totiadrenalin

Hell Yeah.

Best regard

TOTI

And guess what!

touchscreen_upgrade.txt is really touchscreen firmware.

And not just any firmware, but when I change it into touchscreen_upgrade.IHEX, and re-flash the touchcontroller again with the same HEX, I get this. (almost working dualtouch)

Mybe it's really never been used with the PorjectMenuAct.apk only because that the serial is the same as the firmware that the controller already have, and that's why is reporting that the version is to early.

EDIT:

Only if somehow we could change the serial number to some newer, that everybody would be able to upgrade it via the projectmenyact.

Edited by totiadrenalin

If you don't believe me the you can watch this Video

Yep! It's the same program and same effect on this video too...

I know u r trying very hard to make some progress with our "lovely and strong" pulse, but as BB and lots of other people said, it can't be done withouth the kernel source.

No hard feelings. :P

Guest totiadrenalin
Yep! It's the same program and same effect on this video too...

I know u r trying very hard to make some progress with our "lovely and strong" pulse, but as BB and lots of other people said, it can't be done withouth the kernel source.

No hard feelings. :P

Now it's not only a effect.

I really did flash the firmware of the touchcontroller.

But after downgrading to 1.5 and flashing the BB's MT boot.img I didn't get multitouch.

And the 1.5 UPDATA.APP didn't flash the synaptics_rmi_touchcontroller's firmware.

So now the problem isn't with the firmware, but I guess with the Drivers, or who knows what?

I really need some beeg help here Guys!!!

I almost get it.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest BigBearMDC

I just watched the video and unfortunately I have to say this is a bug =/

If you put two fingers on the screen and put them together either on the x or y axis the phone can't decide which finger to obtain the coordinates from, and so I just randomly picks one.

This works with any Android version on any firmware (although I never tested it with 2.1 or 2.2). This does still not mean that the controller sends the data we need, BUT this effect is only possible on touchscreens that support dualtouch (not multitouch). So this is pretty much the proof that our controller supports dualtouch, but nevertheless it does not mean we can use it (for now).

By the way, my MT kernel will only work with Android 1.5 and the 1.7 MCR.

Best regards,

BB

Guest totiadrenalin
I just watched the video and unfortunately I have to say this is a bug =/

If you put two fingers on the screen and put them together either on the x or y axis the phone can't decide which finger to obtain the coordinates from, and so I just randomly picks one.

This works with any Android version on any firmware (although I never tested it with 2.1 or 2.2). This does still not mean that the controller sends the data we need, BUT this effect is only possible on touchscreens that support dualtouch (not multitouch). So this is pretty much the proof that our controller supports dualtouch, but nevertheless it does not mean we can use it (for now).

By the way, my MT kernel will only work with Android 1.5 and the 1.7 MCR.

Best regards,

BB

BB Man.

Are you there?

Where did you lost?

Just to mention I find the reason why we couldn't get the dualtouch in 1.5.

It's because the function isn't implemented in the /syste/etc/permissions/

Last night I get the dualtouch working in 1.5 with your MT boot.img.

It's a bit buggy, but it's working.

When you put two fingers on the screen you can get the controll of both of the fingers.

But it's buggy, because, like in nexus one, when you cross the fingers you have the same bug.

Well it's a little worse, but still working dualtouch.

Flibble has those files implemented in his flb-mod 2

Based on froyo.

Now I can't find a way to patch the .29 synaptics_i2c_tmi_tm1319.c drivers.

I perform the same patch as you did in the .27 drivers, but when i try to build the kernel I always get the same error.

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c: In function 'synaptics_ts_work_func':

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c:119: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c:147: error: unused variable 'y_old'

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c:83: error: unused variable 'magnitude'

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c:82: error: unused variable 'gesture'

make[3]: *** [drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.o] Error 1

I guess that things are different here.

last night I upgrade to 2.1 UK again to test the fibble's flb-mod 2, and forgot to make a video of the dualtouch working in 1.5.

But I'll do it tomorrow.

I'll downgrade to 1.5 and make the video to prove that i really managed to get the dualtouch working.

Really man.

We all gonna need your help now.

Please!!!

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest AntonioPT
BB Man.

Are you there?

Where did you lost?

When you put two fingers on the screen you can get the controll of both of the fingers.

