JC, MAMBO04 and Bruno Adler ROM Thread

Guest cruddasj

Guest cruddasj
hi cruddasj! what are the differences between this newer version and the older one?

thanks ;)

Bluetooth icon fixed

Manilla settings > communication > WiFi now launches properly

Network now set to automatically detect settings on first boot for WAP (thanks to ock ;) )

Added the newest google maps in

Added shake and save

WiFi set to never time out (was causing issues for some users but should now be fixed)

Improved startup time (experimental but seems to be working)

Hopefully this will be the last build as the Red ROM is underway! ;)

Guest demented1
;) How did you manage that? Did you check the MD5 hash?

There is a place in sheffield, ill find the site for you.

like a fool i didnt use md5..... what a nobber!!! all seemed to be going ok until finish.... then nowt.... grrrr . i knew it had to happen sometime. the mohan or moahan or something like that.... think its a case of hookin up to an expensive bit of kit, then flashing a new boot part to it...... I HOPE.....

Guest cruddasj
yes... why? does it affect the downloaded file? im usin flashget

Ahhh man, thats probably why!! Dont use download managers. Im not just some firefox or internet explorer fanboy lol, I work in IT so have experience with them. They basically rip the files apart (making them into smaller chunks so more can be downloaded at one time) and then glue them back together. Theyre good at pulling the files apart but crap at putting them back together.

Theyre great for stuff like music which isnt too important if a fragment is damaged, but with more sensitive files like .exe's you should never use one. Check the MD5 sum, it wont match because it has been ripped apart and not put back together properly ;)

If you continue to use my ROMs after having your boot sector repaired, please make sure not to use a download manager and ALWAYS check the MD5 sum ;)

Luckily for you, I was the one that posted about the foneshopfun service being able to repair the boot sector lol. If I hadnt found that one out on the off chance (I was looking at buying an NSpro box from them) you would be looking at sending your phone to Elco in Romania! And thats like a month turnaround if you send it by standard post or an extra £60 if you want it back quickly :|

Let me know what the foneshopfun service is like, I have heard good reviews from a friend of mine (hes a phone repair engineer) so hopefully they should be good ;)

Guest Thomassio
Google maps now fixed. Newest version does not work with the omnia!!!

Does that mean that an older version of google maps works with gps? Btw great rom!

Thomas

Guest cruddasj
Does that mean that an older version of google maps works with gps? Btw great rom!

Thomas

The built in version of google maps works with gps. Just give it a minute to seek the satellites ;) Its the last working version that was compatible with the omnia.

Guest vbrsekhar
Bluetooth icon fixed

Manilla settings > communication > WiFi now launches properly

Network now set to automatically detect settings on first boot for WAP (thanks to ock ;) )

Added the newest google maps in

Added shake and save

WiFi set to never time out (was causing issues for some users but should now be fixed)

Improved startup time (experimental but seems to be working)

Hopefully this will be the last build as the Red ROM is underway! ;)

Hey cruddasj, thanks very much for all your efforts in moulding black beauty to its finest. Though I understand that you dont want to change anything in the black beauty version, I wish to raise few more issues that need to be attended in your new red rom.

1. Call log exe is not found or probably missing in the black beauty rom which is stopping us to see the missed calls list when you press the missed call phone icon on the taskbar in Manila.

2. Normal GPRS/3G connection is gettting resetted each time I use wifi and I have had to run the Automatically set configuration from the settings tab to connect to normal 3G internet connection.

3. File explorer is not finger friendly. It is either getting freezed or scrolling in the lightening speed making us useless to use. Resco explorer beta version 2020 is working good flawlessly.

4. I didnt find google maps installed in your rom making the map search or location button in Manila works. I installed google maps 3 layers version on my device to make it work. GPS is catching satellites little late but still working.

5. Touch flo theme is taking ages to launch everytime when restarted or something that causes it to launch everytime.

6. Today button on the Manila home screen is useless and sometimes it is changing to phone button but not staying for more than few seconds.

7. Few msn widgets are not still working with any connection. They are asking me to try again later as information is not available. I wonder why this thing is happening.

8. Re the IP phone - I didnt find this option in any of the roms in the net so far. I wonder how they are stripping out from their roms, may be worth playing with some dll's.

Anyway, I will try your new rom tonight and let you know for any bugs.

I am more happy to test all your roms if you want me to do so and will keep you informed.

Guest vbrsekhar

Hi CJ

There must be a problem with the new black beauty rom you have uploaded this morning. Even without using any download managers, I am getting file broken msg during extraction with 7-zip. The extracted file 104 mb. I ran the md5 checksum and learned that they both did not match and has 1 error. I tried downloading with opera, firefox and internet explorer browsers without any download managers. I understand that iolax has downloaded the new version and is fine. Cj, could you please suggest me how I can download that file ? or else could you please share another mirror for us ?

