JC, MAMBO04 and Bruno Adler ROM Thread

Guest cruddasj

Guest taimoor ashraf
Unlock exe and instructions can be found on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=465597

If the phone is locked, it would be to the carrier branded on the omnia. (e.g. my omnia has a tmobile logo above the speaker, therefore if locked, it would be locked to tmobile)

Make sure you check the MD5 before flashing to make sure you have received the exe perfectly to avoid any bricking (instructions are in the first post)

Also once installed you can upgrade to Net Framework 3.8.7 with the attatched cab, which improves performance ;) (but cant be cooked in =/ )

thanks ;)

yup,last night when i downloaded xmas-rom,i checked it too,n just checked black beauty n MD5 confirmed "ok" status. just gona flash it ;) thanks alot.......

and one more question plz: do i need to backup my data from storage memory?will it be formated?

Edited by taimoor ashraf

Guest taimoor ashraf
Storage memory will not be flashed ;) The only bit that will be flashed is the My Device parts such as My Documents etc. Have you got my PM?

yup ;) thank u

n i saw it late, but replied ;)

Guest emoture

does anybody here know how to edit cpr files or fix programs so it works on the omnia? Maybe you Cruds, Mambo or Bruno? Anybody? If so, can you help me with this? Xperia X2 panels

Sector would've helped me if he were still here... Will you be my sector?

Guest cruddasj
does anybody here know how to edit cpr files or fix programs so it works on the omnia? Maybe you Cruds, Mambo or Bruno? Anybody? If so, can you help me with this? Xperia X2 panels

Sector would've helped me if he were still here... Will you be my sector?

Hey. The link isnt working :| could you point me at the source of it. Need to know what it is currently in. (qvga, vga etc)

I cant promise anything, but i can give it a go!

Guest jmsmartins
Hey. The link isnt working :| could you point me at the source of it. Need to know what it is currently in. (qvga, vga etc)

I cant promise anything, but i can give it a go!

hey cruddasj! i'm on your black beauty 28014 and it looks like a winner to me. more report later ;)

NeoTitanium ROM - Build 28014

some bugs, sms stuck, file explorer not touch friendly tho resco file explorer is good. neo titanium ui media player play wrong songs. nice looking anyway

Guest jmsmartins
Thankyou. If you can find any bugs please let me know ;)

till now can't find any bro... i would remove tfdetacher because it's useless to me. the biggest "issue" in this rom is the low free ram, but i thing one can live with that.. congrats ;)

Guest cruddasj
till now can't find any bro... i would remove tfdetacher because it's useless to me. the biggest "issue" in this rom is the low free ram, but i thing one can live with that.. congrats ;)

Whats your ram usage? there should be about 50mb free :s

Guest cruddasj
after 30min using it (and i have touchflo set as "today") i got ~38Mb free

Hmmmm, ill work on figuring out how to autoflush the cache. I think it has something to do with touchflo, was reading on weirdos forum about the reg value. Hope to improve it in future builds ;)

Guest jmsmartins
Hmmmm, ill work on figuring out how to autoflush the cache. I think it has something to do with touchflo, was reading on weirdos forum about the reg value. Hope to improve it in future builds ;)

well.. i don't multitask so it's not a big deal to me as long as it doesn't stuck ;) will try opera on it and report

Guest taimoor ashraf
Storage memory will not be flashed ;) The only bit that will be flashed is the My Device parts such as My Documents etc. Have you got my PM?

THX ALOT cruddasj

got my omnia flashed ;) its working perfect ;) lov ur rom,its really black beauty ;) runs smooth n didnt find ny bugs so far..... :P

Guest cruddasj
THX ALOT cruddasj

got my omnia flashed ;) its working perfect ;) lov ur rom,its really black beauty ;) runs smooth n didnt find ny bugs so far..... ;)

Thankyou for the positive feedback :P

Guest vbrsekhar
****To inform readers: As Black Beauty (from what i have tested) and True and Blue are now a perfectly functioning ROMs they will not be having apps like omnia lite apps etc added, so please do not ask. If i feel anything is important to the running of the ROM then under the hood mods will be made (such as reg tweaks to improve performance or upgrading the net framework to 3.7.8) but in the main, the updates will be the OS build****

If you want to suggest apps or build ideas I am on this forum daily so will be taking note of what is said. Once I get a good idea of what is the most sought after ROM, I will begin work on the Red ROM....... (it will not be announced, just released randomly so keep watch on the thread!)

If you like my ROMs please post reviews on the ranking thread: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...ing-with-links/

Hi Cruddasj, I have become a big fan of your black beauty the moment I installed it. It was a gorgeous looking rom I ever came across. Everything is fine except few minor things that needs your attention. 

1. Bluetooth icon is not showing up when it is on.

2. Some buttons in favorite hackings are not functional

3. Touch response is not that great compared to latest roms in the forums

4. Wireless advanced buttons are not functional. You cannot be able to see which network you are connecting to and their details

5. some avi files are still not playing with media player. 

Except the above things so far, your rom is awesome.

Guest cruddasj
Hi Cruddasj, I have become a big fan of your black beauty the moment I installed it. It was a gorgeous looking rom I ever came across. Everything is fine except few minor things that needs your attention.

1. Bluetooth icon is not showing up when it is on.

2. Some buttons in favorite hackings are not functional

3. Touch response is not that great compared to latest roms in the forums

4. Wireless advanced buttons are not functional. You cannot be able to see which network you are connecting to and their details

5. some avi files are still not playing with media player.

Except the above things so far, your rom is awesome.