But it's buggy, because, like in nexus one, when you cross the fingers you have the same bug.

Based on froyo.

I perform the same patch as you did in the .27 drivers, but when i try to build the kernel I always get the same error.

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c: In function 'synaptics_ts_work_func':

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c:119: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c:147: error: unused variable 'y_old'

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c:83: error: unused variable 'magnitude'

drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c:82: error: unused variable 'gesture'

last night I upgrade to 2.1 UK again to test the fibble's flb-mod 2, and forgot to make a video of the dualtouch working in 1.5.

But I'll do it tomorrow.

I'll downgrade to 1.5 and make the video to prove that i really managed to get the dualtouch working.

Really man.

Please!!!

I believe that some warning flags need to be disabled in CFLAGS:

-Wdeclaration-after-statement

-Wunused-variable

If -Wall is set, then it has to be disabled instead of the previous CFLAGS.

If I am wrong then someone correct me.

EDIT: If I knew how to compile an Android kernel I would do that for you totiadrenalin, but I don't. I just know how to compile "computer" kernels, I don't know how to compile an kernel for Android and how to put it in my phone. Sorry :lol:

EDIT 2: When I have some free time I will research in how to compile the kernel. I will try to use your patch and compile the kernel.

Edited by AntonioPT

Guest Sh4d0w940
BB Man.

Are you there?

Where did you lost?

Based on froyo.

But I'll do it tomorrow.

Really man.

Please!!!

If it's the same as you showed before then please don't. No offence, but you're getting annoying here on the forum. :lol:

Sh4d0w940

Guest BigBearMDC
BB Man.

Are you there?

Where did you lost?

Based on froyo.

make[3]: *** [drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.o] Error 1[/code]

But I'll do it tomorrow.

Really man.

Please!!!

That is awesome :)

So we have multitouch now :(

Just copy over the driver from the .27 kernel.

From what I saw it is still the same :lol:

Well done!!

Best regards,

BB

If it's the same as you showed before then please don't. No offence, but you're getting annoying here on the forum. :lol:

Sh4d0w940

Did u read the post actually?

He said he got it working this time.

He was going for multitouch before and now it actually works.

Getting the 2 lines but they won't work if we play a game or something. They do on pinch zoom (I hope).

Edited by D-D-

Guest totiadrenalin

Sh4d0w940

Ok.

I don't give a sh...t any more about MT and anything else.

What was I thinking?

Ok.

I'll stop right here.

The only thing I wanted to do, was to help everyone.

I flashed my phone with firmware that wasn't even closer with what I could read The touchcontroller before I flash it.

Risked to spoil my phone.

But for whom?

I'm not interested anymore.

I got results.

Got Multituch in Pulse with Android 1.5.

But for whom I suffered?

For someone who thinks it is nonsense?!

If anyone is interested let him handle alone.

I no longer exist in this forum.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest AntonioPT
Ok.

What was I thinking?

Ok.

I'll stop right here.

I flashed my phone with firmware that wasn't even closer with what I could read The touchcontroller before I flash it.

But for whom?

I got results.

But for whom I suffered?

NOOOO! Please totiadrenalin, don't give up on this... I will help you, and so will BigBearMDC, and many others that are interested in getting multitouch working... Forget Sh4d0w940. It's awesome that you got MT working! Let's all work together to bring MT to all of those who have a Pulse!

Don't give up, please... :lol:

Guest AntonioPT

Sh4d0w940

And you, did you see what you have done? HE GOT MT WORKING! An awesome acomplishment! Something YOU couldn't ever have done...

Now he has no will to continue working in MT. And probably, without him, we will never get MT working, or at least it will take much more time...

If I were you I would apologize to him immediately. :)

Guest totiadrenalin
That is awesome :)

So we have multitouch now :(

Just copy over the driver from the .27 kernel.

From what I saw it is still the same :lol:

Well done!!

Best regards,

BB

BB

I'm doing this only and only for you man!

But just to mention that we need to find a way to change the serial of the touchscreen_upgrade.zip

Because that was the firmware i flash my touchcontroller with.

Thank's to Big Bear

And here are the files that need to be putted in /system/etc/permissions/

BB my man

You can take it from here.

But really won't have much time to do it.

