OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Guest barbs666

was playing around and realised that in premium build the wifi is on by default, so that would explain why battery life was a little short??

I also uninstalled 'SRS wow' as well. I'll report back in hopefully a few days witha battery update!

Guest andrew.mazlim

Just wondering, dear OCK... Can you, please, "cook" a COM2 rom (like you already did!) WITHOUT any Titanium and with M2D ONLY as UI??????? I mean, the ONLY possible UI to be M2D... or nothing at all, blank screen with Today's plugins???... Or even without ANY kind of UI?

That would be marvelous for "naked roms' supporters" like me and that would probably give us some serious extra MBs free!

Think about it, please.

Regards (I'm testing your new COM2 rom, now).

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest corpisa
Just wondering, dear OCK... Can you, please, "cook" a COM2 rom (like you already did!) WITHOUT any Titanium and with M2D ONLY as UI??????? I mean, the ONLY possible UI to be M2D... or nothing at all, blank screen with Today's plugins???... Or even without ANY kind of UI?

That would be marvelous for "naked roms' supporters" like me and that would probably give us some serious extra MBs free!

Think about it, please.

Regards (I'm testing your new COM2 rom, now).

ock was saying the other day that titanium only uses 2mb of ram and if you disable it uses none whatsoever so in my opinion off course is not worth it. for example if you want UL to use SPBshell or something then just disabling titanium will work great, the same if you load M2D titanium is disable so you gain nothing removing it but off course ock might fell like making one for you crazy memory guys... ;)

Funny that he release 2 new builds today and we are already asking for more, I think 23563 classic is coming though !!!

slds,

Edited by corpisa

Guest barbs666
23557 Premium just succeeded 23551 as my most downloaded rom ever ;) . Thanks for all your support!

Here's build 23563, as an update to 23557. I've fixed a few bugs reported, and tweaked a few things. Hope it'll be as good ;)

Hi Ock,

what do you mean 23563 as an update to 23557??????

I have 23557 and its pretty darn good, so is this build better?

Guest andrew.mazlim
ock was saying the other day that titanium only uses 2mb of ram and if you disable it uses none whatsoever so in my opinion off course is not worth it. for example if you want UL to use SPBshell or something then just disabling titanium will work great, the same if you load M2D titanium is disable so you gain nothing removing it but off course ock might fell like making one for you crazy memory guys... ;)

Funny that he release 2 new builds today and we are already asking for more, I think 23563 classic is coming though !!!

slds,

Ah, okay... So, no worries about the Titanium.

About the other thing, we're not "crazy memory guys", mate. It's just COM2-3s ARE MORE STABLE than the new firmwares! I'm over the 240th flashed rom, I'm testing whatever is releashed.

Anyways, cheers.

Guest corpisa
It's just COM2-3s ARE MORE STABLE than the new firmwares!

Anyways, cheers.

actually I also prefer com 2 builds but since I decided not to upgrade my phone right now due to lack of options by my provider (omnia 2 and htc touch pro) I decided to stick with my omnia a little more so I started flashing again and giving 6.5.5 another tried and so far I´m very please with them. In terms of being stable I find at least 235.. as stable as com 2 and equally fast. there are just a couple of programs I use regularly that still are not up to date with 6.5.5 but other than that I´m starting to like 6.5.5 more due to it´s finger friendlessness.

cheers to you too !!

EDIT: thanks Ock for another excellent ROM, premium 23563 is working perfect so far for me, wifi, gps, 3g connection, new icons look cool and the tweaks made by jumba made M2D look even better.

I think I said earlier I was going to stick with a particular look for a week but I was not expecting a new release so soon... jaja. Just finish putting together my new look, always in black off course ;)

this theme is a compilation of several ones nothing is made by me so all credit to (krazy Radd, Joe the ripper, jumba and ock)

shi....t my brother just sold his Omnia to one of our employees :P ;) no more careless testing ;) finding an Spanish ROM now as the guy does not speak English..

post-209926-1271808389_thumb.png

post-209926-1271808397_thumb.png

post-209926-1271808405_thumb.png

post-209926-1271808413_thumb.png

post-209926-1271808423_thumb.png

post-209926-1271808432_thumb.png

post-209926-1271808439_thumb.png

Edited by corpisa

Guest andrew.mazlim
actually I also prefer com 2 builds but since I decided not to upgrade my phone right now due to lack of options by my provider (omnia 2 and htc touch pro) I decided to stick with my omnia a little more so I started flashing again and giving 6.5.5 another tried and so far I´m very please with them. In terms of being stable I find at least 235.. as stable as com 2 and equally fast. there are just a couple of programs I use regularly that still are not up to date with 6.5.5 but other than that I´m starting to like 6.5.5 more due to it´s finger friendlessness.

cheers to you too !!

