OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Problems:

1- In the Communication Manager, when I switch wifi on, if I click on the Avanced softkey it does nothing

2- I have faced the infamous wifi sleep bug (if I have wifi switched on and the phone goes in sleep mode, I am not able to wake it up if I choose to keep wifi on during sleep mode (in power settings)). It happens 100% of the times I try and the only way I have to wake it up is to soft reset. I even tried to call my phone when it freezes this way and it wont ring, nor wake up.

Questions:

3- (question) Why you did not use s2u2 anymore?

4- (question) Is Smartlock cooked in? If so how can I access it?

5- (question) Can I install s2u2 by cabs and use it?

6- (question) Is there a way I can make the Phonebook app the default one?

Advices:

5- (advice) Could you please integrate the fixes (cabs posted in this topic, remove audiogaincontrol) in the rom? Just to make it cleaner

6- (advice, just to let you know) My default button assignments are: Torchbutton (Camera), Camera (Camera hold), Total Commander (Main menu), Task Manager (Main menu hold).

1. You're right. BTW what is it supposed to do?

2. I'm trying to reproduce the bug on one of my newer test builds and it seems the prob is gone. Hope it really is.

3. It was to fix the autolock bug, but that wasn't a problem in yhis build, and thus I removed it to save some ram.

4. Nope, you have to install it by cab.

5. Sure

6. Don't quite understand this pt, can explain it in more detail?

5. Will do so in the next release.

6. I may assign the main menu hold btn to something. It's unassigned now.

Here is the question I have.

Is there anyway to assign a hardware key to smartlock? It is not in the list of apps available for assignment. I've also tried to find the .exe for smartlock in windows folder. The idea is to create a link to the start menu and then use it in M2D programs tab, but i don't see any exe. Is there any other workaround available?

Thank you

Nope, unlike S2U2, smartlock seems to use the WM6.5 lock. You can set it to lock on suspend though, pressing the power btn would turn off and lock the device.

Are you on the UL version? Not sure if it's linked to siplistener though I suspect something else..

Not too sure on this, honestly.  :) It seems IE doesn't display some Chinese char also.

I am on Titanium Version.

I tried all the possible method...what u suspect?

I read some where about windows\wince.nls

it was file for regional language setting, u can realise tht in current release, it does not have simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese setting.

This also explain about why IE can't showed Chinese character. It was a common problem in WWE ROm when WM5. but not realize WM6.5 also got such problem.

I was Using DZIA5 official ROM from Singapore before but all working well. possibly Singapore ROM is the only English ROM that have Chinese support included input.

I do tried download wince.nls to apply it follow intruction by forumer but seem like the file not for WM6.5. RESULT: hard reset.......

mayb u can try port the wince.nls from Others version of ROM to fix this problem?

Guest Patrick1963

This is the infamous autokill/autoclose bug, you can read more about it. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a fix for this under WM6.5. I'm trying to see if adjusting pagepool size will alleviate the problem.

Hello Ock,

If "adjusting the pagepool size" will decrease battery time, then... never mind... :-) (i will live with it!)

Thanks for a GREAT rom!

1. You're right. BTW what is it supposed to do?

2. I'm trying to reproduce the bug on one of my newer test builds and it seems the prob is gone. Hope it really is.

3. It was to fix the autolock bug, but that wasn't a problem in yhis build, and thus I removed it to save some ram.

4. Nope, you have to install it by cab.

5. Sure

6. Don't quite understand this pt, can explain it in more detail?

5. Will do so in the next release.

6. I may assign the main menu hold btn to something. It's unassigned now.

1. It let you configure a connection to a hidden network, for example. I have to use the default client. Not a big issue though.

2. I am using your latest M2D build (23518) and this issue is still present

6. I see two apps to manage contacts: Contacts (default), Phonebook (nicer but not default).

Thanks!

notice something: OFFICE Mobile 2010, the ison is still 2007 icon.

but inside the true start menu folder view by total commander, it showed 2010 icon.

i think was due to those windows\start_icon_office.png .... that was not changed.

UPDATED: read OCK reply below~~ :)

Edited by fense

Guest dollar99

Hi Ock, this is only to tell u that ur rom rocks ;)

i don't know if my phone is playing with me but there r no complaints at all. ;)

My friends here have so many list of issues but none for me. :)

Not even the connection problem nor date problem, every thing works just fine without installing your teak cabs except sound tester. B)

Hi Ock, this is only to tell u that ur rom rocks ;)

i don't know if my phone is playing with me but there r no complaints at all. ;)

My friends here have so many list of issues but none for me. :)

Not even the connection problem nor date problem, every thing works just fine without installing your teak cabs except sound tester. B)

+1 and changing dialer skin mess the navigate icon.

Can't see Connections in Network Connections screen.

White screen but this connections automaticaly configured and i can't see and change this configuration.

What can i do?

Guest scipione88

Hiiiii oks..

I'm a italian user of your fantastic rom!

There's a bug, if i record the video with the manila interface activated, when i try to see that i receive the error : invalid file!

