OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Guys, I have been flashing roms on my xp laptop and after it got damaged due to power problems, I started using my wife's Windows 7 laptop (upgraded to windows 7 from vista) to flash Dhee's and OCK roms. Unfortunately, I found it very difficult to make it work on Windows 7, may be because I am not using grandprix. After several attempts on Windows 7, now I can see my phone using windows mobile device centre, but the 23563 rom I downloaded yesterday from OCKs site is not recognising. Earlier eveything used to be exe files in xp and it is pretty straight forward there. But now it appears to be a .bin file (just a single bin file) and that file icon is appearing as a VLC player symbol. This could be because .bin files are generally associated with VLC player. So not knowing how to flash the rom on Windows 7, I seek anyones expertise to help me.

I did read the sectors flashing tutorial though, but is for those who have vmware software and has xp cd with them. I dont have either of those now.

Also please provide me the link to download grand prix for Windows 7, if I have to use that.

Thanks in advance.

I've not tried flashing in Win7, maybe someone else can help?

BOW! great build OCK..! this is my 2nd time flashing your rom, and i'm impressed.. pretty fast & stable ;)

anyway, the m2d all programs tab shows lots of duplicates of activesync. no other applications there,just activesync.

anybody else having the same prob? thanks ;)

Which version are you using? I didn't experience this myself but someone else did, for another shortcut. ;)

Possible to post a screenshot?

just flashed the 563 from the 557 premium version, now having more clunky feel with programs freezing (still scrolls perfect if not freezing occasionally) seems to lag a little more too. 557 was much more smoother/error free.

going to give it a little more time, soft reset a couple times as well.

Google Maps seems to show the map for a few seconds then goes to blackscreen. All functions seem to work though.

I find it strange that it has a more prone to problems issue than the last 557 build :-( (PS Love ur work though Ock!)

PS - how to get the Sense background changer cab to work! and where to find the settings to use it!?

PPS - How to make the soft key buttons long enough to see the whole word? And is there a way to not have the soft keys there? Anyone else have these issues?

Have not experienced the freezes myself, I'll check Google Maps again.

Which Sense background changer cab are you referring to? You can use M2DC to switch wallpapers.

I've not seen any settings that can change the length of the softkeys or can remove them totally.

Hello again all,

Our Direct Download Mirror for OCK's latest [23563] Premium ROM:

23563 PREMIUM

Advancedpcs :P

I think many are waiting for this mirror link. Thanks for your time!

Guest ahhon83

Hi OCK, thanks for your ROM. First time i was using premium 23557, then after that i flash to M2D23557 only. I encounter few problems, first is that i couldn't edit the photo in the contacts. It only works after i installed the lite_photoalbum.cab from someone.

1. After that, i try to change the icons set from DINIK anatasia. So, i installed the Icon Changer V2.6.cab. After i right click the icon, select "change icon", no new window appear for me to choose new icon set. So, i couldn't change the icon for extra cab that i installed.

2. I try to install also the DINIK anatasia dialer v2.0. It doesn't change the default black dialer. Is that anything else i should do, in order to change it?

So far only these problems i encountered. The ROM is stable and fast.

Thank you very much....for your hard work.....

Guest andrew.mazlim
1) you definitely have not try 23557 or the new one 23563, big menus anywhere.

2) ;) ;) which menus are you talking about, are you sure you have tested one this later builds by Pdhee, Krazy Radd or Ock, kinetic movement is in every single menu I have tried.

3) extremely valid point on your part, worth staying with the builds that suits your needs better and at the end that is what is all about, different choices, different tastes.

saludos,

Hola! Gracias, mi amigo... (Are you Argentinian?).

1) You missed my point... I DON'T LIKE BIG MENUS; you thought I ment "I like them"! Exaclty what you said. Almost all 23xxx, 235xx etc, every build has HUGE menus - which I don't want.

2) I wrote you, for example FileExplorer. When you "ticking" the screen, you listening a "tic-tic" sound and the screen is scrolling down LINE-BY-LINE, not as FAST (and smooth!) as you hitting the screen.

3) Indeed. I can't help it... I've tried the FingerFriendly keyboard, which is good alright, I tried that LG new one, but I think the best to me is SPB keyboard.

Anyways...

Mis mejores deseos para ti, hermano.

(I hope I didn't mess-up a lot my poor spanish!)

Guest arthurjohngeronimo

i noticed that the activesync icon duplicate (@ programs tap) issue happened when i changed the icons using JWMD icon changer.. i guess theres compatibility issue ;) no big issue though ;)

i think ill just reformat again and stick to the original icons ;) thanks..