Actually, my dear friend, I don't like new builds/firmwares, for THREE major reasons (to me):

1) They have HUGE menu layouts, with TOO LARGE buttons & bars and in almost ALL the menus you must scroll down the screen to actuall... READ the damn infos!

2) They do have finger-friendly sense, but they ALSO have LACK of kinetic movements in menus, like for example FileExplorer (and other menus/screens). You CAN'T just hit down the screen with your finger and the menu "fly" fast to the bottom. I like that kind of kinetic movement and COM4/5s aren't supporting it.

3) I'm using SPB keyboard (I bought the damn thing). I think is the very best keyboard. BUT! I CAN'T make my settings in Input>Options (to set a skin and put the registration code) because the phone is "freezed" all the time, each time I'm doing it!!! I thought this is me, it's about MY phone - but I told a couple of friends (using COM4/5s) to do the very same (install SPB keyboard and try to set it) and they ALL had the same bug!

So... I CAN'T use the new builds; and since you agree that COM2s are VERY good and stable, why to move forward, to problematic firmware (in my case)?

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest corpisa
Actually, my dear friend, I don't like new builds/firmwares, for THREE major reasons (to me):

1) They have HUGE menu layouts, with TOO LARGE buttons & bars and in almost ALL the menus you must scroll down the screen to actuall... READ the damn infos!

2) They do have finger-friendly sense, but they ALSO have LACK of kinetic movements in menus, like for example FileExplorer (and other menus/screens). You CAN'T just hit down the screen with your finger and the menu "fly" fast to the bottom. I like that kind of kinetic movement and COM4/5s aren't supporting it.

3) I'm using SPB keyboard (I bought the damn thing). I think is the very best keyboard. BUT! I CAN'T make my settings in Input>Options (to set a skin and put the registration code) because the phone is "freezed" all the time, each time I'm doing it!!! I thought this is me, it's about MY phone - but I told a couple of friends (using COM4/5s) to do the very same (install SPB keyboard and try to set it) and they ALL had the same bug!

So... I CAN'T use the new builds; and since you agree that COM2s are VERY good and stable, why to move forward, to problematic firmware (in my case)?

1) you definitely have not try 23557 or the new one 23563, big menus anywhere.

2) ;) ;) which menus are you talking about, are you sure you have tested one this later builds by Pdhee, Krazy Radd or Ock, kinetic movement is in every single menu I have tried.

3) extremely valid point on your part, worth staying with the builds that suits your needs better and at the end that is what is all about, different choices, different tastes.

saludos,

Edited by corpisa

Guest vince1970

cheers to you too !!

EDIT: thanks Ock for another excellent ROM, premium 23563 is working perfect so far for me, wifi, gps, 3g connection, new icons look cool and the tweaks made by jumba made M2D look even better.

I think I said earlier I was going to stick with a particular look for a week but I was not expecting a new release so soon... jaja. Just finish putting together my new look, always in black off course ;)

this theme is a compilation of several ones nothing is made by me so all credit to (krazy Radd, Joe the ripper, jumba and ock)

shi....t my brother just sold his Omnia to one of our employees :P ;) no more careless testing ;) finding an Spanish ROM now as the guy does not speak English..

OCK, M2D V2 PLZ!

Corpisa, nice theme! Can you share this theme ( *.m2dct).

Guest vbrsekhar

Guys, I have been flashing roms on my xp laptop and after it got damaged due to power problems, I started using my wife's Windows 7 laptop (upgraded to windows 7 from vista) to flash Dhee's and OCK roms. Unfortunately, I found it very difficult to make it work on Windows 7, may be because I am not using grandprix. After several attempts on Windows 7, now I can see my phone using windows mobile device centre, but the 23563 rom I downloaded yesterday from OCKs site is not recognising. Earlier eveything used to be exe files in xp and it is pretty straight forward there. But now it appears to be a .bin file (just a single bin file) and that file icon is appearing as a VLC player symbol. This could be because .bin files are generally associated with VLC player. So not knowing how to flash the rom on Windows 7, I seek anyones expertise to help me.

I did read the sectors flashing tutorial though, but is for those who have vmware software and has xp cd with them. I dont have either of those now.

