OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

I feel yxyn has done a marvelous job in this. Will include it in my next rom. Question is, I'm not sure which you guys feel is the best. I personally prefer the more subtle one without the speech bubbles.

I dun't prefer the speech bubbles also, becasue if a long sms chat it will very hard to scroll...

waiting for ur release of Titanium version. :)

ock,

Very good ROM UL indeed

Are the two download links the same, you posted one in the first page and another one in the last page? I took the first one

Do you have the cab for smaller icons?

Why ADC doesn't work in your ROM. I get and error message every time I restart the Omnia

(File can't be open because is not signed with trusted certificate)

I can't unzip some cabs in file explorer. I had to install Resco. Any idea?

Thanks

Edited by cga

Guest ahcor1991

Awesome ROMs!!!

My favourite!

Will you put calendar tab on m2d?

I can't put it myself because flash is not working :)

Edited by ahcor1991

Guest tingchung_chin

i had the latest Builds 21889 (UL only) in my Omnia, after 3 hours use, it's stable, no problem.

Smooth, responsive and speed, all doing great, but i still think the last 23518 normal ROM is much more faster compare to this lite ROM, and SK Tools gave me 300++ score for 23518, but with 21889, SK Tools clock only at 258++, i try 2 flash hard reset and direct use SK Tools to test, only slight 7points above stock ROM, i cant really understand :)

Guest rodrigo.cbg

hi there! I have one problem with the latest m2d: XDA_UC doesn't run the cabs that I've instaled in the folder SD in the XDA_UC folder and there is no autorun program in the tools... anyone found the same??? please help me!

Edited by rodrigo.cbg

ock, Very good ROM UL indeed Do you have the cab for smaller icons? Why ADC doesn't work in your ROM. I get and error message every time I restart the Omnia (File can't be open because is not signed with trusted certificate) I can't unzip some cabs in file explorer. I had to install Resco. Any idea?

Did you note the error message by ADC? Any filename mentioned? The cab problem seems not to be related to the rom, could be the cab file itself. For small icons, install the attached cab.

Awesome ROMs!!! My favourite! Will you put calendar tab on m2d? 

I can't put it myself because flash is not working  :)

It requires Flash 7 player, FlashLite doesn't work. I may give users the option to install it as a cab.

If Auto orientation is enable phone crashes and I have to softreset and disable it

Noted and uploading fixed version.  :)

i had the latest Builds 21889 (UL only) in my Omnia, after 3 hours use, it's stable, no problem.

Smooth, responsive and speed, all doing great, but i still think the last 23518 normal ROM is much more faster compare to this lite ROM, and SK Tools gave me 300++ score for 23518, but with 21889, SK Tools clock only at 258++, i try 2 flash hard reset and direct use SK Tools to test, only slight 7points above stock ROM, i cant really understand  :)

Uploading a version to fix the autorotation bug, hope it improves the scores. 

hi there! I have one problem with the latest m2d: XDA_UC doesn't run the cabs that I've instaled in the folder SD in the XDA_UC folder and there is no autorun program in the tools... anyone found the same??? please help me!

The SD folder is not supported in my 23518 roms. My next release will include it. 

Can you switch on or off 3G with Comm Mgr.'s? Plz help!!

Try going to settings-personal-phone, than More - Band selection - Get settings. Change the frequency band to automatic to enable 3G.

EDIT: V2 of Build 21889 now up. Fixed bug with autorotation crashing. Should also improve on SKtool scores for benchmarks fanatics :) .

SmallIcons.cab

Edited by ock

Try going to settings-personal-phone, than More - Band selection - Get settings. Change the frequency band to automatic to enable 3G.

Thank you OCK !! But not switching ON/OFF icon 3G in Commanger.!! 

hi!! i've tried the 28205 rom and it's fantastic but i've a problem with theme...if i install a new wqvga theme (.cab installed in my storage) the new theme not works and the default theme too

what can i do? 

thanks for all roms!!!!

Guest Patrick1963

infamous autokill/autoclose bug...

