Pimp my Manila- Add one or two Homescreenplugins to Manila-Homescreen [Tutorial]

Guest XphX

Guest tractor101
No, I think he's asking (me too, btw!) if and how can we change the apps on the Easy Today Laucher (these icons he's talking about, I think)...

Oh, ok, then my last post answers the question. <_<

Guest thekevster
Not sure what you're asking..easy today laucher uses the program icon..do you want to chage that?? If you want to chenge the icons/programs that appear in the home screen you can go to start>settings>today>items tab>highlight (don't check) easy today launcher>options and pick the programs you want.

i want to put a custom icon in instead of the standard icon. i removed file explorer from the tab, changed the icon (it even changed in start menu), and put file explorer back on but it still uses the original icon.

Guest tractor101
i want to put a custom icon in instead of the standard icon. i removed file explorer from the tab, changed the icon (it even changed in start menu), and put file explorer back on but it still uses the original icon.

I see. It's probably pulling an icon from within IE's .exe. Can't help you there - sorry!

Guest lupus_hegemonia
I see. It's probably pulling an icon from within IE's .exe. Can't help you there - sorry!

Agreed. Only manually you can replace that...

The all-in-one cab works too. launch the program and make sure only "easy today launcher" is in the plugins window.

Hit "apply" and them MENU>EXIT (you may get errors but just clear them) > soft reset. If you unchecked "touchflo" in today settings, put the check back (DO NOT CHECK EASY TODAY LAUNCHER). When touchflo starts, move the slider to the right and back to the home screen - see anything?

If that don't work, reset from there with touchflo on and try again moving the slider.

At last resort, with touchflo running, go imto to the M2Dtp folder and run the file M2Dtp_launcher.exe (i believe it's called), go back to the home screen and move the slider - that should do it.

This program is a little fussy but works PERFECT!

thanks for your guide.

it works now.

But it seems its congested.

anyway i can have the clock smaller size?

where is the PhoneEx plugins loaded?

thanks

post-220138-1268202133_thumb.jpg

Edited by hrk

Guest tractor101
thanks for your guide.

it works now.

But it seems its congested.

anyway i can have the clock smaller size?

where is the PhoneEx plugins loaded?

thanks

Congratulations. Spam alert is explained thoroughly in the first post.

EDIT: LOL if you mispell PhoneEX, spam alert won't catch it! <_<

Edited by tractor101

• 5 months later...
Woot!  I was able to get this to work on my i910 running Airreaks Carbon Omega M2D2 v005 ROM and PhoneEx (can't stand the Winmo dialer).  This gives me the missed call notification that has been missing in the M2D2 builds.

post-567214-1259854370_thumb.jpg

Those not using PhoneEx, try adding the Messaging item and see if that will also give you the missed call notifications...  be interesting to see if it does.

tried your suggestion, i.e. without PhoneEX and selecting 'messaging'. It does NOT give you the full notifications, only emails unread are shown.