OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Guest wingw

Hi, I'm using ultralite, can you provide the cab for office and messenger? the link in Original Samsung Applications Repository doesn't work anymore. Thanks!

Guest andrew.mazlim

Dear OCK (or anyone), can you tell me what I'm doing wrong and I can't update the M2D Home weather (M2Dv.2)? I'm updating perfectly the weather in the M2D weather tab/screen, I installed the GoogleMaps 4.0 and I found my location easily, I'm tapping the weather icon under the Home clock... and nothing changing.

I think, I saw/read somewhere, about a small tweak (in cab), fixing that small problem.

Can anyone help me on this, please?

(In new M2Dv.2 builds/roms, the "cookers" have fixed that problem - I haven't any weather issue with OCK's M2Dv.2 or "JN G-Carbon M2Dv.2" roms. But, since I decided to flash OCK's UltraLite 23563 and to install MANUALLY everything by myself (M2Dv.2 included), I must install that cab/fix myself, right?)

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest ameizeing

Hi OCK,

Tried your Premium ROM but found the Touch response slow. Decided to try Steff195's ROM but found that My ISP settings under Connections had completely disappeared! Couldn't get the new settings sent by SingTel installed as the error message "System settings have changed" kept appearing each time I received the settings sent by SMS. Would you happen to have the settings for Singtel so I can manually set up my Internet connection? PLEASE HELP!!

Guest andrew.mazlim
Hi OCK,

Tried your Premium ROM but found the Touch response slow. Decided to try Steff195's ROM but found that My ISP settings under Connections had completely disappeared! Couldn't get the new settings sent by SingTel installed as the error message "System settings have changed" kept appearing each time I received the settings sent by SMS. Would you happen to have the settings for Singtel so I can manually set up my Internet connection? PLEASE HELP!!

Don't know what's your problem, but I'm using (always) FavHackOmnia cab (enabling everything in Screen response) and also iTouch cab and my i900 screen's response is fantastic!!! Maybe you can try them, here:

favhack_omnia_03.cab

iTouch_azharsunny_ULTRAtouch.cab

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest sudkcoce

Ock, CONGRATULATIONS on your GTX (23118) rom!!!!

Been using it for a couple of days now and have NO ISSUES whatsoever with it. Great assortment of apps included (I have uninstalled WOW HD immediately :o, connects to wifi really fast and has a very responsive UI - it's one of the fastest winmo roms i have tried.

Also your M2D does not "force" me to use the SPB Shell, since it has the Action screen! :(

I am surprised there aren't more happy people in this thread...

Thank you!!! :(

(see my signature for my previous rom)

ps. this is probably my last omnia rom flash, since I'll be moving to android very soon now...

Guest andrew.mazlim
Also your M2D does not "force" me to use the SPB Shell, since it has the Action screen! :(

Btw... I installed by myself the M2Dv.2 and contains the "Action" tab. How can I PLACE there my own favorite apps? Can you give me a hand, please?

Guest dann1o

I noticed that when trying to change the amount of rows & columns on the launcher-screen, you'll encounter a problem with the launch-buttons being too close to eachother leaving no space for the text of the name of the program. Is there any fix for this? Because it's a real eyesore to see a part of the programs name beneath the other launch-buttons.

Guest ameizeing
Don't know what's your problem, but I'm using (always) FavHackOmnia cab (enabling everything in Screen response) and also iTouch cab and my i900 screen's response is fantastic!!! Maybe you can try them, here:

Would these have been cooked into OCK's 23118 ROM already?

Guest Xikitu

This GTX Theme is Amasing!! Thanks OCK!

One question: How can i modify the color of the text of the M2D to black? I've put another wallpaper and the color ir white. Any possibility?

Thnaks!

Guest Kiwi-OD

I posted this earlier in another thread, with no result.. so; Anyone feel kind enough to explain what happens if I try this ROM? Will it overwrite everything? And also, if it overwrites my current ROM completely, is Swedish T9 included in OCK's ROM?

Best Regards

Hi,

I guess I'll come across as a newbie by asking this (and to be honest, I am a newbie... just been doing the regular ROM flashings on my omnia without doing anything fancy except for reshacking the samsung menu). Anyway, if I decide to go with this rom, what will it change? I recently updated to the following:

PDA: i900XBIC1/XBIC1

PHONE: i900XBIC1

Will the WinMo 6.5 ROM overwrite this with a different firmware, or will it just replace the PDA-part or something? Will there be any compatibility issues? I'm quite curious since I really want to try WinMo6.5 on the omnia, unless it's much slower than 6.1.

