OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Hi Great Rom using the blue steel over a month since 10/8/2010 - a bit sticky but that is because i am trying to do things too fast when i slow down a split second and it is fine for the phone to catch up but that is ok

The keyboard and scroll is super fast love that - shame i cant change the resolution on the screen : ) otherwise perfect phone

apart from battery does not last more than day with an hour or 2 browising ie use with screen on - ie browising texting emails etc 9 lights use energy fast with screen off it last over 2 days easy - over weekend i had radio on listing to station while i was decoratinig and surproised that baterty was still 80% at end of day. only thing when phone rings with radio on the radio turns off but the ringing volume is low so cant here the phone ring

1 - one thing that i notice is that when replying to emials - there is a problem - the names are not copied over and also when they do the message gets saved in the draft / outbox folder but the sender details are missing to be able to send or the addresses comes corrupted - this is especially frustrationg when replying to more than one person -

i find that i go onto MSN UK and use the web based hotmail - -- i write and save mesage in word and cthen copy and paste into the web based e mail - then the phone syns up with mail so i know what i send but t his is frustratiing - any fix for this bug or am i not using the ohone correctly ?

2 - any chance of the original calulator - it has more functions and that the HTC one and i think looks better and has % key which this one does not a bit frustration adyes i know if go into landscape mode the buttins is there but not in portrait mode.....

3 - also i am not able to use openmarket to download items that used to work with 6.1 rom is this an operating update issue of compatability ?

thanks in advacne

So, you have a problem with the M2D itself, without enabling any OTHER tabs on it, right?... Hmm, you may done something you #$#$@ the rom (and you need hard-reset) or... you may didn't flash the rom properly in the first place (IT HAPPEN to me 1-2 times...).

Hi andrew, i fixed the m2d customizer with hard reset. But, can you teach me in details how to change the clock in OCK'S latest eclipse dark edition ROM? I tried copying the files and pasting it in windows folder but it says unable to overwrite files because it's read-only protected file. While installing the clock as .cab files, it stopped the touchflo from launching. Im stuck here and i do not know what to do.

Edited by saint92

Guest Arturnikon
The new Eclipse rom is beautiful.Great job to the author!

Want to report a bug,on the home screen of Manilla 2D there isn't a picture of the weather like on the image that the autor posted.

Instead all the time it reads "Tap here to update weather",i selected the location and tried to update but nothing.

Is this a bug or did I just screw up the flashing?

Thank you.

Hi SawoBG,

you have to tap where it says "Tap here to update weather",.

then opens a new window where in the last line says to update. tap this option, wait a few seconds and ... can be left blank. but goes to the window of sms and then back home again . . . it is!

Guest andrew.mazlim
I am trying to change the m2d icons and wallpaper, can anyone help me? also, how can I add wm themes?

Thanks, Adrian

What do you mean about "M2D icons"? About the M2D's taskbar icons?... Generally, you can do whatever you like with the M2D. The only thing you need first, is to EXTRACT your default theme (via M2DC), by "backuping" it - you'll find that, in the M2DC's "Restore" tab.

About changing wallpapers, also with M2DC, you can set your favorite wallpaper.

"WM themes", you wrote?... Meaning what? If you change the M2D theme, what more you need?

Guest andrew.mazlim
Hi Great Rom using the blue steel over a month since 10/8/2010 - a bit sticky but that is because i am trying to do things too fast when i slow down a split second and it is fine for the phone to catch up but that is ok

The keyboard and scroll is super fast love that - shame i cant change the resolution on the screen : ) otherwise perfect phone

apart from battery does not last more than day with an hour or 2 browising ie use with screen on - ie browising texting emails etc 9 lights use energy fast with screen off it last over 2 days easy - over weekend i had radio on listing to station while i was decoratinig and surproised that baterty was still 80% at end of day. only thing when phone rings with radio on the radio turns off but the ringing volume is low so cant here the phone ring

1 - one thing that i notice is that when replying to emials - there is a problem - the names are not copied over and also when they do the message gets saved in the draft / outbox folder but the sender details are missing to be able to send or the addresses comes corrupted - this is especially frustrationg when replying to more than one person -

i find that i go onto MSN UK and use the web based hotmail - -- i write and save mesage in word and cthen copy and paste into the web based e mail - then the phone syns up with mail so i know what i send but t his is frustratiing - any fix for this bug or am i not using the ohone correctly ?

2 - any chance of the original calulator - it has more functions and that the HTC one and i think looks better and has % key which this one does not a bit frustration adyes i know if go into landscape mode the buttins is there but not in portrait mode.....