Hallo Ock,

A work-around for the autokill/autoclose bug:

1) I have a button programmed to open "showcase" when i press it.

2) When i open Nitrogen and start playing music i press this button.

3) choose the "Home-icon" at the bottom off the screen (music is still playing)

4) Your back at the home-screen off M2D, start an other app. (speeedreader for instance)

5) I am reading my rss-feeds (with Speeedreader) while still listening to music coming from nitrogen.

ps: i noticed that the lock-mechanism slows down/interrupts the flow off music playing...

Edited by Patrick1963

Guest tingchung_chin

21889 UL v2 is GREAT, score of SK Tools, 299.99 :)!!!

everything works, no crash but Enhanced GPS in ols style, it's okay, i use GFinder to replace it! installed htc task manager to get auto close working :)

thanks my friend!

Edited by tingchung_chin

Did you note the error message by ADC? Any filename mentioned? The cab problem seems not to be related to the rom, could be the cab file itself. For small icons, install the attached cab.

It requires Flash 7 player, FlashLite doesn't work. I may give users the option to install it as a cab.

Noted and uploading fixed version.  :)

Uploading a version to fix the autorotation bug, hope it improves the scores. 

The SD folder is not supported in my 23518 roms. My next release will include it. 

EDIT: V2 of Build 21889 now up. Fixed bug with autorotation crashing. Should also improve on SKtool scores for benchmarks fanatics :) .

Yes there is an error message as I mention before when I restart the phone after I install ADC.

I'm able to use to configure my network but the error message shows every time I restart phone so I uninstalled it after I did the configuration

The cab problem is with this rom only, S2U2 cab and some others

I flash the phone almost every day and cabs are working with other roms

I'll try the one you uploaded today

Just my personal opinion on UL rom applications

I see you have almost remove everything including TV. I love the radio by the way.

I would rather if you leave TV and remove the tools folder as this can always be installed with the cab

Thanks for the good work, the touch response is very good and the screen calibration is super, it works very well in all the corners when typing messages, this is one of the good things on your ROM

After flashing was nearly impossible for me to set the time and date, then after I align the screen, I got a super screen :)

post-507888-1263580801_thumb.jpg

Edited by cga

OCK

I still get the same error message after ACD gets installed.

I flashed the phone three times with the same rom and for the first time I've used XDA UC which it is very handy for me as it works with all SPB stuff

The XDA UC installation hanged installing ACD, touchresponse and S2U2 then I had to soft reset. These three cabs are showing with funny icon in file explorer like they are corrupted but they actually work when I install Resco

All these cabs also are working fine for P_Dhee roms so it's something you are missing in your ROM

Align screen was better in this rom after flashing

Where is the solution for the cabs? :)

Thanks for such a good rom

post-507888-1263586840_thumb.jpg

post-507888-1263586882_thumb.jpg

post-507888-1263586895_thumb.jpg

Edited by cga

OCK,

i really hope for u will able to release the new ROM with DZIA5 base.

because i really use the chinese input a lot.

since ur ROM is so well rated, really unable to let go.

Wait for your good news ya.

I hope i able to cook by myself but..i really can't really understand the method.

can u test the ROm under the WM emulator??

Guest tingchung_chin
OCK,

i really hope for u will able to release the new ROM with DZIA5 base.

because i really use the chinese input a lot.

since ur ROM is so well rated, really unable to let go.

Wait for your good news ya.

I hope i able to cook by myself but..i really can't really understand the method.

can u test the ROm under the WM emulator??

i can use chinese input with his latest UL 21889 ROM, no problem at all, just install sunfon and Plum SIP :) :) :)

i can use chinese input with his latest UL 21889 ROM, no problem at all, just install sunfon and Plum SIP :) :) :)

PlumSIP able to use all function? included all symbol? event in 26 key english keyboard?

Guest tingchung_chin
21889 (UL only) - is there a weather tab on the home screen? Weather is something I use everyday.

u need m2d to have the weather at home screen.

