Software that can backup/restore all settings of any apps !

Guest Keramidas

Guest Keramidas
This feature would be epic. Backup / restore the Market table entry with the APK (i.e. link them together) would make sense I reckon...?

P

Just uploaded beta 2.1.0 to the Market, this feature is implemented now !!

It is now possible to downgrade apps (or restore them after an uninstall) without disconnecting them from the market.

Please test and tell me what you think :)

Guest Dan Mullen
Just uploaded beta 2.1.0 to the Market, this feature is implemented now !!

It is now possible to downgrade apps (or restore them after an uninstall) without disconnecting them from the market.

Please test and tell me what you think ;)

Good work dude :)

Guest JamesKing

Can you just confirm what the symbols and the coloured writing means?

Exclamation mark symbol - Not backed up?

Smiley face - Data and app backed up

Tick - data backed up only.

White writing....?

Red writing....?

Green writing...?

This would be helpful for users to get a handle on how it's working :)

Cheers,

James

Guest Keramidas
Can you just confirm what the symbols and the coloured writing means?

Exclamation mark symbol - Not backed up?

Smiley face - Data and app backed up

Tick - data backed up only.

Hi James,

Yes exactly: what you said is correct :-)

White writing = user's (normal or protected) app

Red writing = system app

Green writing = system app containing interesting data (for example sms/mms)

Gray writing = uninstalled app, for which data still exists.

Your concerns are justified :-)

I'll add a special screen (explaining all this) in the app.

I'll also add a "view backup status" function, which will show exactly what - and which version(s) - is backed up for the selected app.

Thanks for your feedback :-)

Edited by Keramidas

How's everyone getting on with the app then? How well does the restore with market links work? If that works perfectly, I reckon it's worthy of default inclusion in MCR...

P

Guest Keramidas
How's everyone getting on with the app then? How well does the restore with market links work? If that works perfectly, I reckon it's worthy of default inclusion in MCR...

P

I can't speak for users of course, but Google's control panel tells me there are 437 active installs of Titanium Backup ;)

So far I received only 2 bug reports: one for a rooted G1 and one for a Droid. I released a 2.1.1 bugfix version today, which should fix the problems, except for one problem which is dependent on SQlite version. So far there is zero reported problem on MoDaCo ROM 3.0. This is the ROM I test it on.

Also new in 2.1.1: I added a legend that explains (at last) what the icons mean ! Yes, JamesKing I hear you :)

For MoDaCo ROM users reading this: please try to backup/restore an app and report whether its Market entry is properly restored...

For everyone: this app will *always* remain free, and is welcome for ROM inclusion. I plan to make a "pro" version in a while, which will cost a few bucks and allow to have several backups of each app. Both versions will evolve and stay in sync.

Edited by Keramidas

Guest Dan Mullen

P

It would be good to see this added to MCR.

Guest intronauta

This app is one must have! It's perfect to MCR ;)

Works perfectly in 3.0. I can restore my paid apps without problems, and I can see it in "my downloads" in market.

I only have to check if it works after doing a wipe + reinstall or update a rom.

Keramidas:

When I restored one app and ask me if "data only" or "app only", maybe a third option "restore all" would be nice :)

Edited by intronauta

Guest Keramidas

To intronauta and others: Many, many thanks for your feedback :)

Just published version 2.1.4 (beta) on Market, which adds the requested "restore app+data" feature.

Edited by Keramidas

Guest intronauta
To intronauta and others: Many, many thanks for your feedback :)

Just published version 2.1.4 (beta) on Market, which adds the requested "restore app+data" feature.

FC when I enter in Batch option ;)

I've uninstall / reinstall but gives the same error

Edited by intronauta

Guest Dan Mullen
FC when I enter in Batch option :)

I successfully used the batch backup feature yesterday with no force close issues.

