OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Guest melburnian
I cooked some roms based on yonn's kitchen. 21908 works fine with BT. I haven't tested 25018 or 21057. The driver is attached (I hope he doesn't mind). I wasn't sure which one was it so the archive contains every driver starting with "bt"

I cooked only bluetooth (recmoded) and bth_a2dp (non-recmoded)

Ah about disable rotation... very smart. That's why it wouldn't work on other roms. Thanks for the info and link :angry:

@ock

This is an interesting one. I use BT in my car on ROM 23563 and it seem to work without a problem.

Edited by melburnian

Guest ameizeing

Hi OCK,

Remember reading somewhere that white backgrounds require pixels to be lit, which means battery drain faster. Not sure if that's true as I've not used any white backgrounds before. Have you compared your 23118 GTX version against 23118 Premium version to see which has better battery life?

Guest Alien-Tech
Hi OCK,

Remember reading somewhere that white backgrounds require pixels to be lit, which means battery drain faster. Not sure if that's true as I've not used any white backgrounds before. Have you compared your 23118 GTX version against 23118 Premium version to see which has better battery life?

That's not a myth. Pixel black against pixel white is like a light switched off or on, so while having your PDA working on very light environment LCD part consumes much more energy than other way. Anyway it's still a still picture on LCD display so it's power consumption is minimalistic against other energy drainers like processors which are fully loaded while displaying quality motion pictures..... so underline, you don't have to worry about GTX's power consumption against pure black would be much noticable.

Guest barbs666
QUOTE(barbs666 @ Jul 17 2010, 16:11) *

Love the new 23569 rom,

the xml is a little hard to customize (if someone could develop an app for this it would be awesome!).

Battery life is great.... not sure if that is due to the XML interface or not?

error: the agenda page was showing events that were months ago.... and those events even though were on the agenda page didnt show on the main screen.

Cant wait to see updates to this 23569 rom.

Thanks again Ock

edit:

PS - I changed the XML as per post 4188 (or there abouts) that removed the windows/music short cut and have the customisable short cuts there, but it would be great to add another 4 more to the screen! :-)

Ock:

Does the agenda tab refresh itself when you switch to it?

yeah, what happened is somehow the date reset itself so the adgenda page was showing the events for that time period.

And Yes the page was refreshing when u viewed it.

On that occasion what was on the agenda page was not showing on the home page.

Also, I have installed the all in one M2d V2 cab found on here somewhere. Batt life in general on this rom is not to bad.

Wondering Ock if you have an all in one M2d V2 cab as i know from ur last builds that it will have no issues (and I liked the theme :-) )

Thanks again Ock

Edited by barbs666

Guest acrocosm
That's not a myth. Pixel black against pixel white is like a light switched off or on, so while having your PDA working on very light environment LCD part consumes much more energy than other way. Anyway it's still a still picture on LCD display so it's power consumption is minimalistic against other energy drainers like processors which are fully loaded while displaying quality motion pictures..... so underline, you don't have to worry about GTX's power consumption against pure black would be much noticable.

It depends on screen type and since you are talking about omnia that have lcd display YOU ARE WRONG! It actually consumes MORE POWER.

For oled however it's a valid statement. The only way to save battery on lcd is to dim it as low as possible.

Edited by acrocosm

Guest Adaho0
It depends on screen type and since you are talking about omnia that have lcd display YOU ARE WRONG! It actually consumes MORE POWER.

Becouse of ROM, not theme!!

In LCD display you have constant backlight and pixels are liquid crystals wich are transparent or not. If you tick voltage on one crystal (pixel), it makes no transparent (black).

So.. black themes consumes (in theory) more power. Physics is not magic.

Guest melburnian
yeah, what happened is somehow the date reset itself so the adgenda page was showing the events for that time period.

And Yes the page was refreshing when u viewed it.

On that occasion what was on the agenda page was not showing on the home page.

Also, I have installed the all in one M2d V2 cab found on here somewhere. Batt life in general on this rom is not to bad.