Guest andrew.mazlim
Sure Vince1970,

Made a small change but looks better in my opinion, again all credit to designers, this is just a compilation of things I like from 3 or 4 themes put into one nice black theme..

Ock23563blacktheme

slds,

This is taskbar's skin, not M2D, right? (Which's fine by me, I like playing with taskbar skins).

Guest arthurjohngeronimo

i'd just like to ask whats the difference between premium and m2d.. is it just the applications installed? thanks a lot OCK

Hi OCK, thanks for your ROM. First time i was using premium 23557, then after that i flash to M2D23557 only. I encounter few problems, first is that i couldn't edit the photo in the contacts. It only works after i installed the lite_photoalbum.cab from someone.

1. After that, i try to change the icons set from DINIK anatasia. So, i installed the Icon Changer V2.6.cab. After i right click the icon, select "change icon", no new window appear for me to choose new icon set. So, i couldn't change the icon for extra cab that i installed.

2. I try to install also the DINIK anatasia dialer v2.0. It doesn't change the default black dialer. Is that anything else i should do, in order to change it?

So far only these problems i encountered. The ROM is stable and fast.

Thank you very much....for your hard work.....

1. I'll check it out. Tks for reporting

2. If I'm not wrong the dialer cab is for HTC devices. Which cab have you tried by the way?

Hey Ock

here is my OEM Action Screen

Have fun with it.... :P

and yes it's all english. Please tell me if it's working for you.

Many thanks for providing me the OEM - saves me a step ;)

1) You missed my point... I DON'T LIKE BIG MENUS; you thought I ment "I like them"! Exaclty what you said. Almost all 23xxx, 235xx etc, every build has HUGE menus - which I don't want.

2) I wrote you, for example FileExplorer. When you "ticking" the screen, you listening a "tic-tic" sound and the screen is scrolling down LINE-BY-LINE, not as FAST (and smooth!) as you hitting the screen.

3) Indeed. I can't help it... I've tried the FingerFriendly keyboard, which is good alright, I tried that LG new one, but I think the best to me is SPB keyboard. Anyways...

hmmm.. your writing style seems familiar ;)

i noticed that the activesync icon duplicate (@ programs tap) issue happened when i changed the icons using JWMD icon changer.. i guess theres compatibility issue :P no big issue though :P

i think ill just reformat again and stick to the original icons :P thanks..

I see, that could be the cause, albeit a strange one ;) .

UPDATE: All 7 builds ready for you to choose from on my first page :P

They won't be any new builds from me for the next one month or so while I take a break. Hope to see you guys soon with some brand new stuff, and a COM3 build as promised :P

Guest manasse

Hello, I am using Ock's premium rom and it is impossible to install spb mobile shell above 3.5.0. Did I miss something, a special setting ?

I also would like to try yourcombination with SPB and Naong'sMobile Sense.

Many thanks in advance

To all of you that are still sticking to Manilla/TouchFlo/M2D (flipping clock problem, shortcuts problem, weather problems..........):

Switch to SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 and install Naong's Mobile sense:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=604146

All of your problems will suddenly vanish and your phone will look and feel much, much better, plus you can now start using UL versions of rom, no more "please make a M2D version" requests.

Believe me, I was a die hard M2D fan before I tried the above skin (the default SPB was just plain ugly to me).

Now I really couldn't care less for M2D...

Best regards to all of you!

Guest advancedpcs

Hi all,

Our Direct Download mirrors for

23563 M2Dv2

23563 UltraLite

23563 Premium

23563 M2D Classic

23563 Titanium Classic

21901 M2Dv2

21901 UltraLite

Thanks OCK and see you in a month (or so)! ;)

Advancedpcs ;)

On a side note, we are seeing an average of 450 downloads a day from our servers for the three ROM Chefs we support on MoDaCo (you know who you are), so it seems you guys are enjoying our FREE direct download links! Remember to keep thanking the Chefs for their hard work though!! ;)

Guest barbs666

Hi Ock,

gave it some time and the 563 build is behaving itself reasonably well so that there is little difference bewteen the builds i can 'feel' at mo.

The google maps issue has somehow fixed itself and I cannot recreate the error so all good.

