OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Guest kusikusi

Hi

how can i add full screen (wallapaper) weather?

in other manil that i had the wallapaper had change full screen wallpaper.. how can i enable it here in the GTX rom?

Guest corpisa
yes I did that. When I tried to run the exe from program files, it didn't run, but when I moved the exe file to the windows dir there was no problem. Maybe I need a hard reset or something :D I don't know if it means something to have the icon in windows dir and the exe file in program files or what is your experience ?

X,

are you doing it like this for example: \My Storage\Program Files\M2DC\Manilla2DConfig.exe :rolleyes: it always worked for me and the icons are always on windows folder with no problem. try again and let us know what happen. are you on GTX?

check Post 2999

slds,

Edited by corpisa

Guest X-pro
X,

are you doing it like this for example: \My Storage\Program Files\M2DC\Manilla2DConfig.exe :rolleyes: it always worked for me and the icons are always on windows folder with no problem. try again and let us know what happen. are you on GTX?

check Post 2999

slds,

yep, I checked the path a million times and wrote it with the spaces and without, with the " and with out, so I tried a lot

I'm not on gtx anymore. spb 3.5.4 was released, as where vostradamus new widget pack and that pack contains so many widgets I had to test :D I'm using shokka's last 6.1 rom to test

Edited by X-pro

Guest XeeX

Hi ock, your GTX rom is awesome ! But I've a problem... With the keyboard and T9... I can't add my own words =( It display "Word added" but when I want to use it, his not there...

P.S : Sorry for my poor English...

Guest skyanuj

Are other keybds giving you the same problem or is it specific to TouchPal?

I am having same problem with the default keyboard that comes with ur ROM. Haven't tried other keyboards.

And i think its not only keyboard problem. You can seen in the attached pic, where the "msg input box" is covered by the taskbar. I tried VITO sms chat, same problem here.

Hello OCK,

What about this problem ? Its making me so difficult for chatting, texting.

Guest Toldo

I was wondering, as I use the manila classic rom, is it possible for you OCK, to make a premium version but instead of Manila v2, use Manila v1.2/classic? I would apreciate all the benefits of premium version but with fast and stable manila. V2 doesn't work for me, I can't even update the weather on the home tab...

Guest dollar99
(serge Kab @ May 12 2010, 21:38) *

OCK please can you provide a working SWF player ... Thanks

Will fix my cab give me some time smile.gif

OCK,

Just checking if it is ready.

Hi again OCK,

Is this ready

Hi Ock,

I am on GTX edition rom and after using it for 2/3 days the menus (all menus have this issue, not specific to an application or program) have started showing thin line borders with the first menu item missing. I believe this isnt GTX specific because I saw this issue in 22004 too and I did a hard rest to fix it. Please see screenshot.

post-561286-1274509835_thumb.png

Seems some files were deleted for some reason. Does changing themes help?

Hi Master OCK, I am missing your action lately? Waiting for your latest COM5 build ..

Planning to make a 28xxx build next, I'll see when the next build comes out :D

Hi OCk,

Thanks for your hard work, I've been using your ROM for while and I've just noticed two bugs. Despite the fact that I've done some research here, I became none the wiser how to resolve my issues.

Certain programs like Lextionary's option's menu doesn't fit in the screen, leaving you without an OK button, you get stuck basically there, it's like the upper taskbar is covering it and there's no way I can either quit (without pressing the hang up button) or to accept the changes, I bought this programme and I'd be glad if you could help me with it, I can't even type in the registration code, I mean I can but I can't get forward then.

Another thing. The time keeps jumping back and forth when I enter the menu or the home screen.

I'd be very very glad if you could help me, other then these everything's is cool.

Thanks very much.

The first issue can be resolved by assigning a button as to the "ok" action. This is a problem with the new UI in 6.5.x builds.

The second is a "feature" of M2Dv2, it can't be disabled unfortunately.

been using this rom for around a week now (GTX) and it seems pretty good.

my only complaints:

KB is a bit unresponcive at times....

If i get a call whilst in standby - when S2U2 comes up - no contact details are shown - just the number - so i have no clue whos calling me.

other than that - its GREAT

Sometimes the keybd may lag a bit especially if you're using t9, as for S2U2, contact names do work correctly for me, is it a universal issue or specific to certain people?

Hi

how can i add full screen (wallapaper) weather?

in other manil that i had the wallapaper had change full screen wallpaper.. how can i enable it here in the GTX rom?

Disable M2D by unchecking "TouchFLO" in settings-home, install the attached cab, and re-enable it.

Hi ock, your GTX rom is awesome ! But I've a problem... With the keyboard and T9... I can't add my own words =( It display "Word added" but when I want to use it, his not there...

P.S : Sorry for my poor English...

Looks like some things need to be tweaked to get it fully working on our Omnias. I'll see if there's anything I can do.

Are other keybds giving you the same problem or is it specific to TouchPal?