Also please provide me the link to download grand prix for Windows 7, if I have to use that.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by vbrsekhar

Guest arthurjohngeronimo

BOW!

great build OCK..! this is my 2nd time flashing your rom, and i'm impressed.. pretty fast & stable ;)

anyway, the m2d all programs tab shows lots of duplicates of activesync. no other applications there,just activesync.

anybody else having the same prob?

thanks ;)

Edited by arthurjohngeronimo

Guest aelton lagoa
Thanks for the tips, I did in fact use version ZHID3 of i908's eboot, plus the nk.exe. Looks like I may have to remove the fix temporary from my next releases. Maybe I'll write to Khuanchai to see if he can provide any advice on this.

The wakeup button bug should be fixed in the next version. More todos for the next release:

1. Tweak startup sounds and screens

2. Start Menu Landscape fix

3. Showcase tweaks

4. Move VoiceCommand to start menu (+2MB free ram for those not using it)

Zzzzz... for now... see u all tmr.

where is the rom 23557 M2D classic????????

because the premium is too large

Guest arthurjohngeronimo
where is the rom 23557 M2D classic????????

because the premium is too large

im sure OCK's still working on that so let's just wait.. ;)

Guest X-pro

slds,

Hehe you are right about being to demanding but we love ock weather he does the asked rom or not ;) So long that you ask nicely ;)

Guest corpisa
Can you share this theme ( *.m2dct).

Sure Vince1970,

Made a small change but looks better in my opinion, again all credit to designers, this is just a compilation of things I like from 3 or 4 themes put into one nice black theme..

Ock23563blacktheme

slds,

Edited by corpisa

Guest Welcome to my i900 kitchen

I need other downloading link, because I used the link which you gave not to be able to download. Thanks!

Guest vince1970
Sure Vince1970,

Made a small change but looks better in my opinion, again all credit to designers, this is just a compilation of things I like from 3 or 4 themes put into one nice black theme..

Ock23563blacktheme

slds,

Thanks corpisa, will try once the M2D v2 is release. hopefully soon as I have my omnia fully-charged.

Guest barbs666
Hi Ock,

what do you mean 23563 as an update to 23557??????

just flashed the 563 from the 557 premium version, now having more clunky feel with programs freezing (still scrolls perfect if not freezing occasionally) seems to lag a little more too. 557 was much more smoother/error free.

going to give it a little more time, soft reset a couple times as well.

Google Maps seems to show the map for a few seconds then goes to blackscreen. All functions seem to work though.

I find it strange that it has a more prone to problems issue than the last 557 build :-( (PS Love ur work though Ock!)

PS - how to get the Sense background changer cab to work! and where to find the settings to use it!?

PPS - How to make the soft key buttons long enough to see the whole word? And is there a way to not have the soft keys there?

Anyone else have these issues?

Edited by barbs666

I know that he include Pako777's camera drivers but it is in 2 different version. Modded Camera.exe and modded .dll

Modded camera.exe for me doesn't change anything.

Any changes with the camera performance in build 23563?

I included both. But as Pako777 himself said, there may be small improvements but don't expect your Omnia to start snapping photos "like a Canon EOS-1D Mark III" ;)

Hi OCK - Back Testing your ROMs. - Using that latest Premium - Looks great and stable in my first 4 hours with it ;)

I like that layout of the TouchInput Keyboard, but even browsing this thread and googling a bit, I could not find an easy answer to use that keyboard in my BR-Portuguese language. Any link or cab you can point to me?

Thanks Will probably get back to you with some more (hopefully positive) feedback!

Cheers.

Portuguese is not included, don't think there's an option to install it.

OCK, thanks for your excellent ROMs. But I have one question: "Why don't you use i908 boot"? Many of users say, that it faster.

I notice that i908 eboot will cause a lag in the display of the lockscreen. Can't verify the speed increase though.

slds,

Thanks corpisa for your understanding.

Busy with work these few days, so I won't be able to release so many builds in a short time. I need to gather feedback first before releasing the other builds.

Hi Ock, what do you mean 23563 as an update to 23557??????

Some have reported that it's slower, but personally I'm not too sensitive to changes in speed. I suppose it's a bit subjective, based on the apps one uses. If you're happy with 23557, you can stick with it ;)

I think I said earlier I was going to stick with a particular look for a week but I was not expecting a new release so soon... jaja. Just finish putting together my new look, always in black off course :P

That looks nice... I love dark coloured themes :P .