OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Guest Kev23

morning all, having a problem with the lock screen.

if i receive a text and then try to use the slider thing on the notification (where it would normally take you straight to your inbox) the phone just locks up and I have to reset.

Anyone else had this?

Is it possible to adjust in reg editor the links maybe for the lock screen maybe?

using md2 classic 23551

Thanks.

EDIT - just tested on missed call notification, and that works fine.

post-456223-1269948697_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kev23

Guest acrocosm
I'll add an option to easily change the splash screen whenever you flash my roms :(

I disagree. I might not like it, getting off screen and all, but you are doing a great job with your roms, you should leave your signature on them. The boot screens are a great place for that. I might help making some for you, no promishes tho..

Consider the easily customizable livven's simplegloss theme please.

I also preffer opera mini, I find it faster overall, but most seem to preffer normal over mini. Maybe leave normal for more featured roms and mini for lighter? Or just leave it to UC? After all there's build in functonality for browsing (ie which is not as terrible as the older versions).

In general I believe that a base cooked rom (I consider normal and UL as base roms) should provide full functionality and just that. Opera shouldn't be there ihmo, and the same goes for SRS WOW. Such additions should be left for UC and "added fucntionality roms" but for example, at least one alarm sound (for UL) should be cooked in so that it's perfectly functional right after flashing. And to come again to showcase, a way to actualy close open apps is core functionality, I believe, so even if you leave that particular app out I suggest adding such functionality one way or another. The keyboard is also a tough decision with all that in mind but I like my win dir tidy and keyboards leave a mesh, so it's great that you can choose the one you want, plus not everyone writes in english all the time many people will need extra languages so they need to install extra stuff anyway.

None will be completely satisfied but don't forget people you can customize your rom the way you like you can't expect a cook to work for you alone. Anyway, ...cook quickmenu in UL! heheh :P No seriously, consider it, you get your apps closed on button press, you get activesynch closed when disconnected, you get your task manager/switcher, you get quick access to your apps and on top of all, you save about 4mb or RAM, what's best?

Just out of curiosity, the garbled start menu, is that theme related? Why does it happen? I used to get that a lot until I switched to QM

Thanks for your roms and support. You're doing a gread job

P.S.

I'm getting very low response from the touch screen when I try to scroll or select an entry in the phone dialer and theme selection screen. And no scrolling in PHM registry and samsung info. Anyone experiencing similar issues?

Am I really the only one with those issues?

Guest kimitza

master ock, do you intend to launch another UL version with the classic UI? I just don't like the new UI. Too buggy for me. I just want it simple and clean :P. Thank you :(

Guest corpisa
That was my mistake too when I tried my very first rom (KC's 23081) :(

I flash yesterday on my brothers omnia your latest ultralite version an as I always check the option FORMAT DEVICE MEMORY on your roms and on pdhee's as they are the only ones I have tried that the option is available, others have this option grayed out so its not possible to check or un-check and I have never encounter that problem but I have to say that I don't use the XDA_UC folder so I´m not sure if that has something to do with the problem reported.

About your UL version:

the dialer skin is just BEAUTIFUL!! I hope you make it into a .cab file and share it with the rest, i would love to have it on my phone :P

gps, wifi, 3g connection are working like they should, the rom feels pretty fast and testing spb shell with a new windows 7 theme feels also incredible fast.

Slds,

i've installed the titanium classic rom, build 23551

it's great, but the pass-through feature in the windows mobile device center doesn't work for me.. any ideas?

Guest johnny054

the rom is great. Very fast.

I installed 23551 premium and since then whenever i connect the phone to my pc, it just disconnects after a few seconds. I try to disable the option advanced network functionality but i still have the same problem. I can't acces to the phone with activesync nor as a usb key but the phone is still charging...

Anyone has a idea to resolve this?

I'm using windows 7.

Edited by johnny054

Guest X-pro
the rom is great. Very fast.

I installed 23551 premium and since then whenever i connect the phone to my pc, it just disconnects after a few seconds. I try to disable the option advanced network functionality but i still have the same problem.

Anyone has a idea to resolve this?

might be firewall issues. Using 551 and have no problems. If it isn't try hard reset

Guest flyby

The samsung dialer skin is fantastic too! it fits nicely to the screen unlike previous versions where the skin is bigger then the screen and you have to scroll to see the entire phone skin.

Messaging is great too! the new threaded msg skin lets you see a lot more with the smaller font.

Is this new in the 23551 built or has it been there for some time? havent been upgrading to the newer roms for some time.

Guest woody2k
Thanks a lot OCK , we love you ( but i am not gay , lol :( )

PTW , i have a strange feeling about the last 23551 premium version about the battery

any one noticed that the battery is better in this version ?? it last longer

any one noticed that or it's only me ? :P

if you check the omnia fav hacks, most of the power saving options have been checked. This is the reason why. I usualy do this with whichever new rom i test and i get about 3 days usage out of it. if i only get texts in a full day i can honestly say the battery does not drain at all

how to I get lock-screen app? it was on older roms but on last 2-3 I haven't seen it (It's not S2U)

Smart lock is on every ROM but if you install the latest version you can customize more features- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505032 apart from that I'm not sure of any other lock app used on Ock's ROM's.