3 - also i am not able to use openmarket to download items that used to work with 6.1 rom is this an operating update issue of compatability ?

thanks in advacne

Mate, you can't really believe, if you listening radio all along, browsing 1-2 hrs, texting/emailing yourself and making calls... you can have a device with battery lasting more than a day!

My i900 is lasting OVER 5 days... with "common" use; that's per day: 2-5 phones (1-3 mins), 10 SMS minimum, 20 minutes backgammon or bowling gaming, browsing files with Resco (10 mins), changing some staff in visuals (about 4-7 mins), 2 minutes to check my email accounts, 2-4 minutes to check some news in FA website... and that's about it.

(I'm using my Panasonic T-3 digital camera for photos/videos, a great (and tiny) Sony mp3 player for listening my favorite AC-DC in the subway, my ZEN if I wonna watch my favorite football highlights or a movie in the train car...)

1 ) I answer you above... I'm not using way toooooo much my i900 for PDA. I bought it first, as a phone.

2 ) I would LOVE to have back the original calculator too! That one, doesn't even has the "%" function - very important!

3 ) Don't using openmarket. I'm NOT downloading via my phone; I have over 8GBs of WinMo apps, in my PC.

Sorry I didn't help ya too much.

Guest andrew.mazlim
Hi andrew, i fixed the m2d customizer with hard reset. But, can you teach me in details how to change the clock in OCK'S latest eclipse dark edition ROM? I tried copying the files and pasting it in windows folder but it says unable to overwrite files because it's read-only protected file. While installing the clock as .cab files, it stopped the touchflo from launching. Im stuck here and i do not know what to do.

CAN'T do that!... a ) They're read-only and locked, b ) You're USING the damn UI (M2D), so how you can CHANGE something from it, right?

What YOU CAN... is: Backup your default theme. You can do that with M2DC, in the "Restore" tab. With that, you simply exctracting the theme in the Windows\Theme directory. Now, that file is named "DefaultTheme..." something (!), I can't remember, with extension ".m2dct". THAT FILE, you can right-click it and add it in a WINRAR file... NOW, after you do that, you can EXTRACT the WinRar file into a directory and now... you have EVERY GRAPHICS file infront of you! You can change whatever you like!

About the clock in OCK's last rom, "Eclipse" (his best work, trust me!):

There is a big "BUT" about that... I can post you some interesting/great new "HTC M2D" clocks (some fantastic glass/transparent flip clocks!), but they're NOT WORKING properly with THIS theme ("Eclipse")!!!

Why? Because simply, if you compare "Eclipse's" theme with a common M2D one, there is a huge difference: The "classic" M2Dv2 theme has HUGE pannels for the clock and the Home weather icons, while "Eclipse" doesn't!

I posted HERE, in this topic, few pages back, 2-3 clocks I made for "Eclipse". NOT "fliping" clocks, but with different (some interesting) fonts and... transparent (I HATE the graphics, to covering my wallpaper completely). Check these clocks, some pages back, in this topic.

Guest andrew.mazlim
hello guys,

nobody has had problems with the sms or mms! :lol:

I've found that whenever I use the mms the system is too slow. :)

see Post #5984

Not really (very slow), but it depence WHAT media they sending you, mate! If they sending you... last Sunday's football highlights from the telly, well... it WILL be slow!

Guest andrew.mazlim
Hi SawoBG,

you have to tap where it says "Tap here to update weather",.

then opens a new window where in the last line says to update. tap this option, wait a few seconds and ... can be left blank. but goes to the window of sms and then back home again . . . it is!

F*ck (sorry my language) the damn GoogleMaps for updating the Home page Weather! It's useless to linking your device with Internete (and charge your account with cash!)

I posted some pages back... but here ther is the solution - go install that and you're fine without any other action:

Manila_Home_Weather_Updater__with_MortScript_.cab

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest Kailash Jobanputra
Hi Ock,

I have installed the eclipse rom on my Omnia and I am very happy with its performance.

I have just one grouse. Whenever I am on a video call I am not able to use the speaker phone mode. Even though I click on Turn on Speaker phone it will not work, which makes video calling a waste as you cannot hear what the other party is saying.

Also in a normal call - speaker phone function does not work. I tried searching the thread but could not come across any reference. Kindly help asap.

Kailash

Hi Guys,

Can someone please help as this is creating lot of problems for me and need a solution asap.

Regards,

Kailash

Guest andrew.mazlim
Hi Guys,

Can someone please help as this is creating lot of problems for me and need a solution asap.

