Multitouch possible in theory?

Guest lemmyc

Guest TaiwanCHT8k
Not really, cuz the xperia x10 people are getting theirs multitouch over the next few months, begining of 2011.

And that's not a rumor, but an official statement from SonyEricsson

It's surprising that Sony Ericsson still supports X10 after a long period of time

Just a couple months ago, I thought X10 would never get its official Eclair release

Our devices are shoot'n'forgets, in contrast

Guest totiadrenalin
Hello!!! Huawei u8500 (android 2.1, Qualcomm MSM7225) has multutouch. Have already begun sales in Belarus. Maybe it will help us implement it on our device?? :P

The problem is with the Touch screen firmware.

If somebody manage to export this firmware from some device which have the same synaptics touchscreen?

Well this will solve all of our problems with MT.

But I can't see BB anymore.

I'm trying to contact him.

But without success.

In just a few months from now, most of us will buy new phones.

Why waste more time on this phone?

Guest Fusion0306
In just a few months from now, most of us will buy new phones.

Why waste more time on this phone?

Maybe because some of us are stuck on long contracts or/and can't afford better phones?

I know one thing for sure: That way of thinking didn't get us the CyanogenMod port on our Pulses.

If Tom G thoght about buying a new phone instead of starting the miraculous job of porting CM, I think that there would be much more unhappy Pulse owners.

Edited by Fusion0306

• 2 weeks later...
Guest totiadrenalin
Maybe because some of us are stuck on long contracts or/and can't afford better phones?

I know one thing for sure: That way of thinking didn't get us the CyanogenMod port on our Pulses.

If Tom G thoght about buying a new phone instead of starting the miraculous job of porting CM, I think that there would be much more unhappy Pulse owners.

I know that you are 100% right here Man.

Dorry guys for my previews post!

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest Ramapitecus
I know that you are 100% right here Man.

Dorry guys for my previews post!

Huawei M860 chassis is very similar to U8230, maybe it be possible to port the thouch firmware...

after a more acurate search, i realized that this phone does not have dual touch :)

Edited by Ramapitecus

Guest android.test.uz
Huawei M860 chassis is very similar to U8230, maybe it be possible to port the thouch firmware...

after a more acurate search, i realized that this phone does not have dual touch :)

Now U8800 and U8500 has MT. But not all U8500 with MT, some of them without MT. So pay attention :)

Guest suriya83
Now U8800 and U8500 has MT. But not all U8500 with MT, some of them without MT. So pay attention :)

btw what about the U8800 long time has passed since i heard it being mentioned last time.... should be a gread device but is it going to be sold by some phone company?

anyway off course multitouch would be like "WOW" on the pulse

Guest android.test.uz
btw what about the U8800 long time has passed since i heard it being mentioned last time.... should be a gread device but is it going to be sold by some phone company?

anyway off course multitouch would be like "WOW" on the pulse

It is great device.

Just only ROOT it with z4Root and use RootExplorer. that are enough for me. Change some dafault applications and change screen dimenstion.

Fast response, big screen, 5M camera AF/LEd flash, Double Mic.

Last SW with Google Earth, so funny.

Guest add.thebad
It is great device.

Just only ROOT it with z4Root and use RootExplorer. that are enough for me. Change some dafault applications and change screen dimenstion.

Fast response, big screen, 5M camera AF/LEd flash, Double Mic.

Last SW with Google Earth, so funny.

where did you get a u8800 looks like a great phone and looks as if it has been rebranded as the x5

Guest android.test.uz
where did you get a u8800 looks like a great phone and looks as if it has been rebranded as the x5

yee, You are right, X5 and u8800 are same device.

Now I'm waiting for newest device looks like hd2, called X6 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've been following this thread from the start, back while BB was trying to give us MT on Pulse.

Now, as far as I remember the problem was the touch screen driver never got coordinates of the second pressing point from FW and that was where the attempt at MT on Pulse was dropped, but I also seem to remember the distance of the two points to be accessible from driver level - some apps were said to use this feature.

Now, what I was wondering, and was hoping someone who will know much more about this than me (BB, come back?!) could tell me, was if it would be possible to compose a fake second pressing point coordinate from the first one and the distance? I know you couldn't get the real second point, but wouldn't this be enough for the pinching gesture?