If i deactivate the manila interface, the video is great and everithing work fine!

What you can suggest me?

Anyway your rom is the best! stable and light.

I read some where about windows\wince.nls

it was file for regional language setting, u can realise tht in current release, it does not have simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese setting.

This also explain about why IE can't showed Chinese character. It was a common problem in WWE ROm when WM5. but not realize WM6.5 also got such problem.

I was Using DZIA5 official ROM from Singapore before but all working well. possibly Singapore ROM is the only English ROM that have Chinese support included input.

I'm rebuilding my kitchen based on DZIA firmware. Hope it fixes your problem.

This is the infamous autokill/autoclose bug, you can  read more about it. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a fix for this under WM6.5. I'm trying to see if adjusting pagepool size will alleviate the problem.

Hello Ock,

If "adjusting the pagepool size" will decrease battery time, then... never mind... :-) (i will live with it!)

Thanks for a GREAT rom!

Nope, it won't decrease battery life. However, the amt of free memory will  be decreased. I'll increase the pagepool as the autoclose bug means we can't use all the free ram anyway.

Nope, it doesn't.

Looks like a missing/corrupted png. I'll check this in my next release. Anyone facing the same problem with the missing "back" icon in start menu after enabling dialer skin?

notice something: OFFICE Mobile 2010, the ison is still 2007 icon.

but inside the true start menu folder view by total commander, it showed 2010 icon.

i think was due to those windows\start_icon_office.png .... that was not cahnged.

just a tiny thing, maybe can change it in next release. hehe

Actually, I changed it to the old ones because I prefer the older icons  B)

Can't see Connections in Network Connections screen.

White screen but this connections automaticaly configured and i can't see and change this configuration.

What can i do?

This has been reported. Trying to fix it.

Can you make the next M2D ROM with the working Calender tab? ;)

Fantastic ROMs by the way, lovin' them all!

I will most likely include it as a cab.  :)

Hiiiii oks..

I'm a italian user of your fantastic rom!

There's a bug, if i record the video with the manila interface activated, when i try to see that i receive the error : invalid file!

If i deactivate the manila interface, the video is great and everithing work fine!

What you can suggest me?

Anyway your rom is the best! stable and light.

Are you recording a long video? Someone also has the same problem. I'm trying to figure it out.

hey man you're classic titanium rom is amazing but there is no keyboard!!! do you have the link to the black samsung keyboard?

You can try the Black Samsung Keybd

OCK thx for gr8 rom agn, using ur titanium for 4 days now without any issues except the samsung dialer skin. if i change it then i get a second start menu icon. i don't know if its only me. any clue?

EDIT:: 2nd picture shows the incident after i changed back to normal dial pad. 

Nope, it doesn't.

+1 and changing dialer skin mess the navigate icon.

Dear OCK, the problem solved. it was my mistake. i was suppose to wait 30 sec or so before restarting omnia after changing the dialer skin using fav hacking which i didn't. i reset almost immediately which caused the prob above. anyway mate thx for ur reply and sorry for the false alarm. hey can't wait for ur next release. r u going to release same build or u'll wait for a newer build? I guess u r busier than before na? take care god bless.

Hello Ock,

Been using your 23518 rom but have an issue. I tried to install a theme called Livven SimpleGloss theme(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=578468) but have a missing button in the messaging window. I have reported this also on the XDA dev.

Not sure if it related to your ROM though.

I have included screenshot.. I hope you can advise.

Thanks

post-591757-1263389394_thumb.jpg

I'm rebuilding my kitchen based on DZIA firmware. Hope it fixes your problem.

Actually, I changed it to the old ones because I prefer the older icons  :)

okie, thanks a lot, hope it will work on nest release.

Ooops.. sorry for that. thanks for ur hard work any way.

I will remove the file later. hehe

Guest scipione88

The bug of the long video is fixed when i connect my omnia to a power supply! When i disconnect the first video works fine, when i register a long video come the bug.

But when the omnia is plugged with the pc usb cable or the power supply works fine.!

Maybe there is a problem with the energy saver driver... i think.. i am a newbie.. not at your level.

ock, what do you think about that?

Colored Chat Bubbles to Text Messages

I have installed this .cab SMS_Bubbles_6.5.3.cab and everything work fine, and what most important - look great!!!

Do you think, it is a bad idea to include it in your next Titanum ROM ? (I still hope, you will make this ROM-version :) )

Edited by pafel9

Hi OCK,

I am using m2d the latest. There is one thing, in my opinion, that can be implemented to make your ROMs even more esthetically appealing. I like the colored "start" button you use in your last ROM but the taskbar still needs some work. I tried to install the latest lisbian taskbar for WM6.5.x, it partially works; however, it does not suit well with the overall theme of M2D. I personally like the dusk evolution taskbar, I think it's going to fit perfectly. I tried to install it too. It does not work at all. Do you think it is going to be possible to put it in your next builds?

Also, I have a question about m2dc. It seems that change of fonts and colors does not work for all tabs in m2d. From what I can see,the scrolling tab text, the generic tab title, the whether and audio player tabs are editable, so to say. Location tab is editable partially, and all other tabs are not affected at all.

