Pimp my Manila- Add one or two Homescreenplugins to Manila-Homescreen [Tutorial]

Guest XphX

Guest mikevillarroel
When I press the star (favourites), my omnia seems to "semi-crash" where it kinda freezes up and only way to fix it is to restart... Is there a fix?

EDIT:

Now I have added some contacts to the favorites tab it is working fine. ;)

EDIT 2:

Hmm, now the bar on the today screen seems to be gone? And then when I restart my omnia it will come back? Is there a way to keep it there always?

Don't need to re -start, just create a shortcut to M2DTP_loader and put it in your start menu, then, add it to your Manila programs and that's it, everytimeit disapear just click the loader

Edited by mikevillarroel

Guest henrerossouw
Woot!  I was able to get this to work on my i910 running Airreaks Carbon Omega M2D2 v005 ROM and PhoneEx (can't stand the Winmo dialer).  This gives me the missed call notification that has been missing in the M2D2 builds.

post-567214-1259854370_thumb.jpg

Those not using PhoneEx, try adding the Messaging item and see if that will also give you the missed call notifications...  be interesting to see if it does.

Could you perhaps explain to me in simple english how you got the Iconsofd to work. I have tried everything now, but nothing seems to work. I guess I'm not that smart after all. :-)

Edited by henrerossouw

Guest myoder020
Hey everyone, i just found 2 today's plug-ins fully customizable that do the trick very well...........

Could you post your HTCHomeSettings.xml file. My operator tab seems to have a problem and won't allow m2d to launch.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cruddasj

Hey all, does anyone know a way to increase the icon sizes for the easy launcher??? I cant find any reg values. Also is it possible to use a different picture for the link??

Thankyou :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Xanderous

hi im using ryrzy 23088Full_M2D.7z rom ...im using M2D V.2 but i dun like my home tabs.. is there any way or program (I need V2 themes) i can change it to look like this

post-426029-1262859762_thumb.png

post-426029-1262859779_thumb.png

Guest tractor101
Here is a little update from me.

Manila2DToday (English) + Easy Launcher + Preconfig in one package.

Download it here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nheylmmminz

Wow Thanks for those .cabs. This will make a BIG difference in deciding wether to keep m2d or not.

Thanks again (and to the creator of todaypage)

Don't be surprised if i come back with a bunch-a questions LOL

Guest tractor101

ok, ok, almost there but not without problems:

First, i can't enable both the launcher and touchflow, only one or the other.

Second, the launcher apps are showing at the top instead of below the clock;

Third, i get an error when trying to run the configurator so i can't try to fix anything;

Installed the all-in-one cab to device (uninstalled the stand alone todaypage app first)

I have a Omnia i910 with the stock CF03 ROM, WM 6.1, M2D V2 1919.1432.

(i may have screwed-up by installing the cab while TouchFlo was still running, maybe i should re-install?)

If this works, i'm keeping M2D.

Thanks in advance for any help.

post-620022-1262919031_thumb.jpg

post-620022-1262919064_thumb.jpg

post-620022-1262919126_thumb.jpg

Edited by tractor101

Guest obluette
ok, ok, almost there but not without problems:

First, i can't enable both the launcher and touchflow, only one or the other.

Second, the launcher apps are showing at the top instead of below the clock;

Third, i get an error when trying to run the configurator so i can't try to fix anything;

Installed the all-in-one cab to device (uninstalled the stand alone todaypage app first)

I have a Omnia i910 with the stock CF03 ROM, WM 6.1, M2D V2 1919.1432.

(i may have screwed-up by installing the cab while TouchFlo was still running, maybe i should re-install?)

If this works, i'm keeping M2D.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have the exact same problem, cannot launch both touchflo and easy launcher together....

PS: I installed .cab from Mucheno, have sgh i900 and steffs latest ROM...

Edited by obluette

Guest mikevillarroel
I have the exact same problem, cannot launch both touchflo and easy launcher together....

PS: I installed .cab from Mucheno, have sgh i900 and steffs latest ROM...

of course you can't run TF and AL at once, that is the whole purpose of the manila today page, you need to run Tf and then inside it, run whatever plug in you want.

may be i don't understand you but i think you are not doing what you should do, and remember something, if you install the AIO you may have to change the Y, X, W, B numbers so you can have it in the place you really want

Edited by mikevillarroel

Guest mikevillarroel
Any idea how to remove the black part under the red line?

That can be fixed playing with the "H" try changing it to something less like 45 and then refresh the home tab

Edited by mikevillarroel

Guest darkside80
That can be fixed playing with the "H" try changing it to something less like 45 and then refresh the home tab

The plug-in just refuses to appear oh home screen for any other value then 60

Guest mikevillarroel
The plug-in just refuses to appear oh home screen for any other value then 60

Try this: go to today settings, uncheck TF and check only the Spam alert today plug in and see if still is that big, or go to MPT setting and leave the value in blank then you should have the fully functional today plug in,to see if its work, click and hold the favorites button to see what happen.

Question, did you do this?:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Spam alert\Phon Ex\Options\Today] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Phon Ex \ Phon Ex \ Options \ Today]

"CountElements"=hex:08,00,00,00 "Element Count" = hex: 08,00,00,00

"CallsLines"=dword:00000004 "Call lines" = dword: 00000004

"FavoritesLines"=dword:00000004 "Favorite Lines" = dword: 00000004

Guest tractor101
..i think you are not doing what you should do..

OBVIOUSLY! :)

It makes sense that TouchFlo and the launcher should run at the same time, that way there will be both the M2D today page and the launcher buttons overlayed on top of it.

Thought about playing with the coordinates but i can't even get M2Dtp configurator to run (something about a registry key missing or something).

Thanks for your response.

Guest mikevillarroel
OBVIOUSLY! :)

It makes sense that TouchFlo and the launcher should run at the same time, that way there will be both the M2D today page and the launcher buttons overlayed on top of it.

Thought about playing with the coordinates but i can't even get M2Dtp configurator to run (something about a registry key missing or something).

which M2Dtp are you using?

M2D_TodayPage_0.2.1d.cab or

M2D_TodayPage_0.3.0cab ?

Guest darkside80
Any idea how to remove the black part under the red line?

Managed to work out size and position and now two questions:

-how can I get Spam alert 5-th button to work( or replace it with another function)?

-how can I Customize the apps on the today quick launcher?(solved !!!!!!!!!!) 

Edited by darkside80

Guest tractor101
which M2Dtp are you using?

M2D_TodayPage_0.2.1d.cab or

M2D_TodayPage_0.3.0cab ?

I used the cab member "Muncheno" posted a couple posts back; it supposed to contain the english version of M2Dtp and the launcher preconfigure in one package.

I'm going to go back and re-install it and this time make sure touchflo is OFF while i'm doing it, and see what happens.

EDIT: After reinstall - any body seen this error message:

post-620022-1262988747_thumb.jpg

Edited by tractor101

Guest darkside80
I used the cab member "Muncheno" posted a couple posts back; it supposed to contain the english version of M2Dtp and the launcher preconfigure in one package.

I'm going to go back and re-install it and this time make sure touchflo is OFF while i'm doing it, and see what happens.

EDIT: After reinstall - any body seen this error message:

You are trying to run M2TP_Loader with manila turned off.

You should run M2DtpCfg with manila turnd off and the loader with manila on.