OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Guest Raheel Anjum

Using your M2D2 ROM for couple of days! Before flashing this ROM I was using V47 ROM from Mr. Dheewatara which I found to be one of the best and fastest (SKtools score of 309) M2D2 V2 ROM with very rare common M2D2 V2 problem "tab to launch touchflow". My analysis will compare mostly you ROM and Mr. Dhee's ROM.

1. Initial boot screens and tones of your ROM were far better and showing professional look then ROM's from Mr. Dhee which has an amaturish bootup screen and tone.

2. Initial setup was very easy as I only had to allign screen once and went to the next step compared to Mr. Dhee's ROM on which I had to allign screen more than 10 times before moving to next step (Don't know why).

3. Touch response was also very good but at some menues I found it difficult to touch scroll bar corners compared to Mr. Dhee's ROM which had an excellent touch response in all menues.

4. Windows menues and large icons were nice and generally good looking. However, text was smaller then normal in many menues which made readibily difficult.

5. Overall speed of the ROM was also good (SKtool score 258), similar to other modoco ROM cookers (Mr. Cruddje 260 and Mr. Ryzry 256) that I had tested before. But Mr. Dhee's ROM was super fast showing a score of 309.

6. The best thing in the ROM was the free memorey which I found the most in any M2D2 V2 ROMs.

7. The choice of the software cooked in the ROM was also very good, compared to Mr. Dhee's ROM which had a lot of extra and duplicated stuff. However, I felt the need of two utilities torch button and voice speed dialing (both can be assigned to different buttons) missing in the ROM. Also alarm program cooked by Mr. Ryzry in his ROM's is the best compared to the program in this ROM.

8. GPS in this ROM was one of the fastest that I have seen. It locked to the satellite using Garmin in 15-20 seconds.

9. I loaded almost 10-15 different applications (almost all in My Storage) and all of them worked nicely. However, while closing an applicaiton some times I did observed the annoying M2D2 V2 message "tab to launch touchflow".

10. The worst thing that I have recently observed is the sleep bug which has surfaced after I enabled WiFi. Before that the ROM worked nicely and I did not find any problem, but since yesterday night when I turned on WiFi and did some browsing and weather update, I found that when phone goes to sleep it does not wake up by pressing any of the buttons and the only way to wake it up is to reboot it by pressing reset button. This has happened many times since yesterday. I tried to un-install some applications just to figure out the reason of this sleep bug, but unfortunately could not find any thing with certinity and as Mr. Dhee's has released new V52 M2D2 ROM, I find it difficult to resist flashing it.

Over all this is a very good effort with very nice touch response and the best GPS navigation. However, some more tweaking and investigation about the sleep bug can make this ROM a choice of every one.

Edited by Raheel Anjum

Which version are you using, and which of these programs are you referring to?

Not that sure on the time update part, but I'm aware that autolock doesn't work. Trying to fix it.

I've cooked the same version in also. Which version (Titanium/M2D) are you using? Just tested on M2D and it's working ok.

Hey Ock, your replies are very appreciated, thank you for your work.

I'm using the ultra light version (the last one of course).

Ok about the time I had to install a third party application, gtsynch or something like that.

about the autosleep, I installed another third application too, it's not smartlock, because the latest version seems bugged, I don't remind the name right now.

About the phonebook, well in the ultralight version it doesn't seems to be included, so I had to install it on my own.

Guest chandanbs

Dear Ock,

Just started using your Titanium 28205 rom (My fav Chef Dear Nicklas hasnt yet uploaded his 28205 yet..!) , found a bug with google maps.

Whenever i check the option "Use GPS", it tries to locate satellites and go back to google maps and crashes. I'm not able to initialize my GPS at all.

Otherwise its very snappy and the icon beautification is awesome.

Guest alvinezz

ock, thx for the great rom..

however i miss Favourite Settings.. I did found the cab of it and install it on Device but after the installation, I could not find it anywhere!!

Can you or anyone here guide how to install fav settings? Or maybe gimme the cab (maybe my cab not quite right..)

ALso, touch calendar doesnt work from titanium home..

Guest qeosman

hi ock, nice to use your rom and i appreciate your works.

i'm newbie in here.

i use your ock_M2D_28205 rom.

just report to you.. video call not working. how to enable it? is it bug or some procedure i missed it?

thanks, sorry for my bad english

Guest mejoppa
ock, thx for the great rom..

however i miss Favourite Settings.. I did found the cab of it and install it on Device but after the installation, I could not find it anywhere!!

Can you or anyone here guide how to install fav settings? Or maybe gimme the cab (maybe my cab not quite right..)

easiest way to get to fav settings after installing is settings/personal/buttons and assign a button to it.

easiest way to get to fav settings after installing is settings/personal/buttons and assign a button to it.