I am having same problem with the default keyboard that comes with ur ROM. Haven't tried other keyboards.

And i think its not only keyboard problem. You can seen in the attached pic, where the "msg input box" is covered by the taskbar. I tried VITO sms chat, same problem here.

Hello OCK,

What about this problem ? Its making me so difficult for chatting, texting.

Strange that I didn't get this issue :rolleyes: I suspect some 3rd party app may be the cause.

Does pressing the enter key on the keybd enlarge the input area?

I was wondering, as I use the manila classic rom, is it possible for you OCK, to make a premium version but instead of Manila v2, use Manila v1.2/classic? I would apreciate all the benefits of premium version but with fast and stable manila. V2 doesn't work for me, I can't even update the weather on the home tab...

Both versions are based on the same core files, just with a few extra programs which you can install via cabs. Unfortunately I don't have time to cook more builds. As for the weather, the server may not respond sometimes, so you can't get the weather update. I suppose you can just take a peak outside if the weather server's down? :(

Hi again OCK,

Is this ready

Sorry didn't have time these few days to look into it. I'll find time this week to work on a cab, if it's possible. I used the same files, just didn't know why it doesn't work when put in a cab.

Fullscreen_weather_for_GTX_rom.cab

Edited by ock

Guest steven107

i using 23118 utimateclassic , and i had installed WQVGA EZinput , how I set the default keyboard ezinput when i turn on my phone thanks.

Guest Alien-Tech
i using 23118 utimateclassic , and i had installed WQVGA EZinput , how I set the default keyboard ezinput when i turn on my phone thanks.

SIPCHANGE is the name of the application you are looking for. Find it in the second post of this topic, with OCK's FAQ!

Guest Petter88
The first issue can be resolved by assigning a button as to the "ok" action. This is a problem with the new UI in 6.5.x builds.

The second is a "feature" of M2Dv2, it can't be disabled unfortunately.

I seam to remember having a cab fix for the 01:02 flip, however I can't seam to find it atm. there are lots of sites telling you how to remove it in TF3D thou, maybe its similar?

http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/touchflo...-flip-animation

http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthre...624&p=18286

GTX sure looks nice, do you have a file with just the light windows theme? I'm currently running SPB, so I usually install your titanium release as they are a bit lighter without removing the essensials

Edited by Petter88

Guest timf

Great ROM ock, thanks. Just started running GTX.

Hopefully simple question, I was previously running M2D classic, which had the right soft key on the home screen assigned to the programs tab.

On GTX it is the camera, how can I switch it back?

I've found the place in M2DC to change the assignment, but I don't know what to link it to.

Thanks,

Tim

Guest timf

Second question is about ringtones.

I tried placing some new ringtones in the \Application Data\Sounds directory, where the other ringtones where, however it only seems to recognize WMA files, not MP3.

I've also tried placing them in the My Ringtones and My Music directories.

Is it possible to use MP3 ringtones with this ROM?

If so, where do I put them in order for the phone to recognize them?

Thanks,

Tim

Guest andrew.mazlim

Btw, OCK... I flashed your UltraLite 23563, the very same build I'm using till today ("JN Foundation" build 23563 - "G-Carbon v.2") and I must say I'm very impressed!!! First, lot of storage (obviously) but also lot of memory free. The MOST impressive is, you put... kinetic scrolling EVERYWHERE!!! The lack of kinetic scrolling in new builds was one of the most annoying things to me and somehow, you did it! Thxs!... I found it (your UltraLite 23563) a GREAT base to "build" one-by-one app the ideal rom for me.

(I've learn making cabs - registry's etries or themes and general editing... I just finished the tweak of StartMenu - in List View with large buttons & glossy Sellection, I made my personal Home Theme's editing in cab, many registry entries... etc. Day-by-day, I'm "transforming" your UltraLite 23563 to a "Lite" rom with visual edited parts from "JN".)

Thxs again for this fine, fast, stable, full kinetic scrolling, light rom.

Guest X-pro

I tried placing some new ringtones in the \Application Data\Sounds directory, where the other ringtones where, however it only seems to recognize WMA files, not MP3.

Thanks,

Tim

Don't know which build you are using, so it's hard to give a precise answer, but here comes :rolleyes:

There might be a tool in tools dir to change the default storage location and that might work. Think the default is device>my documents>my ringtones You should be able to play mp3 ring tones when they are copied to the windows dir or simply find the ring tone you want to use via file explorer and press and hold the file, then select use as ring tone

I seam to remember having a cab fix for the 01:02 flip, however I can't seam to find it atm. there are lots of sites telling you how to remove it in TF3D thou, maybe its similar?

http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/touchflo...-flip-animation

http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthre...624&p=18286

GTX sure looks nice, do you have a file with just the light windows theme? I'm currently running SPB, so I usually install your titanium release as they are a bit lighter without removing the essensials

Haha that won't work on M2Dv2 as they use different files.