Edited by Sb.

Guest corpisa
Hi OCk ... How can i customize M2D Action Screen ? replace some items and put other instead ? Thanks alot

On previous manila roms I have used I always went to: HK..LocalMachine/Software/HTC/Manila/Operator in there just browse the folders to identify each shorcut and replace with desire program path.

Now the icons should be on windows folder, just identify them and replace for the ones you want but I guess you have to be careful and put the same size as the ones you are replacing or they are going to look bad. (they should be named something like: OPERATOR_bth, OPERATOR_Foto, OPERATOR_SMS, OPERATOR_Nota, OPERATOR_EMail)

slds,

Guest corpisa
master ock, do you intend to launch another UL version with the classic UI? I just don't like the new UI. Too buggy for me. I just want it simple and clean :(. Thank you :(

if you mean manila classic v1 then that would not be an UL (UL has no other user interface but titanium) version but if you mean that one exactly... well it was updated yesterday so you are very lucky :P

slds,

Hey OCK this is the best ROM I'v ever used... I think that I'll sticky to this for a long time... Could you please give me a cab for normal battery icon because I don't see how much battery there is it... Tnx man for great ROM :P :( :( B) ;) :o :( :P

Guest melburnian

HI Ock

If anyone is using the TomTom with the 23551 Manilla Classic (not sure about the others), you may have to adjusted the registry setting

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> System -> CurrentControlSet -> GPS Internediate Driver -> Driver -> Samsung GPS Hardware -> SleepNoData from 12 to 0

I am using TomTom 6 and it seems to work properly. The only thing I have found so far this morning is that the position is a little off. According to the GPS I was driving through someone's house parallel to the street? :-) I don't know if anyone else has the same problem?

I had the same registry tweak in the previous ROM and it was perfect, so I am not sure if OCK has changed the GPS driver to the mod driver?

Thanks

Guest LuckyTan

Don't know why, but apparently, the calendar not working on my omnia - unable to add appointments (in the latest ROM). It happens to previous ROM as well, have been working, but stops working after sometime, unable to add any further appointments.

Guest vince1970

Hi chief OCK, first time user of your ROM 23551 M2Dv2. It is perfect and like how some of the extra apps are integrated into M2D.

~~~~ Thank You very much ~~~~

Issue - when I click on a sms message in M2D, it comes up a white blank screen and nothing happen. Is there a fix for this ???

Edited by vince1970

Guest melburnian
Don't know why, but apparently, the calendar not working on my omnia - unable to add appointments (in the latest ROM). It happens to previous ROM as well, have been working, but stops working after sometime, unable to add any further appointments.

Hey LuckyTan,

Did you try to do a soft format after cooking the ROM? I find that normally this helps to clear up all the little things.

Guest LuckyTan
Hey LuckyTan,

Did you try to do a soft format after cooking the ROM? I find that normally this helps to clear up all the little things.

I did. Might due to some applications I am using. Not sure. Anyway, flash to Khuanchai_IF1_21001_UL_PP6, using OCK's rlToday's cab for time being... works great. Thanks OCK.

Meanwhile, waiting for OCK's next rom in the future... :P

Thanks for the reply, melburnian. Appreciates. ^^

Edited by LuckyTan

Hi, just installed the rom,working great, but when selected Samsung Keypad, when sms, it back to Samsung keyboard, is there anyway to resolve this issue ?

Tks

Guest sapple

Hi Ock,

I'm using Build 23551 Premium Version & I love this rom.

PS: My Calculator dosen't work. Nothing happend after I touch the icon. Anyone has the same issues?

Guest Petter88
is there a way to disable or uninstall showcase? it seem from what i heard showcase caused some glitch when playing fpesce

Delete the short cut from windows/start up . If you click the short cut before removing it you will see a window saying that showcase has been terminated, otherwise just soft rest after deleting it, showcase will now be gone.

You might want to move the short cut instea of deleting it in car you want to enable it again. Just put it in my documents or something...

Guest kimitza
if you mean manila classic v1 then that would not be an UL (UL has no other user interface but titanium) version but if you mean that one exactly... well it was updated yesterday so you are very lucky :P

slds,

ock knows what i'm talking about. 21892 UL is the latest UL version with the classic UI(and i'm not talking about Titanium). On newer versions, i get all kind of errors, because the position of the toolbar(wich is down). I can't close most of programs, since the ok/close button is missing and these programs were designed for older wm versions. I just love ock's UL versions. I've installed 21892 since he launched it and i never had a bug or a crash. It's fast, stable and it has alot of free memory. I like to customize it and the UL allows you this. Try UL with spb mobile shell 3.5.3 and Naong MobileSense and you will get a brand new omnia.