Pimp my Manila- Add one or two Homescreenplugins to Manila-Homescreen [Tutorial]

Guest XphX

Guest tractor101
You are trying to run M2TP_Loader with manila turned off.

You should run M2DtpCfg with manila turnd off and the loader with manila on.

That's the strange part, i'm i can't enable both at the same time?? If i tick both in (omnia i910) SETTINGS>TODAY>ITEMS and hit OK, only manila starts. When i go back to those settings, today launcher is unticked by itself. ??????

Hey wait a minute! You mentioned M2Dtp_LOADER ?? Where is that??

From the M2Dtp Configurator i get the error below with Manila on or off.

Just about to give up on it but thanks for helping.

post-620022-1263054440_thumb.jpg

post-620022-1263054454_thumb.jpg

Guest mikevillarroel
That's the strange part, i'm i can't enable both at the same time?? If i tick both in (omnia i910) SETTINGS>TODAY>ITEMS and hit OK, only manila starts. When i go back to those settings, today launcher is unticked by itself. ??????

Hey wait a minute! You mentioned M2Dtp_LOADER ?? Where is that??

From the M2Dtp Configurator i get the error below with Manila on or off.

Just about to give up on it but thanks for helping.

go to the first post, read, download, install and see if it work, forget about the loader, anyways is inside the M2Dtp folder on your \programs, if you create a shortcut to the start menu, you can add it to your manila programs tab and reload M2Dtp everytime you want from there

Guest tractor101

Darn thing was probably there all along! :) In between fighting with it, i happen to move the M2D slider and puff! there it was (the plugin) on the home screen B)

Thank you guys for your help and patience.

Now let me go read some more as suguested.

Thanks again.

Darn thing was probably there all along! :) In between fighting with it, i happen to move the M2D slider and puff! there it was (the plugin) on the home screen B)

Thank you guys for your help and patience.

Now let me go read some more as suguested.

Thanks again.

I noticed that also. Each time I soft reset or restart M2D I have to slide away and back to the home screen for the plugins to show.

Guest mikevillarroel
I noticed that also. Each time I soft reset or restart M2D I have to slide away and back to the home screen for the plugins to show.

Yeah, i probably forgot about that......but there is a way to make the M2Dtp_loader to auto load every time the Manila2D.exe is running, just install SKchema, and load the script attached. to do that go to tools, watch, tab the screen and hit the load from a file. make sure you go to setting and turn the watch mode "on".

M2Dtp_loader_AUTO_LOAD.zip

Guest tractor101
Yeah, i probably forgot about that......but there is a way to make the M2Dtp_loader to auto load every time the Manila2D.exe is running, just install SKchema, and load the script attached. to do that go to tools, watch, tab the screen and hit the load from a file. make sure you go to setting and turn the watch mode "on".

Outstanding! Thank you.

Thanks Xphx & danilla (Ru)(M2D-TodayPage owner);

I have successful configure it.

post-585138-1259808407_thumb.png

For those who still dun quite understand about this tools. I try to explain here.

-What M2D_TP does?

It will bring the Items in your Home Screen into M2D Manilla.

-How to configure it?

You need to run M2D_tpConfig.exe (or .ink) to configure it. Make sure you close M2D Manilla (TouchFlo) before you configure, else u get error.

I'll disable Touchflo from home screen (Start->Settings->Home->Items->untick Touchflo) and soft reset. Then only run M2D_tpconfig.

-The menu is in Russian?

I didnt make the software. Our Russian friend Danilla did it.

post-585138-1259808418_thumb.pngpost-585138-1259808413_thumb.png

Here is what i guess about the menu (referring to attached pic above)

1st row -> Tab setting configuration set no.--> started with Tab_00 .....Tab_XX (Default is Tab_01 from Xphx)

2nd row -> Put the Items in which tab no of Touchflo --> 1 - means in Manilla home tab...and 2 mean in Manilla People Tab.

3rd row, X and Y -> This is the coordinate on where you want to put ur item within the tab screen.

4th row, W and B -> This is Width and Height of the items box will display on ur tab screen.

5th row, The items box -> at this moment I know how to add the item via registry edit.

You need to add new key in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Manila2D_TodayPage \ Tab_00]

The key name is string value-> Name 0X-Item Value: XXXX

0X is the sequent number. XXXX is the name from (Start->Settings->Home->Items->) example: Date or Messaging or Skype or Tasks

6th row -> is the UP --> to move item up

7th row -> is the down -> to move item down

Left Soft Key -> I think it is apply or save. If you already have touchflo with M2D_Tp running, you likely to get error when you press this. Therefore make sure you disable touchflo and softrest. Then rerun M2D_tpconfig again.

Right soft key,MEHO -> is the MENU

In the menu,

1st row -> New tab set no.

2nd row -> Delete set no.

3rd row -> Not sure...it is to disable or enable M2D_tp ???

4th row -> Save and exit? or just Exit....

Alright, here is the bonus after my long list. I have make a package with M2D-TodayPage plus Easy Today Launcher. You make download it at link below. Install it and soft reset. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ejnno0kjt2f

This is should get you the same launcher and messaging bar as shown in picture above.

Because my launcher items is likely to different from yours. You need to set it urself.

To set your own items in the launcher, goto (Start->Settings->Home->Items->(tick) Easy Today Launcher -> Options)

Cheers,

Muncheno

Hi Muncheno

Can you please guide me step wise as to how can I add " BAF GPS Toggle plugin " to the row which includes opera tp etc uunder Calender in your post.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dowiepower

im using easy today launcher and i have this problem.