Guest Keramidas
FC when I enter in Batch option :)

Thanks for the report. Indeed, 2.1.4 introduced a "force close" when launching Batch, if you had an app that was backed up and later uninstalled.

I just published 2.1.5 which should fix this issue.

If you still see a FC:

- Does the FC message box offer you the option to "Wait" ?

- If not, it would be extremely helpful if you could run "adb logcat", reproduce the crash and send me the stack trace

Thanks !

Edited by Keramidas

Guest Dan Mullen
Thanks for the report. Indeed, 2.1.4 introduced a "force close" when launching Batch, if you had an app that was backed up and later uninstalled.

If you still see a FC:

- If not, it would be extremely helpful if you could run "adb logcat", reproduce the crash and send me the stack trace

Thanks !

Some feedback mate... fantastic app, got it installed, backed up everything and it's working great! One feature I'd like to see, if possible, is a one-click removal of any backups of apps that have been uninstalled.

Keep up the good work :)

Guest intronauta

If you still see a FC:

Thanks !

Well, I deleted files in /TitaniunBackup, I made new backups and "batch" began to working. FC didn't offer me "wait", only "close".

With new update no problems :)

Only one more thing, I select backup protected apps, works perfectly, but I dont know why, don't recognize "SU File Manager" as protected app. Really, it's not a great problem ;)

Guest Keramidas

Many, many thanks to you all :)

I need to fix something for non-MoDaCo users whose busybox don't support LZO compression. After that, believe me, more features are coming !

Here are a few planned features:

- all backup & restore operations will run in a separate service, safe even if the app is closed in low memory conditions

- csv export of any application's data

In the meantime, please rate !! ;)

Guest alfatmelmac

I can't seem to download anything from the market and would like to do a clean install bt would like to use your app before i do, could you possible sent me the latest version .apk file or post a link that I could download from so I am able to use it?

Guest giryan

Having just wiped and re-installed everything using Titanium I have to say it's, nearly, everything that I could want! B)

The only thing that I hadn't backed up was my wallpaper and settings, anyone know which bit that's stored in? I have the jpg I applied, but next time it'd be great to be able to just restore it.

Batch restore functionality would be great, probably with check boxes to selectively restore.

The option/ability to create a simple something(a link or a apk+data or something like that) on the SD card in the Titanium directory that would re-install everything required in one go would turn this into the most amazing backup app ever. :)

One thing I did have to do to get my Home function again was to reboot after restoring it, it might be nice to have a message to that effect on the overview screen?

Guest Keramidas
I can't seem to download anything from the market and would like to do a clean install bt would like to use your app before i do, could you possible sent me the latest version .apk file or post a link that I could download from so I am able to use it?

Hi alfatmelmac,

Sure, I have uploaded the latest 2.1.9 version from Market, in my first post.

Have fun ! :)

Guest Keramidas
just stumbled on this very nice work

Many thanks !

By the way: Someone started a discussion on another forum, and a question about donations came up. I can't sell applications on the Market (yet) from Switzerland, so I listed a few solutions. If you have a preferred opinion on how to do this, please feel free to chime in:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-app...html#post123800

Thanks again...

Guest masterpfa

Hi Keramidas

I am currently using MCR 3.1RC1, I have used your back up app previously without any issues up until MCR 3.0.

However since installing MCR 3.1 beta 1 and all the following ROMS I keep getting a FC when trying to access the Batch mode.

I must admit that all the ROMS have been installed without a wipe. I have un-installed and re-installed your app without success.

(N.B. I am returned to the main application screen after FC!)

Guest Keramidas

Hi masterpfa,

A lot of calculations are done when entering the Batch mode screen. This crash may be related to the applications added by MCR 3.1 beta. Could you run "adb logcat" (or use the aLogcat application from Market) and capture the FC in Titanium Backup, then send me the log ?

Please don't forget to indicate the exact Titanium Backup version, and to verify that the full "stack trace" is included in the log.

Thanks in advance !