I ment Sense Lock screen background changer .cab......... i hope that what it was for as I installed it but could not find any menu etc to have a cakground pic in the lockscreen.

so THANKS again mate, I thought I would never find a rom that would take me out of 6.1 to 6.5 :-)

PS black is cool

Guest jms2367
i'm not an idiot, i've searched

no offense meant sir. i'm sorry if i offended you. some apps though can easily be found by a simple use of the forum search function or through our friendly companion in the net which is google. i am not in the habit of flaming the thread so let's take it easy. again, i am sorry.

@ock

i have already downloaded the UL 21901 and i'll try it our soon. thank you very much for continuing to cook for us.

Guest kab89

ock, i was wondering what tweaks you did in 23557 to stop the headphone constantly appearing in s2u2, when SRS WOW is installed. Better yet do you have a cab. I like the upgrade another great stable build(23563) ;) ;) ;)

Guest joeyj
Hi all,

Our Direct Download mirrors for

23563 M2Dv2

23563 UltraLite

23563 Premium

23563 M2D Classic

23563 Titanium Classic

21901 M2Dv2

21901 UltraLite

On a side note, we are seeing an average of 450 downloads a day from our servers for the three ROM Chefs we support on MoDaCo (you know who you are), so it seems you guys are enjoying our FREE direct download links! Remember to keep thanking the Chefs for their hard work though!! :P

Thanks a lot for the mirror!!! really need this so I can download... ;)

@Ock

Thanks for the new build.. will wait for the next... ;)

Hello, I am using Ock's premium rom and it is impossible to install spb mobile shell above 3.5.0. Did I miss something, a special setting ? I also would like to try yourcombination with SPB and Naong'sMobile Sense.

Many thanks in advance

Any error messages when installing?

On a side note, we are seeing an average of 450 downloads a day from our servers for the three ROM Chefs we support on MoDaCo (you know who you are), so it seems you guys are enjoying our FREE direct download links! Remember to keep thanking the Chefs for their hard work though!! :P

Can't believe how fast you guys are :P

Hi Ock, gave it some time and the 563 build is behaving itself reasonably well so that there is little difference bewteen the builds i can 'feel' at mo.

The google maps issue has somehow fixed itself and I cannot recreate the error so all good.

I ment Sense Lock screen background changer .cab......... i hope that what it was for as I installed it but could not find any menu etc to have a cakground pic in the lockscreen.

so THANKS again mate, I thought I would never find a rom that would take me out of 6.1 to 6.5 :-)

PS black is cool

Actually the lockscreen uses the wallpaper you chose (under Settings>Home)

ock, i was wondering what tweaks you did in 23557 to stop the headphone constantly appearing in s2u2, when SRS WOW is installed. Better yet do you have a cab. I like the upgrade another great stable build(23563) ;) ;) :P

Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Hardware

there's a string named Headset with dword value 1, just change to 0.

However, some users have reported issues connecting to BT speakers. Be warned also that SRS WOW sounds funny after this tweak and you need to readjust its settings.

An alternative solution is to edit the S2U2 skin file and just remove the icon :P

============

And thanks for the kind words from all of you, will take my time to gather some good ideas and stuff for my next release :P

Guest corpisa
This is taskbar's skin, not M2D, right? (Which's fine by me, I like playing with taskbar skins).

is an M2D theme, I put that name so I know in my phone which one i want to load... ;)

slds,

Guest corpisa

3) Indeed. I can't help it... I've tried the FingerFriendly keyboard, which is good alright, I tried that LG new one, but I think the best to me is SPB keyboard.

Anyways...

I will support Argentina in this world cup that´s for sure... ;) but I'm not Argentinian.

1. I think I got your point but my answer was not very clear, what I meant is that there is NO BIG or HUGE menus in this builds, there can be many but it depends on the theme the chef uses and on Ock´s roms there aren't any at all (see screen shots).

2. again, this is why I said you have not try this 6.5.3 and up builds, that tic-tic sound I think is samsung´s or omnias scrolling sound but that is long gone, chefs use now ftouchsl or similar software and that´s why I tell you that kinetic scrolling is present on every single menu (notes, taks, calendar, wmp, settings menus, file explorer, everywhere..)

off course this is a friendly exchange with you and I respect your point of view entirely...

your Spanish is very good !!

saludos,

post-209926-1271867588_thumb.png

post-209926-1271867616_thumb.png

post-209926-1271867640_thumb.png

post-209926-1271867650_thumb.png

post-209926-1271867668_thumb.png

post-209926-1271867698_thumb.png

post-209926-1271867713_thumb.png

post-209926-1271867730_thumb.png

post-209926-1271867744_thumb.png

Edited by corpisa