The red box which ive put ther using photoshop, it dsnt display the weather things like clouds, rain etc. so i was just wondering is ther a way to fix this?

post-549982-1264381456_thumb.jpg

Edited by dowiepower

Here is a little update from me.

Manila2DToday (English) + Easy Launcher + Preconfig in one package.

Download it here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nheylmmminz

hey muncheno ı downloaded and setup your package but ı cant make it. what are the other steps? thank you...

ok! i did it but dont know how.. now i cant change programs from settings .is there another way?

Edited by dreko

Guest joeyboots13

where can i find skchema if that works that would be sweet!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest codo2003

Hi

I did the recommended and still I have probelm with the buttons not shown in home, but after restarting the windows it is there. But the background is messy and not transparent. HELP pleaseeeeeeeeeeee.

Codo

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gpdhillon
ok, so far look like this, any idea?

How do you get Iconsoft Spam alert in the list, I currently have only easy launcher in there

Edited by gpdhillon

Hi Guys

need some help in here.

ive disable the manila from the items to load in Today Page.

then i install the latest Muncheno's EnglishCabs.

For this install, is there anything need to be done ? or just APPLY the settings?

still the registery is needed?

another issue is i CANT APPLY the settings, it give me the standard [email protected] unexpected error.

What i did was i was not aware that my rom has M2DC installed, i went to XDA and install a new cab, which happen same version, but now i cant uninstall M2TC either through activesync . i guess 2 copies are loading now.

Please guide me how i can solve this problem. thanks

Guest lupus_hegemonia

Same problems here...

Probably we must take the "long way", by installing them ONE-By-ONE the cabs, not all-in-one...

Guest tractor101
Hi Guys

need some help in here.

ive disable the manila from the items to load in Today Page.

then i install the latest Muncheno's EnglishCabs.

For this install, is there anything need to be done ? or just APPLY the settings?

still the registery is needed?

another issue is i CANT APPLY the settings, it give me the standard [email protected] unexpected error.

What i did was i was not aware that my rom has M2DC installed, i went to XDA and install a new cab, which happen same version, but now i cant uninstall M2TC either through activesync . i guess 2 copies are loading now.

Please guide me how i can solve this problem. thanks

The all-in-one cab works too. launch the program and make sure only "easy today launcher" is in the plugins window.

Hit "apply" and them MENU>EXIT (you may get errors but just clear them) > soft reset. If you unchecked "touchflo" in today settings, put the check back (DO NOT CHECK EASY TODAY LAUNCHER). When touchflo starts, move the slider to the right and back to the home screen - see anything?

If that don't work, reset from there with touchflo on and try again moving the slider.

At last resort, with touchflo running, go imto to the M2Dtp folder and run the file M2Dtp_launcher.exe (i believe it's called), go back to the home screen and move the slider - that should do it.

This program is a little fussy but works PERFECT!

Guest lupus_hegemonia
The all-in-one cab works too. launch the program and make sure only "easy today launcher" is in the plugins window.

Hit "apply" and them MENU>EXIT (you may get errors but just clear them) > soft reset. If you unchecked "touchflo" in today settings, put the check back (DO NOT CHECK EASY TODAY LAUNCHER). When touchflo starts, move the slider to the right and back to the home screen - see anything?

If that don't work, reset from there with touchflo on and try again moving the slider.

At last resort, with touchflo running, go imto to the M2Dtp folder and run the file M2Dtp_launcher.exe (i believe it's called), go back to the home screen and move the slider - that should do it.

This program is a little fussy but works PERFECT!

So... just to understand it better. FIRST we disabling the TouchFlo, enabling the Easy Today Launcher, making our settings, enabling TouchFlo back and disabling now Easy Today Launcher?

That's the steps we must do?

Guest tractor101
So... just to understand it better. FIRST we disabling the TouchFlo, enabling the Easy Today Launcher, making our settings, enabling TouchFlo back and disabling now Easy Today Launcher?

That's the steps we must do?

Not exactly. go to start>settings>today>items tab>highlight (don't check) easy today launcher>options, pick the programs you want and exit back out. MAKE SURE ONLY TOUCHFLO IS CHECHED; easy today launched should NOT be checked.

Soft reset and when touchflo starts, move the slider back and forth.

If it don't work at that point, run the launcher from within the M2Dtp program folder.

Remmember to always move the slider.

Guest lupus_hegemonia
Not exactly. go to start>settings>today>items tab>highlight (don't check) easy today launcher>options, pick the programs you want and exit back out. MAKE SURE ONLY TOUCHFLO IS CHECHED; easy today launched should NOT be checked.

Soft reset and when touchflo starts, move the slider back and forth.

If it don't work at that point, run the launcher from within the M2Dtp program folder.

Remmember to always move the slider.

Thxs... I'll give a try, I love M2D and these feature is awsome.

Guest tractor101
is there any way to change the icons that easy today launcher uses?

Not sure what you're asking..easy today laucher uses the program icon..do you want to chage that?? If you want to chenge the icons/programs that appear in the home screen you can go to start>settings>today>items tab>highlight (don't check) easy today launcher>options and pick the programs you want.

Edited by tractor101

Guest lupus_hegemonia
Not sure what you're asking..easy today laucher uses the program icon..do you want to chage that?? If you want to chenge the icons/programs that appear in the home screen you can go to start>settings>today>items tab>highlight (don't check) easy today launcher>options and pick the programs you want.

No, I think he's asking (me too, btw!) if and how can we change the apps on the Easy Today Laucher (these icons he's talking about, I think)...