Pocket dictionary doesn't work :)

I'd like to ask you something, I'm looking for a while to find a way to disable the pop up bar that appears when I click on the top up bar. Does somebody know how to do that? Thank you very much

Edited by nig3d

Guest alvinezz

nope i cant find it there either.... same goes to touch response.. i installed it but i could not find it anywhere?!!!

can somebody help? :)

thx

Guest mashimus
That may not be possible. You can map another button to VC, however.

I'm not sure if you have any of KC's past roms, but he had this BT button -> VC cooked in to his roms. If you ever have the time, can you see if you can do it as well? No rush.. only if you're feeling bored! :) ...

Thanks!

OCK, did you take a look at the bug I reported? (Windows Live Messenger not reporting sound alerts with phone idle). 

I've installed a cab but it wasn't working. Not too sure if it's related to the wifi problem. Will require more time to check.

I tried to install it in other ROMs without isaac mizrahi purple cooked in but unfortunately it doesn't look good... X_X

Try the attached file. Install, then set it as your theme.

4. ... However, text was smaller then normal in many menues which made readibily difficult.

5. Overall speed of the ROM was also good (SKtool score 258), similar to other modoco ROM cookers (Mr. Cruddje 260 and Mr. Ryzry 256) that I had tested before. But Mr. Dhee's ROM was super fast showing a score of 309.

6. However, I felt the need of two utilities torch button and voice speed dialing (both can be assigned to different buttons) missing in the ROM. Also alarm program cooked by Mr. Ryzry in his ROM's is the best compared to the program in this ROM.

9. I loaded almost 10-15 different applications (almost all in My Storage) and all of them worked nicely. However, while closing an applicaiton some times I did observed the annoying M2D2 V2 message "tab to launch touchflow".

10. The worst thing that I have recently observed is the sleep bug which has surfaced after I enabled WiFi....

Thanks for your excellent "report". Here are my answers:

4. You can try changing the font size using FavHackings.

5. Yup,  Dweewatara's Roms are unbeatable in the Integer benchmark. Not sure what he changed  B) , those figures are only achieveable in other roms if the Omnia is plugged in  :)

9. It could be a autokill bug which I've observed yesterday. Trying out a few things...

10. Will take note. Unfortuanately, this could be a driver problem that is related to the BTAR fix.

I'm using the ultra light version (the last one of course).
I admit I'm not that sure on the time syncing part. Got a couple of bugs to fix so that may not be high on priority.

Whenever i check the option "Use GPS", it tries to locate satellites and go back to google maps and crashes. I'm not able to initialize my GPS at all.

It appears not be a GPS problem but a autokill problem. Hope to fix this soon.

Can you post a link to the cab? I'll take a look. I'm aware that Titanium will launch the default calendar, asked my friend Google but still can't find a solution.

just report to you.. video call not working. how to enable it? is it bug or some procedure i missed it?

Will check it out. ;)

Pocket dictionary doesn't work B)

I'd like to ask you something, I'm looking for a while to find a way to disable the pop up bar that appears when I click on the top up bar. Does somebody know how to do that? Thank you very much

Any error messages when running it? Not sure how to disable the pop up bar, I'll need to ask Mr Google again.

Microsoft_Isaac_Mizrahi_purple.tsk.cab

Guest alvinezz
I've installed a cab but it wasn't working. Not too sure if it's related to the wifi problem. Will require more time to check.

Try the attached file. Install, then set it as your theme.

Thanks for your excellent "report". Here are my answers:

4. You can try changing the font size using FavHackings.

5. Yup, Dweewatara's Roms are unbeatable in the Integer benchmark. Not sure what he changed ;) , those figures are only achieveable in other roms if the Omnia is plugged in :)

9. It could be a autokill bug which I've observed yesterday. Trying out a few things...

10. Will take note. Unfortuanately, this could be a driver problem that is related to the BTAR fix.

I admit I'm not that sure on the time syncing part. Got a couple of bugs to fix so that may not be high on priority.

It appears not be a GPS problem but a autokill problem. Hope to fix this soon.

Can you post a link to the cab? I'll take a look. I'm aware that Titanium will launch the default calendar, asked my friend Google but still can't find a solution.

Will check it out. B)

Any error messages when running it? Not sure how to disable the pop up bar, I'll need to ask Mr Google again.

these are the cabs i use..