Thank you

Guest thecuriousone

Hi Ock, I just want to say thank you for your great work!

I've installed ock Titanium build 23518. I'm running it for 2 days now without any problems.

This is my first custom rom, I was hesitant at first but now I'm sorry I haven't gone custom much sooner :)

Dear OCK, the problem solved. it was my mistake. i was suppose to wait 30 sec or so before restarting omnia after changing the dialer skin using fav hacking which i didn't. i reset almost immediately which caused the prob above. anyway mate thx for ur reply and sorry for the false alarm. hey can't wait for ur next release. r u going to release same build or u'll wait for a newer build? I guess u r busier than before na? take care god bless.
OCK, will you cook 218xx, old UI COM 2?

Glad to hear that, Rebels. I may release 21889 UL :) .

Hello Ock, Been using your 23518 rom but have an issue. I tried to install a theme called Livven SimpleGloss theme(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=578468) but have a missing button in the messaging window. I have reported this also on the XDA dev. Not sure if it related to your ROM though.

Looks like a missing icon, I believe there's a missing registry entry or png in the theme. Haven't got the time to look at the cab though.

oops.. sorry for that. thanks for ur hard work any way.

I will remove the file later. hehe

No need to remove the icon theme  :) . Maybe I'll get some new icons for the Office apps.

hey ock, your rom is great, but is there a way to get the original windows mobile calendar back?

I'll include the original exe in the next release. It's hidden somewhere but I can't create a shortcut to launch it.

The bug of the long video is fixed when i connect my omnia to a power supply! When i disconnect the first video works fine, when i register a long video come the bug. But when the omnia is plugged with the pc usb cable or the power supply works fine.! 

Just tested on a newer build I'm testing out and the problem seems to be gone. Hope the next release fixes it.

ock, what do you think about that?

Colored Chat Bubbles to Text Messages

I have installed this .cab SMS_Bubbles_6.5.3.cab  and everything work fine, and what most important - look great!!! Do you think, it is a bad idea to include it in your next Titanum ROM ? (I still hope, you will make this ROM-version  :) )

I feel yxyn has done a marvelous job in this. Will include it in my next rom. Question is, I'm not sure which you guys feel is the best. I personally prefer the more subtle one without the speech bubbles.

Hi OCK, I am using m2d the latest. There is one thing, in my opinion, that can be implemented to make your ROMs even more esthetically appealing. I like the colored "start" button you use in your last ROM but the taskbar still needs some work. I tried to install the latest lisbian taskbar for WM6.5.x, it partially works; however, it does not suit well with the overall theme of M2D. I personally like the dusk evolution taskbar, I think it's going to fit perfectly. I tried to install it too. It does not work at all. Do you think it is going to be possible to put it in your next builds?

Also, I have a question about m2dc. It seems that change of fonts and colors does not work for all tabs in m2d. From what I can see,the scrolling tab text, the generic tab title, the whether and audio player tabs are editable, so to say. Location tab is editable partially, and all other tabs are not affected at all.

I'll take a look at the dusk taskbar skin. I prefer white icons though. As for M2DC, I believe certain versions of M2D may not be fully editable using M2DC.

Hi Ock, I just want to say thank you for your great work!

I've installed ock Titanium build 23518. I'm running it for 2 days now without any problems.

This is my first custom rom, I was hesitant at first but now I'm sorry I haven't gone custom much sooner :)

Good to hear that and welcome to the Modaco community! I shared your feelings when I first updated to a custom rom.

Build 21889 UltraLite beta

15 Jan 2010

218xx builds, while not as finger-friendly, have much better responsiveness compared to other branches. Thus I thought UL users would like to try out his build. Don't plan to make M2D for this build though.

Managed to fix some bugs with the BTAR files, so I've added them back in for this build. Soundtester doesn't work with BTAR fix, so use the included AudioGainControl in the tools folder instead if you need to fine-tune the volume.

I've also fixed some compatibility issues with 3rd-party applications such as PlumSIP and S2U2 in this release.

Changelog:

- BTAR fix back in. Lock on wakeup now works properly without using Chobit Smartlock.

- FIXED: Adding exceptions to S2U2 works properly, tested with v2.24 (note: S2U2 is not included)

- FIXED: PlumSIP should work properly (note: not included)

- ADDED: SMS skin by yxyn

- ADDED: Option to manually install Cab files during autorun (Put them into SD subfolder in XDA_UC folder). Tks to Kampos for the suggestion.

- ADDED: m.carroll's Pureblack2 theme

- ADDED: Option to customise startup/ shutdown sounds (Put Poweroff.wav and Poweron.wav into your XDA_UC folder)

- CHANGED: Increased pagepool to 8MB

Download: Mediafire (54.9MB) (v2, fixed crash when autorotate is on)

Free Storage: 164 MB

Free Memory: 63 MB

UltrraLite_21889_1.PngUltrraLite_21889_2.PngUltrraLite_21889_4.Png

Enjoy!

Edited by ock