As for a GTX-style theme, check out my "ClassicGrey" theme. :(

Great ROM ock, thanks. Just started running GTX.

Hopefully simple question, I was previously running M2D classic, which had the right soft key on the home screen assigned to the programs tab. On GTX it is the camera, how can I switch it back?

I've found the place in M2DC to change the assignment, but I don't know what to link it to.

Thanks,

Tim

It's quite a tough question actually. I'm currently using M2DV2 so I can't post the registry settings. Not sure if it'll work though.

Thanks,

Tim

Don't know which build you are using, so it's hard to give a precise answer, but here comes :rolleyes:

There might be a tool in tools dir to change the default storage location and that might work. Think the default is device>my documents>my ringtones You should be able to play mp3 ring tones when they are copied to the windows dir or simply find the ring tone you want to use via file explorer and press and hold the file, then select use as ring tone

Tks X-Pro for your reply. Alternatively, Tim, you can create a "My Ringtones" folder under "My Storage" and put your mp3s in there. You can also tap and hold on a mp3 file in File Explorer and select "Set as ringtone"

Btw, OCK... I flashed your UltraLite 23563, the very same build I'm using till today ("JN Foundation" build 23563 - "G-Carbon v.2") and I must say I'm very impressed!!! First, lot of storage (obviously) but also lot of memory free. The MOST impressive is, you put... kinetic scrolling EVERYWHERE!!! The lack of kinetic scrolling in new builds was one of the most annoying things to me and somehow, you did it! Thxs!... I found it (your UltraLite 23563) a GREAT base to "build" one-by-one app the ideal rom for me.

(I've learn making cabs - registry's etries or themes and general editing... I just finished the tweak of StartMenu - in List View with large buttons & glossy Sellection, I made my personal Home Theme's editing in cab, many registry entries... etc. Day-by-day, I'm "transforming" your UltraLite 23563 to a "Lite" rom with visual edited parts from "JN".)

Thxs again for this fine, fast, stable, full kinetic scrolling, light rom.

Glad it's working well for you :D That's the purpose for my Ultralite roms - to give users as much room for customisation as possible, in terms of themes, apps etc.

Edited by ock

Guest dann1o

heya!

Just got to install the GTX vers. and I'm loving it!

However, there's one little thing that's been bothering me and that's the weather-update "bar" on the homescreen, I was wondering if it's possible to remove that - and if it is, how?

I guess all I need to do is to edit a certain .xml file, but which one would that be?

keep up the godlike work!

edit;

oh, also - the digital clock always seem to be bugging every time I lock/unlock S2U2 (showing the wrong time for a second or so, nothing big - just annoying like fark :rolleyes: ) .. is there any possible fix for this?

;edit

Edited by dann1o

Guest andrew.mazlim
Glad it's working well for you :rolleyes: That's the purpose for my Ultralite roms - to give users as much room for customisation as possible, in terms of themes, apps etc.

Ιndeed, bro. I almost installed everything I need (S2U2 included) exept M2D v2 and... I only have 35% memory drain!!!!!!!! There are 65% more FREE, for M2D and system!

Nicccccccce!...

Guest Toldo

Ok, one thing is getting on my nerves. When I receive a new message, I get the icon on the taskbar and a number near the messaging icon in Manila. Usually (on other roms) when I slide to messaging in Manila both the icons disappeared and the message was marked as read. Here in Manila Classic I have to slide to messaging and tap a message to open it and then the message is marked as read, that takes time and is quite annoying. Is it possible to change that?

Guest M@ttiS

Hi all,

OCK the rom is GREAT Beautiful simple etc.

I have problem with messages. They doesnt work, I can only read new messages on manila screen, but main aplication doesnt start. Is this connected with big number of messages combined with threaded mode? Is it possible to make it work together?

Guest pc-fixer

Great rom.

But i've got a problem.

I changed the m2d skin, and i went back to your m2d skin but now my homescreen wheather is totally messed up.

Do you have a original HTCHomeSettings.xml for me?

Thanks a lot

Guest Toldo
Hi all,

OCK the rom is GREAT Beautiful simple etc.

I have problem with messages. They doesnt work, I can only read new messages on manila screen, but main aplication doesnt start. Is this connected with big number of messages combined with threaded mode? Is it possible to make it work together?

You just have to wait until the messages get "catalogued" or delete some;) Or change to non-threaded sms.

Guest M@ttiS
You just have to wait until the messages get "catalogued" or delete some;) Or change to non-threaded sms.

After tapping the messages tothing happens. Unfortunattely I have to change it into non-threaded mode :rolleyes:

Guest DiNiko

23118 lite bug?

When bluetooth is activated left softkey [Phone] disapears in bottom bar and only right softkey [camera] remains visible.

If you tap at the bottom bar position though, (where [phone] softkey was appearing previously), message pops up asking about turning off Bluetooth

Strange isn't it? :rolleyes:

Edited by DiNiko