Software that can backup/restore all settings of any apps !

Guest Keramidas

Guest Keramidas
Thanks for this great app. But can this app be used for getting free versions og payed apps. Like buy an app, download and backup it, then get it refounded and then restore it with titanium? Not that Im gona use it for this, but that might be a problem if its possible.

Yes absolutely, TB will successfully restore paid apps even after getting a refund. Like they say: with great power comes great responsibility...

I can't really prevent such practices, as they are simply the flip side of having total backup abilities.

Guest Keramidas
Hi Keremidas,

I changed from latest Modaco Rom to this 2.1 Rom. I have been able to restore my apps but the market entries were not restored. Is this a known bug or did I do something wrong?

Thx in advance.

Hi Stevi,

Try the following:

killall -9 com.android.vending

rm /data/data/com.android.vending/cache/*

(then restart the Market and see if you see any links)

If this doesn't work, and if you don't mind sending me your market databases, you can do:

tar -c /data/data/com.android.vending | bzip2 > /sdcard/market.tar.bz2

Then copy the "market.tar.bz2" file from your SD card and e-mail it to me.

Also include the name of several applications that you have restored and that should have a market link but don't.

Thx for your help but it worked without any commands. I manually updated three apps and rebooted (I had rebooted a few times before!): now I can see all market links. Great!

I would like to buy the full version of Titanium. Why don't you offer it through the market?

Guest Keramidas
Thx for your help but it worked without any commands. I manually updated three apps and rebooted (I had rebooted a few times before!): now I can see all market links. Great!

I would like to buy the full version of Titanium. Why don't you offer it through the market?

Hi Stevi,

Thanks for the info, I'm glad that you can see the market links now :-)

About the full version: Unfortunately Google does not support paid apps from Switzerland yet. Therefore I found a nice solution: I have put the free app on the Market *but* the same app upgrades itself to the Donate version when you give it the license key. It is very neat because you can keep upgrading it from the Market just like the free version, *and* it is branded to your name.

I hope this addressed your concerns :-)

Hi all, Please excuse my stupidity, busybox is not available from my local android market, can anyone point me in the right direction? I already have Titanium Backup installed but when I run it it gets stuck on SU Request screen and I'm guessing that it may lack the busybox component, or am I on the wrong track altogether? I am currently running MoDaCo 3.1.

Cheers

Paul

Guest Keramidas
Hi all, Please excuse my stupidity, busybox is not available from my local android market, can anyone point me in the right direction? I already have Titanium Backup installed but when I run it it gets stuck on SU Request screen and I'm guessing that it may lack the busybox component, or am I on the wrong track altogether? I am currently running MoDaCo 3.1.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Jazman,

With ModaCo 3.1 you should be ready to go ! Did you try clicking "allow all" at the SU request screen, or was it completely black, without any buttons ?

If you get all-black SU request screens, please try this:

http://xanderx.com/2009/06/14/fix-superuse...ing-on-android/

Please keep us posted !

Thanks

Guest masterpfa

Glad to see you have a donate link on your first page now!

This software has helped me out so much recently, remember the early days so many question? :)

It's always welcoming to have a developer who listens

Still a great app keramidas

P.S just seen your question above, I've been running on MCR 3.2 Betas since their release, all OK for me. All apps seen

B)

Edited by masterpfa

Hi Stevi,

Thanks for the info, I'm glad that you can see the market links now :-)

About the full version: Unfortunately Google does not support paid apps from Switzerland yet. Therefore I found a nice solution: I have put the free app on the Market *but* the same app upgrades itself to the Donate version when you give it the license key. It is very neat because you can keep upgrading it from the Market just like the free version, *and* it is branded to your name.

I hope this addressed your concerns :-)

Hi Keramidas,

the problem is that I don't use paypal and I don't have a paypal Account :)

I might think about register to paypal..

Guest Keramidas
Hi Keramidas,

the problem is that I don't use paypal and I don't have a paypal Account :)

I might think about register to paypal..

It's what I can recommend for now B)

If someone knows better methods (until Google enables paid apps from Switzerland), I'm open though.

And of course (beside the more cumbersome payment) anyone donating today gets a branded app, unlike future Market buyers ! hehe :D

Apologies if this was asked before. i tried to search but nothing specific came up.

I just used this wonderful app for the first time.

I backed all my user apps and then restored onto a new ROM. It restored fine, however i can only see the paid application in the Market under "downloads". all the free applications i restored do not show up on this list, however is i manually search for them in the market, they show up as installed.

I don't mind them not showing up under downloads, but if they are updated with a new version, will they show up then?

How can i make all my apps show under "Downloads" in the market app?

Using Nexus with CM5.0 mod beta 3.

Thanks!

Guest Keramidas

Hi IBTECH !

Thanks, I will have to look why they don't appear under Downloads. But I think these apps *will* be detected by Market when new updates arrive. Please let us know :)

Guest Keramidas

I have just published a new version 2.5.0 on the Market, which features a busybox auto-update feature ! No more users having problems with busybox and not being able to upgrade... hopefully :)

PS: This is a zero-risk feature because it does *not* replace your ROM's busybox. That would be more risky, but I might add it in the future if desired by many.

Hi Jazman,

With ModaCo 3.1 you should be ready to go ! Did you try clicking "allow all" at the SU request screen, or was it completely black, without any buttons ?

If you get all-black SU request screens, please try this:

http://xanderx.com/2009/06/14/fix-superuse...ing-on-android/

Please keep us posted !

Thanks

Thanks Keramidas, the link you gave me has provided the solution, the screen at SU request was indeed blank, clearly I still have a lot to learn as I'm not really clear as to why enabling USB debugging in order to enable debug mode when USB is connected works without being connected via USB! Or is it because the phone itself is treated as a USB device?

Cheers

Paul

Guest Keramidas

I sincerely don't know. The 1st time I enabled it was actually by chance ;-)

I later learned that the USB debugging feature is useful for many things, including "pc sync" thru USB (on HTC devices) and more importantly "adb" :-)

Anyhow, I agree that the "SU system app" should somehow be better documented. Oh, well ;-)

Guest Dion Burger

Absolutely Amazing!!!! Thanks dude!!. I donated and its worth every cent. It now saves me about 5hours after changing roms to get all the apps up & configured again - not even to mention all the lost data that needs to be loaded again...

I just switched from cyanogen 4.2.14.1 (HTC Magic 32A) to KiNgxKxlick AOSP 2.1 v1.3 and everything is just as i left it with the cyanogen rom! I did follow your suggestion to used MybackupPro for the SMS/Calls logs etc. but restoring that data has neva been a problem. Your app is fantastic to get the apps (paid and free) & their data back in one batch operation and listed in market. I'm in south Africa and we also dont have paid apps and it still worked fine with the market enabler.

Great work dude - 5stars! Keep it up!

Suggestions:

1) Use tabs to separate the system/user apps & backed up/not backed up apps with tabs - just makes navigation much faster without having to filter. Not a biggy as the filtering does this already and works well. It depends on user pref i guess.

2) Instead of the batch operations - let the user select which apps to backup/restore with check boxes like in astro/mybackupro. Also have the ability to restore the app only or app + data. (Think it has been suggested somewhere). This will enhance the app quite a bit i think as the user can define he's own batches.