Edited by vbrsekhar

Guest demented1
Ahhh man, thats probably why!! Dont use download managers. Im not just some firefox or internet explorer fanboy lol, I work in IT so have experience with them. They basically rip the files apart (making them into smaller chunks so more can be downloaded at one time) and then glue them back together. Theyre good at pulling the files apart but crap at putting them back together.

Theyre great for stuff like music which isnt too important if a fragment is damaged, but with more sensitive files like .exe's you should never use one. Check the MD5 sum, it wont match because it has been ripped apart and not put back together properly ;)

If you continue to use my ROMs after having your boot sector repaired, please make sure not to use a download manager and ALWAYS check the MD5 sum ;)

Luckily for you, I was the one that posted about the foneshopfun service being able to repair the boot sector lol. If I hadnt found that one out on the off chance (I was looking at buying an NSpro box from them) you would be looking at sending your phone to Elco in Romania! And thats like a month turnaround if you send it by standard post or an extra £60 if you want it back quickly :|

Let me know what the foneshopfun service is like, I have heard good reviews from a friend of mine (hes a phone repair engineer) so hopefully they should be good ;)

Ok.... prob a silly question but how do i check md5 sum????

Guest cruddasj
Ok.... prob a silly question but how do i check md5 sum????

Use MD5 summer (its in the first post ;) )

Unzip the ROM (it will be in a folder) In this folder will be the exe and an MD5 sum. Open MD5Summer and click verify sums. Then point it at the folder ;)

Hi CJ,

I've become a fan of your black beauty since it was released. This final version with "google fixed" has a different look, however. It now has rounded start icon & soft keys. & the selection settings (when you select something) the highlight is now colored blue.

Can I request to have the items mentioned back to what they were before the final?

Thanks!

Ooops... hold that thought. After turning it off & back on again, everything is OK.

Thanks again for the wonderful ROM! ;)

Edited by iolax

Guest cruddasj
Hi CJ,

I've become a fan of your black beauty since it was released. This final version with "google fixed" has a different look, however. It now has rounded start icon & soft keys. & the selection settings (when you select something) the highlight is now colored blue.

Can I request to have the items mentioned back to what they were before the final?

Thanks!

Ooops... hold that thought. After turning it off & back on again, everything is OK.

Thanks again for the wonderful ROM! ;)

Lol. Yes, XDA installs the theme but I am now looking at a new one that im making myself. Having a rest from cooking at the moment. There is a small bug in the latest one, I got google maps working but now seismo doesnt want to work :| swings and roundabouts!

Guest vbrsekhar
Lol. Yes, XDA installs the theme but I am now looking at a new one that im making myself. Having a rest from cooking at the moment. There is a small bug in the latest one, I got google maps working but now seismo doesnt want to work :| swings and roundabouts!

CJ, Sad to see that you are taking rest from cooking. We have very big hopes on your pretty red rom bro. Please dont go away.

Bro, I managed to get the latest google maps 3.3.1 working on my omnia with your earlier black beauty version. I installed it on my device and waited patiently for the gps to connect. After 10 min of despiration my omnia connected to gps and holaa I got connected to 9 satellites in wellington, which is impossible on a cloudy day. Khudos to your rom cj. So please dont give up cooking ;)

waaa... Seismo was fun. :)

Guest cruddasj

Its looking like ill have to remove seismo as its not liking being cooked in. Im trying to get hold of 29093. Lots of people are complaining about the scrolling on 28014, so im hoping its better in the 29093 build. Need to speak to some other chefs.

Guest jmsmartins
Its looking like ill have to remove seismo as its not liking being cooked in. Im trying to get hold of 29093. Lots of people are complaining about the scrolling on 28014, so im hoping its better in the 29093 build. Need to speak to some other chefs.

hi cruddasj! i used your m2d rom for 1 day and i must say it's great besides the ram "problem". about the scrolling, i just installed ftouchsl and it became just GREAT! no need to change rom because of that :)

hi cruddasj! i used your m2d rom for 1 day and i must say it's great besides the ram "problem". about the scrolling, i just installed ftouchsl and it became just GREAT! no need to change rom because of that :)

hi jmsmartins,

can you give me a link where i can get FtouchSL? thanks!

Guest cruddasj

Hey all. I havnt been cooking tonight as ive had a long day out xmas shopping lol. Want to know your thoughts on this one though. Changing 'Classic Blue' to my own version 'Classic Black' for the black ROM???? What do people think?

blacktheme.png

Guest occulttime

Hey im kinda new using windowmobile..

Hey cruddasj... im using your updated black beauty and it's awesome.. Hope you improve it more .. oh by the way.. what video and music files i can play with it.. i cant play my XVID and DVD format into it.... uhm and im still noob with it but how am i able to transfer my vids and music to my samsung i900 from computer even my windows media player is already in the windows v10..

Guys, where i can download some cab files for bible application and games/themes etc...

thank a Lot and May Godbless you all