Best Regards

Guest PJ_Omnia

Hi Ock!

Using you're premium 23563 rom, are the cabs Andrew mention above cooked in the premium 23563?

Andrew, if I install the cabs how do i remove them if I'm no satisfied with the result?

Best regards

Guest Michelle My Belle
I posted this earlier in another thread, with no result.. so; Anyone feel kind enough to explain what happens if I try this ROM? Will it overwrite everything? And also, if it overwrites my current ROM completely, is Swedish T9 included in OCK's ROM?

Best Regards

It will overwrite the current ROM (phone memory - not the radio or memory card(s) or as you say - PDA part.

Don't think swedish T9 is included - but someone else can correct me if wrong :(

These ROM's (Ock's) are kick ass good :-)

You might want to do a bit more searching (modaco is good) and reading up - it will get you more 'clued-up' and that can't be a bad thing... :(

MMB.

Edited by Michelle My Belle

Guest nhojnayr

after recording a video it says "unable to read file". i tried the fix provided in the second post but it doesnt solve the issue. is there any way i can do fix it? tnx

Hi OCK,

First of all, thanks very much for your great work.

I have tried almost every ROM on this forum ... and your ROM's

stand right on top of my list.

Currently I am using your GTX ROM ... very nice indeed. Though

I have 3 questions ... if you can help me.

1) I want to remove "Tap to update weather" from the Home screen

2) Is there any way, by which we can show "Missed Calls" section in middle

of home screen. May be in place of "Tap to update Weather" ?

3) Is there any way... by which we can remove the Grey strip background on

sections like "messages" , "mail", "people", "programs" , "action screen", " Photos & Videos" , "Weather", "Settings".

Any help is appreciated.

Good Day

Bob

1) Posted a htchomesettingsxml file a pg or two back, just copy it to \Windows

2) That's only possible in M2Dv1, or you can try using Iconsoft Phone Extension

3) Attached a blank png you can copy to \Windows

Hi Ock,

Your GTX rom is awesome, but could you make a GTX like lockscreen?

Got some other stuff to do, maybe you can try DJ Pete's version? (Post 45)

Hi OCK,

I tried to look for "\windows" to put the file HTCHomeSettings.xml

But for some unknown reasons... I can't find the folder.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Bob

It should be under My Device, the file itself may be hidden but you can just copy to the folder.

hi ock..i've been wondering..if you can put chinese font, can you put arabic font too?please? :(

I'm using the Chinese font myself so I've kept it in, you should be able to copy the Arabic font of your choice to \Windows and it should work after a soft reset.

hi guys can you help me how to create an email account on the GTX version of ock's wonderful roms? everytime I try to add an account on my email after the last next button it always go back from the start still without my email address

Hmmm... not too sure on this as it's working ok for me :(

Hi,

how r u people, am doing fine !!

Well, have a problem. I am not able to setup wifi connection in my onmia i900 GTX ROM Build 23118. I have ZyXel wifi router, it is active and my omnia i900 is identifying the wifi network but not able to open any internet related application or web pages. I tried but.....:-(

What to do and how to do? Please provide some input, i will be very grateful to you.

Regards

Corefirewire

Have you tried the operator trick listed on my second post?

Hey Ock,

Need your help in setting up weather for rlToday.

Set up my city code in registry for HKCU/sw/ock/weather.

Now whenever i am clicking on hometab weather,nothing happens ?

Am i missing something ?

Thanks.

Are your internet settings ok? The server may be down which may explain this. Which weather code are you using?

Unfortunately that can't work on our Omnias :o

Hi Ock,

i have problem with GTX skin. The reminders have white letters on a white background. (i use 23118 M2D2 Rom)

... sorry for english

CapScr0001.bmp

Install the attached cab.

post-615996-1275104910_thumb.png

GTX_Font_settings.cab

hi!

i''m using build 23551.

sometimes the time zone resets itself.

is there a fix for it?

Soft reseting a few times helps, that's the only solution I know of.

Hi, I'm using ultralite, can you provide the cab for office and messenger? the link in Original Samsung Applications Repository doesn't work anymore. Thanks!