Regards,

Kailash

Sorry, Kailash. Never cared for video-calling. A Greek fellow, very furious about that, was keep searching and looking (posting, too). You may try and search the forum, you probably find his posts.

(Of, of course, you can always wait and OCK will answer, in a while).

Guest beaver 2010
i have posted in the earlier post of the color tabs and icons

here is the wallpaper

u know what this wallpaper is :lol:

Thank you acmjiffry. I'll try to find it :( :)

Edited by beaver 2010

Guest DerEineDa

I think ock said you can overwrite those files with Resco Explorer.

Guest DerEineDa
just wondering what you save the image file names as thanks

Didn't catch your question, bro. What exactly you mean and about which image are you referring for?

kab89 obviosly wants to know how he has to name the files for the tv-tab you attached, andrew. When you attach images, they lose their original file names. @kab89: Please download the attachment of this thread as a reference how to name the files. Maybe it would be better if andrew could upload theses images again as a zip file.

Edited by DerEineDa

Guest MasterJam88

Hey Ock

I'm using your Eclipse ROM. And I have to say: badword ITS SO GREAT.

You get more out of the Omnia than Samsung ever imagined^^

But one huge bug is in this ROM

You have to set your internet settings each time after restarting the phone( soft reset or if you turned the phone off). They won't get saved. That's really annoying.

You can't go online after restart you first have to go to Setting---> Connections---->Connections---> Configure connection

Is there a way to fix that? If not I have to switch to older version.

Greetz m8!

Guest andrew.mazlim
kab89 obviosly wants to know how he has to name the files for the tv-tab you attached, andrew. When you attach images, they lose their original file names. @kab89: Please download the attachment of this thread as a reference how to name the files. Maybe it would be better if andrew could upload theses images again as a zip file.

Ah! Yes, I forgot that "small" detail!

Re-uploading them, as .rar:

TVtab.rar

Guest andrew.mazlim
I think ock said you can overwrite those files with Resco Explorer.

It's NOT so "simple", bro. Yes you can, but NOT ALL the files - because they're "Hidden", "ReadOnly" and... they're running with the M2D (since you have it as UI). So, you must do what I wrote few posts above.

Guest andrew.mazlim
Hey Ock

I'm using your Eclipse ROM. And I have to say: badword ITS SO GREAT.

You get more out of the Omnia than Samsung ever imagined^^

But one huge bug is in this ROM

You have to set your internet settings each time after restarting the phone( soft reset or if you turned the phone off). They won't get saved. That's really annoying.

You can't go online after restart you first have to go to Setting---> Connections---->Connections---> Configure connection

Is there a way to fix that? If not I have to switch to older version.

Greetz m8!

Not really, mate. JUST check it right now! It's working... Question: DID YOU install (and enable) any application like... NoData or DataConnection (I posted them in a large topic, for i900's utilities). If you did it... THAT hangs the connection.

Guest MasterJam88
Not really, mate. JUST check it right now! It's working... Question: DID YOU install (and enable) any application like... NoData or DataConnection (I posted them in a large topic, for i900's utilities). If you did it... THAT hangs the connection.

None of these progs are or were ever installed. And I never had this problem with any other of Ocks versions, so that's why I think it's a bug in the ROM

DerEineDa thanks for pointing out my problem

andrew.mazlim thankyou for the tvtab.zip file

I placed the files in the windows folder, then i enabled the tvwidget in the m2dc but the same problem happens (tap here to launch touchflow) touchflow won't launch. I'm using an old ock rom, build 23563, is this just my problem or am i doing something wrong. I also tryed putting the files in a theme but makes the same problem. touchflow works when i disable the tvtab, I would like a 2nd today screen in m2d2 can anyone help please.

Edit

Yes got it working by copy the files from the thread DerEineDa provided to my windows dir thanks

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...;postcount=1918

Edited by kab89

Guest beaver 2010

Ock, I forgot to ask you. Can I use video call with this rom? Because I can find Video Call menu.

Or do you have Video Call Cab?

Edited by beaver 2010

Guest andrew.mazlim
post-671138-1284470064_thumb.jpgpost-671138-1284470047_thumb.jpg

Can someone help me..

I already installed M2D TodayPage 0.3.0 & Easy Today Launcher v1.1.0.2 / iPhoneToday 1.5.4

The problem is the plugins can't show at the home tab

Are you using a different rom than "Eclipse"? If you are, you may did something wrong with the coordinates of the plugins you want to place...