TouchResponse_v0_3_2.CAB

Fav_Setting.CAB

Guest qeosman
hi ock, nice to use your rom and i appreciate your works.

i'm newbie in here.

i use your ock_M2D_28205 rom.

thanks, sorry for my bad english

hi ock, i tried to change the dialer skin on fav hacking.

video call workin, but not use front camera. how switch it?

thanks

Guest pafel9

Hi, I have a small question:

Is ti possible to disable iPhonish lock screen and turn on a normal lock screen from WM? How can i do this, if it is possible?

I hope, that my massege is not a spam, but my english is poor, so i've got many problems with search this information, so first i ask.

Thanks for help.

Guest nikosxri

I can confirm that Khuanchai roms that i used for months had an incredible integer score with sk benchmark.

When Khuanchai moved to Omnia 2 I begun making my own roms that have the usual score 260-265.

I cannot achieve the 305.

But I can tell that I cant feel the difference, I mean that the roms with 265 score are equally fast.

40 points difference is a lot and seems to be more a trick than anything else.

Only if you mess and screw your rom you will not achieve a score over 250!

Again I say that this is my opinion.

Guest mtsouk

Your rom is great

I like some of the stuff you cooked in.

But the major problem is that so far I can't add exceptional programs in SU2U Setting under advanced. For some reason it won't scroll and won't open folders.

Any idea?

Guest Rebels
Your rom is great

I like some of the stuff you cooked in.

But the major problem is that so far I can't add exceptional programs in SU2U Setting under advanced. For some reason it won't scroll and won't open folders.

Any idea?

+1 :)

hi ock, i tried to change the dialer skin on fav hacking.video call workin, but not use front camera. how switch it? thanks

Are you using the ultralite version? I'll try to fix this in the next release.

Hi, I have a small question:

Is ti possible to disable iPhonish lock screen and turn on a normal lock screen from WM? How can i do this, if it is possible?

I hope, that my massege is not a spam, but my english is poor, so i've got many problems with search this information, so first i ask.

Thanks for help.

Yes you can, just uninstall "S2U2". Chobit Smartlock doesn't work well in this version, I'm working on a fix. I welcome all your comments, so no honest feedback is spam to me B) .

I can confirm that Khuanchai roms that i used for months had an incredible integer score with sk benchmark.

When Khuanchai moved to Omnia 2 I begun making my own roms that have the usual score 260-265.

I cannot achieve the 305.

But I can tell that I cant feel the difference, I mean that the roms with 265 score are equally fast.

40 points difference is a lot and seems to be more a trick than anything else.

I'll try to improve score, if possible, in my next rom...  :)

Your rom is great I like some of the stuff you cooked in.

Any idea?

I'm not sure whether it is a touch issue, cos it does seem not to detect presses. I'll try changing a few settings. 

Guest Rebels

Dear OCK, have been using ur rom (Classic titanium) since 2nd jan. i love it but as u know it has got some prob such as TCalender(its very useful to me and i love it), s2u2 and touch response. I'm very sure that u r doing ur best fixing them all. When do u plan to up ur new release?(I'd die to use ur bug free rom for looooooooooooooooong time :) )

Dear OCK, have been using ur rom (Classic titanium) since 2nd jan. i love it but as u know it has got some prob such as TCalender(its very useful to me and i love it), s2u2 and touch response. I'm very sure that u r doing ur best fixing them all. When do u plan to up ur new release?(I'd die to use ur bug free rom for looooooooooooooooong time :) )

I've managed to fix the problem with Tcalendar. Took me some guesswork and a couple of reflashes, guess I'm lucky today B) .

no, i'm using ock_M2D_28205 rom.

I'm changing the dialer again, hope it will fix the front camera issue.

OCK, i'm still in ur 23619, when will u release a new ROM without S2U2?

Still beta testing, looks pretty stable so far. Wondering if I should re-release 28205? Not sure when the next build would be out.

Guest terius

wasup i installed both of the roms (i tried) and both of them freezer at one pont is just me or this happened to anyone, i like the screenshot, man

Still beta testing, looks pretty stable so far. Wondering if I should re-release 28205? Not sure when the next build would be out.

hoping u release the 28205 without S2U2 and those bug free.hehe

thanks.

Guest linasg

just wondering why all rom makers trying to make newest rom versions and no one is trying to make most stable and bug-free version?

It would be nice if you re-release 28205 with all bug-fixes.

I like your roms!

just wondering why all rom makers trying to make newest rom versions and no one is trying to make most stable and bug-free version?

It would be nice if you re-release 28205 with all bug-fixes.

I like your roms!

I'm still making lots of tweaks to my kitchen, and such tweaking may have unexpected issues, thus the presence of bugs. I hope to settle on a stable core and base my roms from there. Meanwhile, I really want to thank those who try out my roms and give their feedback.

I plan to re-release 28205 - without the bugs reported. Still trying to solve the enable lock on wakeup bug...  :)