So come on...who bought one!!!

Guest Syphon Filter

Guest timiano
Mine arrived on Voda from mobiles.co.uk late Monday.

Still finding my way around the phone, but no real issues so far. Blows my Diamond out of the water.

Blows my iPhone 3G away ;)

However, there's going to be a few apps I'm going to miss. National Rail, Tube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Wikipanion, plus more....

Guest Maxctran

Well I've had mine for around a week now, I have t-mob retail with the camera and sms official tweaks, I have to say its far too sensitive a screen compared to what my Omnia has been like, I miss the lack of a stylus as I realy can't gt my head round using my fingers as i poke on one spot and have to adjust and poke higher than where i can see it on screen (and i don't think I have fat fingers ;) ). I am waiting for HTC to release their patented stylus, as the existing iphone ones look very clunky.

As for everything else the GPS chip is scarily powerful it can pick up signal in my cottage which my omnia never could do neither could my old MDA Compact 3. GPS lock is extremely fast too using TomTom. I am still using my Omnia throughout the week though as I am waiting for the car holder/charger/case for my HD2 before it leaves the house! I have popped a 8GB MicroSD and can say its working very well. The transfer rate from the PC to Phone is fairly quick even using Activesync in comparison to my Omnia.

Calls have been good but Signal Strength is surprisingly poor compared to my Omnia and Nokia work phone (all on T-Mob). Speakphone is clear, bluetooth pairing is excellent, it automatically pairs with my headset (Bluetrek G2) without needing to type the passcode. It also links the headset volume buttons to handset volume which was a nice surprise. Web browsing is fairly pleasant, I have found Opera crashing a few times already especially when u go from portrait to landscape, but no problems with Multitouch. Finally video is excellent with TCPMP but you need to be aware that you need to change the default settings for this to work effectively!

I've had one since Tuesday, also from T-Mobile. The screen is brilliant and makes everything else looks small and outdated.

However, the phone has some issues which you really wouldn't expect with a 1Ghz processor. It gets laggy when moving through TouchFLo/Sense UI tabs sometime. The HTC SMS application is buggy as hell with simple formatting errors such as dates from one message overlapping the body of another, and when I change the text display size it doesn't apply to all mesages so some have large text and some have small....random.

There are other issues, mostly lagging and temporary freezing. I've done one hard reset so far and it hasn't made much difference, so I'm hoping T-Mobile release an updated ROM soon, or are no more than a coupe of weeks behind HTC's ROM release....I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Guest Syphon Filter

I am soooooooooooooooooooo close to pulling the trigger on an HD2 (sim free from Expansys probably) but some of the niggles are not so little. Things like the SMS issue, SMS timestamps being wrong etc...

Not 100% sure yet...but then being the gadget whore that I am I will probably order first thing tomorrow morning!! At least it will give me something to play with over the Christmas break! Also I've had a look over at XDA and there's a kick ass thread with all the tweaks and mods...hold on...here you go (for those that are not members/not seen it):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=583638