The EzInput Thread

Guest MAMBO04

Guest PayAndCry
Finally succeeded in making a cab which doesn't freeze the screen ;) . No camera focus button problems either.

I've tested it out on a COM 2 build and had no problems, but do make a backup of your messages etc just in case ;) .

Do note that Samsung Keyboard's T9 will be disabled if you already have it. No landscape support either. Install TouchInput to get haptic feedback.

Download and install to device, and soft reset. You'll need to choose TouchInput as the keyboard after the reboot as it's not set by default.

TouchInput.png

Hey OCK great work! but is it possible to use other languagaes?

Guest robertjm

Hi all,

I am having problems installing the EZInput .cab to my i910. Tried using both Ock's, as well as the one posted to the very beginning of this thread.

Since it's so large I have to try installing it to either My Storage or Storage Card. I don't have enough room in Device Memory. When it tries to install it gets up to about 90% and then the installer bails, going back to the screen where you tell it what location to install to.

There is no error msg to be seen.

Any ideas?

Robert

Edited by robertjm

Guest rpmm70
Any news on a swedish lang pack for EzInput, using Ock's premium atm and its all kinda useless if i dont get åäö.

Pz ;)

If you press and hold on a character, it will show all of the other characters you can put, which includes åäö and many others

Guest andrew.mazlim

Does anyone has an idea... how can I change this terrible PIN pad's skin (when I'm putting the PIN number)? I would like to have a solution, mates.

Hey OCK great work! but is it possible to use other languagaes?

found this cab from JoOoSs on xda, it allows you to change the ez input to phone keypad, compact qwerty and full qwerty. I use phone keypad for bigger buttons thought someone else would want to.

kab89's link works nicely for switching languages.

Hi all,

I am having problems installing the EZInput .cab to my i910. Tried using both Ock's, as well as the one posted to the very beginning of this thread.

Since it's so large I have to try installing it to either My Storage or Storage Card. I don't have enough room in Device Memory. When it tries to install it gets up to about 90% and then the installer bails, going back to the screen where you tell it what location to install to.

There is no error msg to be seen.

Any ideas?

Robert

I think both cabs try to install to device, but stop at 90% as there's not enough storage space ;)

Does anyone has an idea... how can I change this terrible PIN pad's skin (when I'm putting the PIN number)? I would like to have a solution, mates.

You can try creating a skin for the keyboard if you're in the mood to do so. The pngs can be found in the cab files. It'll be quite a bit of work though.

Btw, just created a cab that will enable feedback for non-M2D users. Just install to device and soft reset.

Guest PayAndCry
kab89's link works nicely for switching languages.

Thanks for feedback it works great ;) but I can´t start the Input Selection prog ;) When I press on it the keyboard appears for 1 sec then it dissapears and in Settings/Personal/Input when I press on options for Touch Input nothing happens ;)

Edited by PayAndCry

Guest andrew.mazlim
You can try creating a skin for the keyboard if you're in the mood to do so. The pngs can be found in the cab files. It'll be quite a bit of work though.

Btw, just created a cab that will enable feedback for non-M2D users. Just install to device and soft reset.

Oh, I don't mind, OCK! Is it possible to post me in .rar the files? Or at least, write me which are they, in \Windows directory?

Guest redin
Thanks for feedback it works great ;) but I can´t start the Input Selection prog ;) When I press on it the keyboard appears for 1 sec then it dissapears and in Settings/Personal/Input when I press on options for Touch Input nothing happens ;)

Yes, same think here, i´m trying to switch into portuguese... any idea ock ? (and thx for the cabs)

Guest kab89

iv'e been testting a few roms and it looks as though for the Input Selection prog to work, ez input needs to be cooked in. ock has it cooked in on his new premium rom. With the program the languages you can select are english,german italian and spanish.

Guest PayAndCry
iv'e been testting a few roms and it looks as though for the Input Selection prog to work, ez input needs to be cooked in. ock has it cooked in on his new premium rom. With the program the languages you can select are english,german italian and spanish.

And I´ve installed it on his UL Version ;) hope that OCK can find a solution for it..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Finally succeeded in making a cab which doesn't freeze the screen ;) . No camera focus button problems either.

I've tested it out on a COM 2 build and had no problems, but do make a backup of your messages etc just in case :) .

Do note that Samsung Keyboard's T9 will be disabled if you already have it. No landscape support either. Install TouchInput to get haptic feedback.

Download and install to device, and soft reset. You'll need to choose TouchInput as the keyboard after the reboot as it's not set by default.

TouchInput.png

Hi, thanks for the great work, I'm using i8000, do you have a cab for VGA/QVGA version ? thanks.