Wifi connection, but no internet...

Guest Hyde_man

Guest b7610_fan

Ow didn't know skype etc still connects ..

maybe this is a DNS issue.

windows mobile is connected right ?

close IE / opera ( check with taskmgr )

and if you surf with IE or opera to google.com you get connection error of something simular ?

if you have this error for google.com only if you have an error with http://google.com !

try surfing to http://209.85.229.105 or http://209.85.229.99

if you do, you should get the site of google.

If you get the site of google after going to this IP. this is defenitly a DNS problem.

Edited by b7610_fan

Like it was out of the box, I know nothing about flashing the damn thing. So it is the following: Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional CE OS 5.2.21006 (Build 21006.1.5.74), PDA B7610BUIH3, CSC B7610VD2IH7, PHONE B7610BUIH2. I do not need to add that it tells me completely nothing.

Following some advice, to conserve memory, I turned off majority of Samsung apps (regretfully, because they look nice and are finger friendly, as opposed to Windows apps, ugly, very small and hence requiring the use of stylus) and installed SPB Mobile Cell but have not found much difference in free memory. I have probably done something wrong.

What do we do next? ;)

try surfing to http://209.85.229.105 or http://209.85.229.99

if you do, you should get the site of google.

No, this does not work. Someone has already suggested that since communicators work, it must be a DNS-related problem but trying to open a site with its IP address does not work (I tried it again). Also I think that if it was DNS related the phone would not work with any access point and it only has a problem with this model.

Guest b7610_fan

I'm a cisco certified network engineer.

If you can't surf by ip, but skype still works.. that's odd...

seems the http driver or simular (some other layer) is corrupt or not working correclty.

did you tried already a hard reset ?

Yes, I have performed it once and it did not change anything.

Isn't also odd that the problem basically concerns D-Link routers? The person who started this thread also had a problem with a D-Link router. Apart from it wifi seems to be working fine.

Guest b7610_fan

idd, it's more likely a dlink firmware problem.

do you have the latest firmware on your dlink ?

I will not respond until monday evening. (weekend trip)

Edited by b7610_fan

• 1 month later...
Guest saitos.cristian

Hey !

Did you guys find a solution after all ?

I have the same router Dlink DI-524 and a SE Experia X1 running WinMo 6.5 and am experiencing the exact same problems.

I also tried everything you guys advised ... but still no joy.

Guest dinabosnewi

Hi all,

After the whole day which I lost trying almost any possible option, I am signing up here. So I got my new Omnia pro today, all nice, but internet over wi-fi doesn't work. And hay I also have the bloody D-link DI- 524. I'll summarize it as follows:

1. I have adsl modem which automatically dials the connection to the internet and also has DHCP,

2. and I have D-link wireless which only connected to it for the wirelss net, nothing else

3. I tried different security options on the D-Link, and my laptop works on all of them but not Omnia

4. My wi-fi on Omnia always gets connected orderly, but no internet is accessed from IE or Opera

5. I have older PocketLoox T830 win Mob 5.0 and he also can't connect, same as Omnia

Did anyone get to the solution???

Guest dinabosnewi
Hi all,

After the whole day which I lost trying almost any possible option, I am signing up here. So I got my new Omnia pro today, all nice, but internet over wi-fi doesn't work. And hay I also have the bloody D-link DI- 524. I'll summarize it as follows:

1. I have adsl modem which automatically dials the connection to the internet and also has DHCP,

2. and I have D-link wireless which only connected to it for the wirelss net, nothing else

3. I tried different security options on the D-Link, and my laptop works on all of them but not Omnia

4. My wi-fi on Omnia always gets connected orderly, but no internet is accessed from IE or Opera

5. I have older PocketLoox T830 win Mob 5.0 and he also can't connect, same as Omnia

Did anyone get to the solution???

UPDATE:

1. I now managed to connect with my old pocketloox with static IP (after restarting the old sod).

2. I restarted Omnia too.... also set static IP... but no deal

Guest Alek_J

As for D-link DI-524, I have received information from D-Link that this router WILL NOT work with the Omnia Pro. They ran some tests after I had reported the problem and it seems that these two just don't cooperate. I have already replaced it with a TP-Link, cheap and reliable and it works great.

Guest dinabosnewi
As for D-link DI-524, I have received information from D-Link that this router WILL NOT work with the Omnia Pro. They ran some tests after I had reported the problem and it seems that these two just don't cooperate. I have already replaced it with a TP-Link, cheap and reliable and it works great.

Alek_J thanks a lot, at least I get some sence out of it all...

Guest dinabosnewi

Hi all,

this is solution to my Omnia pro vs D-Link DI-524 problem. So it works.