Hi OCK,

A little problem I discovered in your latest M2D rom. I use MS Word quite extensively. I found that it is almost impossible to make any text selection. It does not work neither with a finger or a stylus. It works intermittently. I would say one out of ten attempts. There is no such problem with your 23093 M2D ROM. Is this a bug that was introduced by MS Office 2010?

Thank you

hi!! i've tried the 28205 rom and it's fantastic but i've a problem with theme...if i install a new wqvga theme (.cab installed in my storage) the new theme not works and the default theme too

what can i do? 

Try installing to my device. Themes need to be under Windows for them to appear.

Hallo Ock, A work-around for the autokill/autoclose bug:

1) I have a button programmed to open "showcase" when i press it.

2) When i open Nitrogen and start playing music i press this button.

3) choose the "Home-icon" at the bottom off the screen (music is still playing)

4) Your back at the home-screen off M2D, start an other app. (speeedreader for instance)

5) I am reading my rss-feeds (with Speeedreader) while still listening to music coming from nitrogen.

Thanks Patrick. It seems the problem happens on the Omnia II also. Seems that WM6.5 is too aggressive in terms of memory management.

21889 UL v2 is GREAT, score of SK Tools, 299.99 :) !!!

everything works, no crash but Enhanced GPS in ols style, it's okay, i use GFinder to replace it! installed htc task manager to get auto close working :)

thanks my friend!

Oops, forgot to add in the enhanced version of GPSxtra while rebuilding my kitchen. Will include it in the next release.

OCK, any fixed for PLUMSIP in titanium version?? since u able to figure out the reason in side UL version..

thanks a lot, really hope it will work.

It seems fixed, but I can't figure what is causing the problem. Cos I rebuilt my kitchen and redid almost everything :) . 

Hi OCK, A little problem I discovered in your latest M2D rom. I use MS Word quite extensively. I found that it is almost impossible to make any text selection. It does not work neither with a finger or a stylus. It works intermittently. I would say one out of ten attempts. There is no such problem with your 23093 M2D ROM. Is this a bug that was introduced by MS Office 2010? Thank you

Don't think MS Office 2010 is the cause. Does anyone face this problem?

It seems fixed, but I can't figure what is causing the problem. Cos I rebuilt my kitchen and redid almost everything :) . 

hmm...thanks for reply.

will u release titanium version with your new kitchen? please...

because i use the office a lot,can't switch to UL version.. and haven't seen anyone port office mobile 2010 standalone.

I had try using TouchPal 4.0 which working well, but not PlumSIP..

btw, for UL version, does the titanium home calender bring to Touch Calender? Or it is still default because u mention no OmniaLIte program being installed in UL version.

mayb u can use color of to differentiate between three ROM, just a suggestion.

somemore, ur polls seem like unable to vote if we voted any of ur question b4.

Hope to here from you soon.

thanks. :)

Hi OCK,

Just a couple of minutes ago found a reference to the same problem with MS Word 2010 in another thread. It is a thread for PDhee ROMS (checked it myself later... yes, the same problem...)

I also wanted to share.

I loaded PDhee's M2D ROM 23518 on my other omnia for comparison to yours M2D 23518. And from what I can tell, your ROM look esthetically much cleaner and bcz of that nicer. Set of apps you put in your ROMS seems to be more thoughtfully organized, for the lack of a better word (this is very subjective, however). I do need to say that PDhee refers to his last M2D rom as an experimental ROM; so, it is not the time to make a final judgment... The stability of M2D itself is unfortunately about the same, I guess, due to WM6.5 power management issue. I have not run benchmarks on his ROM neither have done an extensive testing yet, but one of the obvious (first look) indication of any ROM's speed for me is how quickly opens up windows folder. His was a little bit faster, not much though. What definitely strikes me in his ROM is the unbelievable touch sensitivity (feels almost like Iphone). Scrolling is not as smooth as yours though. I like the integration of the omnia light calendar in your ROM; his does not have it... I also love how quickly GPS picks up the signal on your ROM (very important to me). Ultimately, I decided to stick with your ROMs. I think you moving in the right direction. I like the wonderful support you provide to us (which is a chore on its own). What can I say, keep up a good work and we will help as much as we can.

Thank you.