You can try getting WLM directly from MS

I found this link for Office but haven't tested them:

Dear OCK (or anyone), can you tell me what I'm doing wrong and I can't update the M2D Home weather (M2Dv.2)? I'm updating perfectly the weather in the M2D weather tab/screen, I installed the GoogleMaps 4.0 and I found my location easily, I'm tapping the weather icon under the Home clock... and nothing changing.

I think, I saw/read somewhere, about a small tweak (in cab), fixing that small problem.

Can anyone help me on this, please?

(In new M2Dv.2 builds/roms, the "cookers" have fixed that problem - I haven't any weather issue with OCK's M2Dv.2 or "JN G-Carbon M2Dv.2" roms. But, since I decided to flash OCK's UltraLite 23563 and to install MANUALLY everything by myself (M2Dv.2 included), I must install that cab/fix myself, right?)

It may be that the server is down, I've got this problem myself sometimes. Or you can try the cab a few pages back that "copies" the weather info from the weather tab to the home screen.

Hi OCK,Tried your Premium ROM but found the Touch response slow. Decided to try Steff195's ROM but found that My ISP settings under Connections had completely disappeared! Couldn't get the new settings sent by SingTel installed as the error message "System settings have changed" kept appearing each time I received the settings sent by SMS. Would you happen to have the settings for Singtel so I can manually set up my Internet connection? PLEASE HELP!!

Try switching operators under Settings eg. to Starhub then back to Singtel. Usually I don't need to configure the internet settings.

Ock, CONGRATULATIONS on your GTX (23118) rom!!!!

Been using it for a couple of days now and have NO ISSUES whatsoever with it. Great assortment of apps included (I have uninstalled WOW HD immediately :o, connects to wifi really fast and has a very responsive UI - it's one of the fastest winmo roms i have tried.

I am surprised there aren't more happy people in this thread...

Thank you!!! :(

(see my signature for my previous rom)

ps. this is probably my last omnia rom flash, since I'll be moving to android very soon now...

Seems many are moving to Android now... anyway enjoy your new device and thanks for the support.

Btw... I installed by myself the M2Dv.2 and contains the "Action" tab. How can I PLACE there my own favorite apps? Can you give me a hand, please?

All the settings are under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Operator

you can customise the links plus their shorcuts in there.

I noticed that when trying to change the amount of rows & columns on the launcher-screen, you'll encounter a problem with the launch-buttons being too close to eachother leaving no space for the text of the name of the program. Is there any fix for this? Because it's a real eyesore to see a part of the programs name beneath the other launch-buttons.

18 is the max and is the no. I choose in my roms, these settings are found under htchomesettings.xml, just requires some tweaking.

This GTX Theme is Amasing!! Thanks OCK!

One question: How can i modify the color of the text of the M2D to black? I've put another wallpaper and the color ir white. Any possibility?

Thnaks!

Certain colours can be changes using M2DC, but some can't be changed.

Hi, Ock! Some times ago somebody say that after installing russian EzInput needs hard reset. I attached this cab. please, look it. You rom's fans from far cold Russia need you help!)) :(

Russian t9 is included in my Premium roms, you may want to give it a try instead. Somehow if one installs touchinput via cab, the t9 language switcher doesn't work

Best Regards

Swedish T9 is not included :o It will overwrite all your settings, emails, messages, calllogs etc so it's a good idea to back them up.

Hi Ock!

Using you're premium 23563 rom, are the cabs Andrew mention above cooked in the premium 23563?

Andrew, if I install the cabs how do i remove them if I'm no satisfied with the result?

Best regards

They are included in my roms :( If you install them, you should be able to uninstall them under remove programs.

Hi OCk,

Are you intend to make a B7300 like ROM?

cheers

This may be my next project after the GTX rom but I'll see if it's working ok :o

How Do i disable vibration when typing

Delete siplisterner.lnk from \Windows\Startup and soft reset. You may need to enable the option to view system/hidden files first.

Edited by ock

Guest ameizeing

Hi OCK

Thinking of trying your M2Dv2 instead of Premium to see if touch response would be better. Before I do that, need to know if I can replace Omnia Lite Calendar with ThumbCal? Tried Ryrzy's M2D ROM & hitting Calendar on Homescreen kept bringing me to Touch Calendar even though I'd made Thumbcal my default calendar, that's why I gave up on that ROM.

BTW, I managed to find SingTel's GPRS settings after long search & set up my new connection manually, so that problem's been solved :(