The problem is not with the D-Link, but with the Omnia. It seems that DNS server is automatically written as 0.0.0.0 and when it connects to the wireless router, it is trying to access it over the DNS, not the IP. So I set it first to use DHCP, and my internet gateway, saved it. Then I manually removed 0-s from DNS place, saved it, and restarted wifi. Voila...... Pinging the phone during the fiddlenig helped a lot.

I wasted 1,5 days on this...pihhh

Guest cappuccina

Hi.

I'm new to this Forum and would also appreciate a more detailed Solution. I have the same Problem with my D-Link DI-524.

I'm am not able to get a Wifi connection, although I had one for a few seconds the very first time I tried.

And I got my B7610 just Yesterday :-(

Guest cappuccina

ok I have some kind of wifi connection now, after deleting the settings and typing the network key hundreds of times...but I can only use msn oder another chat programm, but no opera or explorer browsing is possible...thats weird...

Guest Alek_J

It clearly indicates DNS problems, that has been said a long time ago. It is just dinabosnewi has found some way around it but would not say exactly what way it is...

Guest cappuccina

Hi again,

I still have the problem with my wifi connection. I can easily use chat programms as skype or msn messanger, but I'm not able the browse....

@dinabosnewi could you tell my if you really solved it all the way that you can use Opera and Explorer? And be so kind to give a little guide again. Would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance:-)

• 2 months later...
Guest Peetvader
Could you please present your solution in a more "step by step" way please?

Though this thread seems to stop here, I report the same problem. I can connect to WIFI, I can see it is connected and an IP adres is active and all. However, Opera does not use the WIFI but keeps using the 3G network. Even if I disable the 3G bij (screwing up the settings) Opera does not find the connection.

Internet Explorer does (some times), I do not know why it does sometimes and why is does'nt.

Restoring the 3G connection is an issue on itself.

Here you need Opera settings to restore the setting where it has to find de Internet. This setting seems to work for IE as well ????

After hours and hours of tryal and error I have not been able to find a way to easily switch between Network of Wifi.

I have a new WM 6.5 B7610! This thing is full of bugs in the Network Connection area!

It is possible that it worked before I installed DotNet framwork 3.5.

Any body find a real solution?

Guest cappuccina

OK, I don't know if I get you right, but you could first use modaco No Data to disable the data connection. Search for it here in the forum!

So this should force Opera to use the wifi if it is switched on! And see if it works.

Second, what Pda, Eboot, Phone version do you have?

I also had the problem that I could not use my wifi correctly. i updated my device (PDA,Eboot,Phone without CSC) to the newest official 6.5 version!

And after that I'm now able to use my wifi! Not as good as it should be, because I still have problems with the router, but i can tell that it works now!

So maybe you could try this also!

I don't know how much you know about your device so far, as you seem to be a new owner :)

Go to the B7610 Collection thread here in the Forum(Its a sticky) and read about flashing and and updating your device! This helps a lot!

• 1 month later...
Guest kaspy
OK, I don't know if I get you right, but you could first use modaco No Data to disable the data connection. Search for it here in the forum!

So this should force Opera to use the wifi if it is switched on! And see if it works.

Second, what Pda, Eboot, Phone version do you have?

I also had the problem that I could not use my wifi correctly. i updated my device (PDA,Eboot,Phone without CSC) to the newest official 6.5 version!

And after that I'm now able to use my wifi! Not as good as it should be, because I still have problems with the router, but i can tell that it works now!

So maybe you could try this also!

I don't know how much you know about your device so far, as you seem to be a new owner :angry:

Go to the B7610 Collection thread here in the Forum(Its a sticky) and read about flashing and and updating your device! This helps a lot!

well which version should we flash our romms to get out of the problem.

iam susing my n95 as hotsport to connect. is there any success rate in that with some jouike like software...

i had flashed my but i was not able to flash the eboot . will it create a proble.

i have updated the csc and pda part with IK like latest avaible. plz helpe me ...

i am not able to use the internet but the connetion is there and connected.

it connects in both was with and without KEY......

ur help is invited.

thanks alot

Guest omid66613

Actually I have the same problem and I'm using this router : seamens se568.

It's connected but I cannot surf the internet.

I had the same problem with my omnia i900 :angry: I think I'll never use my phones to surf the internet.

any solutions?

Guest kaspy
Actually I have the same problem and I'm using this router : seamens se568.

It's connected but I cannot surf the internet.

I had the same problem with my omnia i900 :angry: I think I'll never use my phones to surf the internet.

any solutions?

well iam also searching .

what i have understood that the wifi of omnia doesnt support much wifi router . there are several connections setting and omnia just want to be stuck working only with one setting.

its not that user friendely .

well lets search . try and find the answer and help us all.....

good luck dear...