And if it were implemented on the driver level where BB was trying to implement it, wouldn't it be accessible system wide?

To sum up:

I'm proposing the driver when it catches the 1. point ( A, B ) and distance ( X ), to pass through to the system 1. point ( A, B ) and second, fake point ( A+X, B ).

This wouldn't allow for rotating gestures, but would allow pinching ...

I'm sure there is a reason why this can't be done, but was just wondering what it was ... :(

Hoping for explanation?

Thanx

Guest Sh4d0w940
Hi,

I've been following this thread from the start, back while BB was trying to give us MT on Pulse.

Now, as far as I remember the problem was the touch screen driver never got coordinates of the second pressing point from FW and that was where the attempt at MT on Pulse was dropped, but I also seem to remember the distance of the two points to be accessible from driver level - some apps were said to use this feature.

Now, what I was wondering, and was hoping someone who will know much more about this than me (BB, come back?!) could tell me, was if it would be possible to compose a fake second pressing point coordinate from the first one and the distance? I know you couldn't get the real second point, but wouldn't this be enough for the pinching gesture?

And if it were implemented on the driver level where BB was trying to implement it, wouldn't it be accessible system wide?

To sum up:

I'm proposing the driver when it catches the 1. point ( A, B ) and distance ( X ), to pass through to the system 1. point ( A, B ) and second, fake point ( A+X, B ).

This wouldn't allow for rotating gestures, but would allow pinching ...

I'm sure there is a reason why this can't be done, but was just wondering what it was ... :(

Hoping for explanation?

Thanx

That's right, BB tried it but failed. He didn't say why it failed.

After that he dropped this and this thread sank away deep into the forum. (and got revived once in a while)

Sh4d0w940

• 2 weeks later...
Guest totiadrenalin
That's right, BB tried it but failed. He didn't say why it failed.

After that he dropped this and this thread sank away deep into the forum. (and got revived once in a while)

Sh4d0w940

But this time The Mesaya comes to us.

And Guess what!!!!!

I have the Synaptics Touch Controller's firmware from HERO!

Isn't that Great?!!!

BigBear.

Where ever you are?!?!

Please visit this Thread and read What I wrote here!

I know that you are so busy, but only you could help us.

This time I did my part.

Best Regards

TOTI

And Guess what!!!!!

Isn't that Great?!!!

BigBear.

Where ever you are?!?!

This time I did my part.

Best Regards

TOTI

Sorry for my ignorance, but isn´t this really great news for the desperate hope on multitouch?? :D

Guest BigBearMDC

And Guess what!!!!!

Isn't that Great?!!!

BigBear.

Where ever you are?!?!

This time I did my part.

Best Regards

TOTI

Let's get flashing!

:D

Guest totiadrenalin
Let's get flashing!

:D

Let's do it man

So first thing.

Where did I stock?

Well it was in .bin format all the way long.

And I was looking for hex format.

So now.

I guess that we gonna need to convert it to .hex first.

and put it in the firmware .txt in the 1.5 rom

Downgrade to 1.5

and then apply the the firmware update.

If this help?

Then, as fare as I know until now, the touchcontrollers firmware stay untouched with the android upgrade to 2.1

So this could means that we can have our touchscreen's firmware MT ready.

I'll send you the firmware via email BB!

I don't know is there any way to convert it to hex-decimal code?

I hope that you know much then me about that part.

Guest BigBearMDC
Let's do it man

So first thing.

Where did I stock?

Well it was in .bin format all the way long.

And I was looking for hex format.

So now.

I guess that we gonna need to convert it to .hex first.

and put it in the firmware .txt in the 1.5 rom

Downgrade to 1.5

and then apply the the firmware update.

If this help?

Then, as fare as I know until now, the touchcontrollers firmware stay untouched with the android upgrade to 2.1

So this could means that we can have our touchscreen's firmware MT ready.

I'll send you the firmware via email BB!

I don't know is there any way to convert it to hex-decimal code?

I hope that you know much then me about that part.

I think to remember the firmware was stored in ihex format? How to convert it to this format I can't say. But if you don't find a converter for it I may just write one :D

Yap, downgrade to 1.5, replace file, ts firmware upgrade and - tada ... :P

Best regards,

BB