Hey there, thankyou for the response. I know about the bluetooth icon not showing, for a while i put one in but i didnt like the new icon either lol. Im working on getting a nicer one.

Touch response isnt good for you?? :s ive been told these roms have the best touch response lol. I am using the maximum touch response that the omnia can cater for :S have you calibrated your screen?

I cant do anything about the favourite hackings problems as i am not a programmer =/

Can you please let me know which wireless advanced function isnt working? I can see the network names :s lol

What kind of avi files are you trying to play? Have you flashed the latest ROM. It was uploaded about 2 days ago but i did a minor revision this morning. It has had some improvements made and AVI files do play lol.

Guest vbrsekhar
Hey there, thankyou for the response. I know about the bluetooth icon not showing, for a while i put one in but i didnt like the new icon either lol. Im working on getting a nicer one.

Touch response isnt good for you?? :s ive been told these roms have the best touch response lol. I am using the maximum touch response that the omnia can cater for :S have you calibrated your screen?

I cant do anything about the favourite hackings problems as i am not a programmer =/

Can you please let me know which wireless advanced function isnt working? I can see the network names :s lol

What kind of avi files are you trying to play? Have you flashed the latest ROM. It was uploaded about 2 days ago but i did a minor revision this morning. It has had some improvements made and AVI files do play lol.

Hi cruddasj

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly. I am so happy to find my questions being answered. 

I manage to find the blue tooth icon from the shokka's kitchen  and is attached to this post. This is working alright but I am looking for a colourful icon. Careace bluetooth icon patch for samsung mobiles is also an option but the icon dosent impressed me much.

1. May be I have messed up with the favourite hackings and have changed the touch response. I will try hard-resetting again and will check. Infact I have to press very hard to test the favourite hackings button. Not sure what happend. 

2. When you go into Communications--> Wifi  after initializing the wifi, I am not able to see the list of wireless connections window though I pressed on the same wifi button unlike in the other roms. When you are connected to an network, you cannot see the "advanced" to search for that network settings/properties. Hope you understand. Whereas other icons in the communications tabs are working ex. Bluetooth and all. Simply there is no response when you click wifi button other than initializing it. 

3. Can you please say what is IP phone option for ? and also the purpose for Microsoft tag reader software ?  

4. When you go to communications via settings menu tab in Manila and return back - all the description for the settings button are crossed with white colour. I dont have any screen capture software installed in my mobile to provide you the screenshot, but I have seen as the most common problem from earlier roms as well. It would have been great if you cook "shake and Save" programme so that we will have taken the screenshot and provide you with one. Anyhow I will install that cab and will upload soon.

5. I have few avi files in my system that I would like to run and it didnt work. It was quite confusing on your portal whether Black beauty ...avi fixed is the latest one or Black beauty......final is the latest one. Ofcourse I tried both and I managed to get few avi files running when I use the final version. But I got the problem with some avi files saying that the file format is invalid.

6. Now I am having problems with wifi locking. My mobile is not locking my wifi network for more than 5 min or so. It is disconnecting and not stable for some reason. I never faced the same problem with other roms. Also, I just learned that some msn weather and youtube widgets are not working when opera mobile 10 beta is installed. I uninstalled opera and then tried to see if they were running. Most of them are running only when I use my mobile data and they are not working when I am using a wifi connection. They are msn weather like maps, news, astrology, msn money......They are not running even when opera is not installed. I am ending up with error msg " Data is temporarily unavailable. Check back later" msg. Is there anyone who is experiencing any of the above issues ?

Can you please post us the fixes for the above issues ?

Thanks.

BluetoothIconNotifier.CAB

Edited by vbrsekhar

Guest vbrsekhar
Whats your ram usage? there should be about 50mb free :s

For me the free ram is showing just 36.69 mb. I am not a heavy user of running many applications at a time though ;)

Hey cruddasj I think that its a good idea that you prefer not to add other stuff and keep the rom as close to original as possible as there has been a lot of people asking for for this and no one else is really doing it. Keep it up! If there is people asking for that "extra" stuff hopefully you could do another version for them and keep cooking just basic stuff for us guys!

Cheers!

Guest cruddasj

Hi cruddasj

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly. I am so happy to find my questions being answered.

Hey there. Im looking at fixing these up today. Thankyou for the bluetooth icon, it worked flawlessly. The wifi button doesnt do anything because i removed the htc wireless manager, i will either remap it or put the htc one back in ;)

IP phone can be used on htc phones and i dont think it applies to the omnia, but cant remove it from manila.

Black beauty final is the latest build. Normal AVI files are playing okay :s If you want to use alot of video please install something like coreplayer.

With the wifi could you go to start > settings > connections > wifi > menu > advanced and then set the turn off wifi if not connected to never.

Let me know how the wifi issue goes. Thanks

Guest MartinBM

hello, I have the Black Beauty 28014 the one that still not fixed the avi files, today I will flash with the later...

But in my omnia the bluetooth icon works fine, there appears a nice blue icon in a black backround with relieve.

the other bugs, are not existing in my Omnia...

Martín

Guest cruddasj
hello, I have the Black Beauty 28014 the one that still not fixed the avi files, today I will flash with the later...

But in my omnia the bluetooth icon works fine, there appears a nice blue icon in a black backround with relieve.

the other bugs, are not existing in my Omnia...

Martín

New revision of Black Beauty which should be the absolute final ;) is now up on 1st post.

Guest jmsmartins
New revision of Black Beauty which should be the absolute final ;) is now up on 1st post.

hi cruddasj! what are the differences between this newer version and the older one?

thanks ;)