Wondering Ock if you have an all in one M2d V2 cab as i know from ur last builds that it will have no issues (and I liked the theme :-) )

Thanks again Ock

Hi Barbs666

Glad the posting I suggested worked for you.

I glad with you that the battery life isn't too bad and the feel of the rom is good. Currently I am using Ock 23563 and even that rom seems to have a decent battery life.

As for the calendar, the source of the calendar on the front page and the agenda is different that is why sometimes the events appear on the front page and not in the agenda. I had a look into the apptx application but couldn't seem to find a solution to the answer.

Guest melburnian
Hi Barbs666

I glad with you that the battery life isn't too bad and the feel of the rom is good. Currently I am using Ock 23563 and even that rom seems to have a decent battery life.

As for the calendar, the source of the calendar on the front page and the agenda is different that is why sometimes the events appear on the front page and not in the agenda. I had a look into the apptx application but couldn't seem to find a solution to the answer.

EDIT: Sorry double posting

Edited by melburnian

Guest bbdoc

Hello,

I'm new to this ROM but it looks great...

Quick question: Is there any way to disable the automatic number formatting on the dialer (it keeps adding "-" to my numbers which are not relevant at all in my country!).

Thanks

Guest barbs666
Hi Barbs666

ok thanks mate, good to know :-) I am enjoying this rom

Guest Korai

Dear OCK and the other forum members.

Could anyone tell me how to uninstall the Adobe reader LE from the Alpha UI ROM?

Thanks!

P.S.: Sorry for my mistakes :angry:

Guest melburnian
Hello,

I'm new to this ROM but it looks great...

Quick question: Is there any way to disable the automatic number formatting on the dialer (it keeps adding "-" to my numbers which are not relevant at all in my country!).

Thanks

Have a look at your "regional settings" in the start >> settings >> System

Under the "Region" tab, make sure it has the right setting for you.

Guest X-pro
Dear OCK and the other forum members.

Could anyone tell me how to uninstall the Adobe reader LE from the Alpha UI ROM?

Thanks!

P.S.: Sorry for my mistakes :(

if ock cooked it in, you can't uninstall it. You can probably remove the files with resco explorer if you want to save space.

Guest Korai
if ock cooked it in, you can't uninstall it. You can probably remove the files with resco explorer if you want to save space.

I see. Thanks your answer, I gona do that :(

Guest Korai
I see. Thanks your answer, I gona do that :(

I had tried to delete the adobeReaderLE from windows/ with resco explorer but it's read-only and I coldn't change the properity for it....

Somebody help me pls :(

I know it's only 1 MB but I don't want it, becouse the fixit reader is much better (it's working with the newest security settings of adobe)

Guest Muneer
Thanks for the tips, I did in fact use version ZHID3 of i908's eboot, plus the nk.exe. Looks like I may have to remove the fix temporary from my next releases. Maybe I'll write to Khuanchai to see if he can provide any advice on this.

The wakeup button bug should be fixed in the next version. More todos for the next release:

1. Tweak startup sounds and screens

2. Start Menu Landscape fix

3. Showcase tweaks

4. Move VoiceCommand to start menu (+2MB free ram for those not using it)

Zzzzz... for now... see u all tmr.

thanks

Guest bmw992009

hi OCK,on the GTX 23118 ROM i cant made video call.i have change to the 3g mode on the band selection,but the function "video call" its grey...i cant do nothing.

something to fix that thing? thx a lot

Guest chirameto

Hi,

I have just installed alphaUI rom and it's great!!

However, I have one little problem.

How do I change the "camera" shortcut in the front into something else?

Actually the "camera" is good, but after I installed keyboard software of my language, the short cut changed into "Main Menu".

Everytime i tap on this "Main Menu shortcut, the error appears "Error openning the shortcut or locating the target file name."

How do I change this "Main Menu" into original "camenra" or any other appllication?

Anyway thanks for a great rom.