Best regards

Toti

synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319_.27_patched_by_BB.zip

MT_Synaptics_driver_pathced_by_me_non_working.zip

synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319_nont_patched_.29.zip

permissions.zip

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest DanWilson
Ok.

What was I thinking?

Ok.

I'll stop right here.

But for whom?

I got results.

But for whom I suffered?

But you do exist... :Mysterious Face: *X-Files Music*

Nah bro, don't let one comment get you down, think of all the really huge devs like Cyanogen, he has to get things out and working on the date he released and then any bugs get people complaining and shiz. I mean, think of everyone in the world. One person will try to get another person down. Osama Bin Laden, he tries to take all of America down. Does that stop Obama?

No.

You need to learn to take the shiz from non-believers and move on, ignore them.

And what about me? Can't do something for Bobo and not me!

@Sh4d0w940 - I don't find him annoying, I think he's just like everyone else on the forum. Has bad posts, good posts and uber posts.

How did you flash the controller anyway? I know you said smart card but I googled it and got only credit cards and sim cards...

Edited by DanWilson

Guest BigBearMDC
And you, did you see what you have done? HE GOT MT WORKING! An awesome acomplishment! Something YOU couldn't ever have done...

Now he has no will to continue working in MT. And probably, without him, we will never get MT working, or at least it will take much more time...

If I were you I would apologize to him immediately. :lol:

In case Toti really left us - which I don't believe because he's just too kind to do this to us :) - I know what he did. In fact he already mentioned this to me a few days ago, but I didn't believe that this was the missing part. So he is the one that got MT working, and I don't think I would have been able to find this missing part. He was a real big help for me, and he really worked his a** off to get this working! Not to mention at least, he even took the risk of bricking his Pulse because by flashing a different touchscreen controller firmware - the hard way via external hardware. Toti, I really appreciate your help! This wouldn't have been possible without your help!!

Thank's alot, really!

:(

Best regards,

BB

Guest totiadrenalin
How did you flash the controller anyway? I know you said smart card but I googled it and got only credit cards and sim cards...

gsm Universal box.

BB know what is it.

And even how I get it.

He knows what I did.

In fact, he knows everything about what i was doing.

:lol:

The interesting part is how I get this (smart card)!

Guest DanWilson
In case Toti really left us - which I don't believe because he's just too kind to do this to us :lol: - I know what he did. In fact he already mentioned this to me a few days ago, but I didn't believe that this was the missing part. So he is the one that got MT working, and I don't think I would have been able to find this missing part. He was a real big help for me, and he really worked his a** off to get this working! Not to mention at least, he even took the risk of bricking his Pulse because by flashing a different touchscreen controller firmware - the hard way via external hardware. Toti, I really appreciate your help! This wouldn't have been possible without your help!!

Thank's alot, really!

:)

Best regards,

BB

Would it ever be possible to flash the controller without external hardware. I mean. DO WANT!

@totiadrenalin - Ah right, I see. Can't find anything on it but still.

Guest totiadrenalin
Would it ever be possible to flash the controller without external hardware. I mean. DO WANT!

@totiadrenalin - Ah right, I see. Can't find anything on it but still.

Only via the rpojectMenu.

But somebody need to find a way to change the firmware's serial number of it------ Ask BB.

He knows everything what does it need to be done from the phone.

I thing TOM G has what is needed for changing the serial of the HEX

And BB knows that I'm really busy now, because I have several other jobs.

I work as a musician in kindergarten from 06-13 o'clock every working day.

Also, every working day of 13-16 o'clock I have exercise's in Folklore ensemble, because I am guitarist. And again from the 18o'clock 19o'clock every day I hold private lessons in guitar.

Guest DanWilson

But somebody need to find a way to change the firmware's serial number of it------ Ask BB.

Also, every working day of 13-16 o'clock I have exercise's in Folklore ensemble, because I am guitarist. And again from the 18o'clock 19o'clock every day I hold private lessons in guitar.

Quite a busy man ain't ya? :lol:

Well Bobo, tell me. :)

Guest Epic-Emodude

You work an 11 hour day???

And what are people doing in school at 6am?

Guest JimJam707
Ok.

What was I thinking?

Ok.

I'll stop right here.

But for whom?

I got results.

But for whom I suffered?

Don't give up :)

I've been following this thread for ages, even though I don't have a pulse but don't give up.

:lol: