OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Guest amb123
Hi OCk.

I found a little bug in your ROM lately.

I can't add a program in exeptional EXEs List in S2U2 Settings in Advanced --> Exeptional EXEs List

I use your GTX ROM..

are there any workaround to add a program in that Exeptional List??

I want to add Garmin in that list.

thanks OCK your ROM is the best ever.. hahahaha

There is the way to do it modifying registry setting. I believe it is: HKLM/security/A_C s2u2/Executable files. There, you can manually add any program you like. Wait 20 sec... soft reset and you are good to go.

However, I don't think you need to do it because GPS software (garmin, tom tom, destinator etc) usually prevent your phone from going to stand by on their own.

Guest Mig-L - Bell

First of all... Congratulations OCK for your great ROM's I'm using the GTX Build 23118, and it's really great... No problems so far...

Just one thing when the device goes to sleep with the WiFi on it freezes and I can't turn it back on... Or it's always turning the device on... Anyone got a fix for this...?

Thanks and keep up the great work... :(

Edited by Mig-L - Bell

Guest sis651

I really like OCK's ROMs. I had the same issue with another ROM from March, that is when device goes to sleep with Wi-Fi off, the device freezes. But I switched it not to go into sleep mode than it is fine.

My problem ise in these ROMs, CPU runs in 420 MHz, or 624 MHz. However, CPU is scalable down to 104 MHz, and runs in 208 MHz with original ROMs, maybe even 104 MHz, but with one of the ROMs it was 208.

Is there a way to enable the processor to be able to run in 208 MHz like original ROMs? There is about 200 mW power consumption difference. In fact it is maybe less then 50 mW during it is idle but it would be better to be able to run the CPU in 208 MHz while playing music etc.

Also there is no testmode.exe in these ROMs. I copied it from another rom into the Win folder but it didn't displayed the system properties and other data...

Also Showcase is very slow in responding, and also for example in fullscreen apps with high CPU usage it never comes to screen when I press the side button. It should be changed, I think.

Edited by sis651

Guest X-pro
I really like OCK's ROMs. I had the same issue with another ROM from March, that is when device goes to sleep with Wi-Fi off, the device freezes. But I switched it not to go into sleep mode than it is fine.

My problem ise in these ROMs, CPU runs in 420 MHz, or 624 MHz. However, CPU is scalable down to 104 MHz, and runs in 208 MHz with original ROMs, maybe even 104 MHz, but with one of the ROMs it was 208.

Is there a way to enable the processor to be able to run in 208 MHz like original ROMs? There is about 200 mW power consumption difference. In fact it is maybe less then 50 mW during it is idle but it would be better to be able to run the CPU in 208 MHz while playing music etc.

Also there is no testmode.exe in these ROMs. I copied it from another rom into the Win folder but it didn't displayed the system properties and other data...

interesting question.

Guest Daniel Gava
hello, i have a little problem with the latest premium rom in m2d when i select music tab windows media player starts with an error and i want to use nitrogen as default player

You have to install the "HTC_Audio_Manager". Take a look at the second post in this topic. Here's the link

Guest Daniel Gava

Might we talk a little about phone part? OCK, I'd like to know what phone part is recommended by you. And by other users too. I'm using LJIIA1. works just fine in everything, but my battery don't last from one day. It lasts about 14 hours without charging (making some phone calls, checking mail hourly, navigating on opera, etc.).

If some one have a suggestion of phone part that is better (good signal, GPS ok, 3G ok, WiFi ok, better battery life) then I suggest You put your review here.

A perfect ROM claims a perfect Phone part...

Guest X-pro
Might we talk a little about phone part? OCK, I'd like to know what phone part is recommended by you. And by other users too. I'm using LJIIA1. works just fine in everything, but my battery don't last from one day. It lasts about 14 hours without charging (making some phone calls, checking mail hourly, navigating on opera, etc.).

If some one have a suggestion of phone part that is better (good signal, GPS ok, 3G ok, WiFi ok, better battery life) then I suggest You put your review here.

there is a thread for this http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...-at-the-moment/

Personally I prefer xbic which has the lowest power consumption, but it's only for countries where reception is good. Dxif uses a bit more power but has better signal strength. If the reception is really bad, puja seems to have the best signal strength but it uses a lot of power. The only way to know which phonepart is best for you is by testing. I would say that is the three best choices a the moment. There can however be other things that may have an influence on ones choice of phonepart. Ex. krasy radd recommends zhie for his rom's for better stability with m2d v2

Guest melburnian
there is a thread for this http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...-at-the-moment/

Personally I prefer xbic which has the lowest power consumption, but it's only for countries where reception is good. Dxif uses a bit more power but has better signal strength. If the reception is really bad, puja seems to have the best signal strength but it uses a lot of power. The only way to know which phonepart is best for you is by testing. I would say that is the three best choices a the moment. There can however be other things that may have an influence on ones choice of phonepart. Ex. krasy radd recommends zhie for his rom's for better stability with m2d v2

Xpro,

That is one of the most honest answer I have heard about phone parts. There are so many "discussions" about phone parts but what you said here made a lot of sense.

Guest X-pro
Xpro,

That is one of the most honest answer I have heard about phone parts. There are so many "discussions" about phone parts but what you said here made a lot of sense.

Trying my best to be honest and neutral :(

Guest King0Darkness

Hi ALL

OCK I love your titanium Classic Rom its super

I only had one issue driving me nuts which is the blue tooth gateway service

I could hear the static in the headset but not the audio if I press the headset button it brings the dialer instead of voice command

I searched alot and tried soo many options no luck

if anyone got this working please share your solution

Thanks in Advanced to all

Special thanks for OCK for such a greate clean rom

Guest Toldo

I flashed the GTX edition, eveything's perfect but as I said earlier that I can't update the weather on the homescreen, here in GTX the weather on homescreen only updates by wifi. It doesn't work by gprs connection. It's weird because the weather tab works without any problems, either it is a wifi connection or gprs connection or either by cable through Active Sync. Any ideas?

Guest andrew.mazlim

To me, that UltraLite 23563 build from OCK is the best rom I was searching for; so, I'll not search anymore for another new one.

Btw, OCK, this rom's battery life is... unbelievable! Of course, combined with DXIF1 radio. I'm using the phone normaly for 2 days and battery icons says... "80%"!!!!!

(And as I wrote, I'm using M2Dv2 as UI, S2U2, both of them very battery drainers - and several other apps, of course.)

Guest X-pro
I flashed the GTX edition, eveything's perfect but as I said earlier that I can't update the weather on the homescreen, here in GTX the weather on homescreen only updates by wifi. It doesn't work by gprs connection. It's weird because the weather tab works without any problems, either it is a wifi connection or gprs connection or either by cable through Active Sync. Any ideas?

did you try operator change for 30 sek and then back again ? If you did you can try this

Manila_Home_v2_Weather_Updater__with_MortScript.cab

Guest lieuliau

I used Internet Sharing to share 3G with my laptop, but about 10mins ,15mins, it auto disconnect. Is this because of my 3G or my ROM? Thank you!

Guest Toldo
did you try operator change for 30 sek and then back again ? If you did you can try this

Nah, I didn't. Will check it out and I hope it will work as this fix is known to drain battery a little because of Mortscript. Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Apart of everything, the 3g connection works for mail or web but it doesn't update the weather.

Edited by Toldo

Guest lgv91

Also Showcase is very slow in responding, and also for example in fullscreen apps with high CPU usage it never comes to screen when I press the side button. It should be changed, I think.

+1

Guest Daniel Gava

It happened to me also. I figured out that the APN (Access Point Name) on connection settings was wrong. It was possible to get connected (was an old APN from the operator - "tim.br" instead of the new one: "timbrasil.br"), but couldn't triangulate-me. Happens that the home screen's weather isn't configurable, it uses the GPRS connection to triangulate your approximate position and than it gives you the weather from this region. (this is the same process that Google Maps uses to locate you when you don't have GPS)

Differently, the Weather tab's region is customizable. You can choose the cities that you want.

I suggest that you enter in contact with your operator to get the correct parameters for the connections configurations.

You also have to check, in the Configurations Tab, if the Location service is activated. If not, turn it ON, and check the "HTC location service" box. Let the "Automatically decline location service..." box in blank. Then try again.

If this don't resolve your problem, then you gonna have to "appeal to Cesar" (OCK) rsrsrs...

Português do Brasil:

Isso aconteceu comigo também. Eu descobri que o APN (Access Point Name) nas configurações de conexão estava errado. Era possível se conectar (era um velho APN da operadora TIM - "tim.br" em vez do novo: "timbrasil.br"), mas não podia fazer a triangulação. Acontece que o tempo na tela inicial não é configurável. Ele usa a conexão GPRS para triangular a sua posição aproximada e lhe dá o clima desta região. (Este processo é o mesmo usado pelo Google Maps para localizá-lo quando você não tem GPS)

Diferentemente, a região de guia Tempo é personalizável. Você pode escolher as cidades que você desejar.

Eu sugiro que você entre em contato com sua operadora para obter os parâmetros corretos para as configurações de conexões.

Você também tem que verificar, na aba configurações, se o serviço de localização (location service) está ativado. Se não, ligue-o e marque a caixa de verificação do "HTC location service". Deixe a caixa de verificação de "Automatically decline location service..." em branco. Então tente novamente.

Se isso não resolver o problema, então você vai ter que "apelar para César" (OCK) rsrsrs ...

Guest X-pro
It happened to me also. I figured out that the APN (Access Point Name) on connection settings was wrong. It was possible to get connected (was an old APN from the operator - "tim.br" instead of the new one: "timbrasil.br"), but couldn't triangulate-me. Happens that the home screen's weather isn't configurable, it uses the GPRS connection to triangulate your approximate position and than it gives you the weather from this region. (this is the same process that Google Maps uses to locate you when you don't have GPS)

Differently, the Weather tab's region is customizable. You can choose the cities that you want.

I suggest that you enter in contact with your operator to get the correct parameters for the connections configurations.

You also have to check, in the Configurations Tab, if the Location service is activated. If not, turn it ON, and check the "HTC location service" box. Let the "Automatically decline location service..." box in blank. Then try again.

If this don't resolve your problem, then you gonna have to "appeal to Cesar" (OCK) rsrsrs...

Português do Brasil:

Isso aconteceu comigo também. Eu descobri que o APN (Access Point Name) nas configurações de conexão estava errado. Era possível se conectar (era um velho APN da operadora TIM - "tim.br" em vez do novo: "timbrasil.br"), mas não podia fazer a triangulação. Acontece que o tempo na tela inicial não é configurável. Ele usa a conexão GPRS para triangular a sua posição aproximada e lhe dá o clima desta região. (Este processo é o mesmo usado pelo Google Maps para localizá-lo quando você não tem GPS)

Diferentemente, a região de guia Tempo é personalizável. Você pode escolher as cidades que você desejar.

Eu sugiro que você entre em contato com sua operadora para obter os parâmetros corretos para as configurações de conexões.

Você também tem que verificar, na aba configurações, se o serviço de localização (location service) está ativado. Se não, ligue-o e marque a caixa de verificação do "HTC location service". Deixe a caixa de verificação de "Automatically decline location service..." em branco. Então tente novamente.

Se isso não resolver o problema, então você vai ter que "apelar para César" (OCK) rsrsrs ...

Aut Caesar, aut nihil :(

Guest Daniel Gava
I used Internet Sharing to share 3G with my laptop, but about 10mins ,15mins, it auto disconnect. Is this because of my 3G or my ROM? Thank you!

Happens to me too. On every Rom, not only OCK's. Think its a WinMo issue. Don't know if there is a solution... Seems to me that it's some how related with ActiveSync activities... But I'm not sure of this.

Português do Brasil:

Acontece comigo também. Em todas as ROMs, não só nas do OCK. Creio que é um problema do Windows Mobile. Não sei se há uma solução. Para mim parece estar de alguma forma relacionado com as atividades do ActiveSync. Mas eu não estou 100% certo disso...

Something just occurred to me: Maybe the "connection timeout" in "dial up enabler/disabler" (under "Tools" icon) does make the connection fall... I always used, before OCK Roms, the "GPRS_5_minute_auto_disconnect" cab. Maybe those configurations don't detect the shared connection as an active connection?? Don't know... just an idea.

Acaba de me ocorrer algo: Talvez a configuração de "tempo limite de conexão" (connection timeout) no "habilitador/desabilitador de conexões" (dial up enabler/disabler) no ícone "Ferramentas" (Tools) do OCK é que faça as conexões caírem. Eu sempre utilizei, nas Roms anteriores às do OCK, um cab chamado "Auto desconecte GPRS após 5 minutos". Talvez estas configurações não detectem a conexão compartilhada como uma conexão ativa?? Não sei... é só uma idéia.

Edited by Daniel Gava

Guest corpisa

Just be careful about putting an european phone part or you will loose your 3G connections, assuming you live in Brazil off course. I think you have the latest one for i900L phones.

I used to get the same battery performance on my omnia too...

slds,

Guest jmsmartins
Just be careful about putting an european phone part or you will loose your 3G connections, assuming you live in Brazil off course. I think you have the latest one for i900L phones.

I used to get the same battery performance on my omnia too...

slds,

corpisa please clear your inbox, can't send message to you :(