O2 MMS problems

Guest Shuflie

Guest starkos
On o2 simplicity here and all I've done is copy the new apn xml file over and reset apns. I can send mms now but when anyone sends one to me I dont receive it, not even the text from it. Any ideas? ;)

That's strange, if you can send you should definitely be able to receive lol? In APN settings, do you have only two APNs and do you have the green dot next to the one called 'o2 UK MMS' ?

Also make sure you've got automatically retrieve MMS (or whatever it's called) on in your Messaging app settings..

Guest le_lutin
On o2 simplicity here and all I've done is copy the new apn xml file over and reset apns. I can send mms now but when anyone sends one to me I dont receive it, not even the text from it. Any ideas? ;)

What happens if you send one to yourself?

Guest starkos
What happens if you send one to yourself?

I didn't even know you could do that lol! All this time of testing MMS received I've been wasting my credit on the T-mob payg sim that came with the Pulse! ;)

Guest le_lutin
I didn't even know you could do that lol! All this time of testing MMS received I've been wasting my credit on the T-mob payg sim that came with the Pulse! ;)

I finally got to tip you back!

thanks "twe" was going to post the Vodafone UK ones ;)

fyi i have Voda kind of working but it doesnt show as sent and the recipent doesnt always get it similarly i dont always receive them - worse still theres no indication you have a mms waiting (not for me) not even i link in a sms

I get an sms message saying that I have an mms waiting and a download button. When I go to download it says failed to download. That is with the above settings.

Any idea what the hidden character is for 'Server'?

Edited by twe

Guest starkos

Hi guys, I'm not on Vodafone so have no idea if this works or not but worth a try anyway..

Download attached zip & extract the apns-conf.xml inside;

Use a file manager/adb to replace your original apns-conf.xml found in /system/etc;

Go to settings/wireless/mobile/apns then press menu & select reset to defaults;

Optional: Reboot phone (not sure if need to?)

Make sure the apn Vodafone UK MMS has the green dot next to it then try send/receive mms & let us know??

Guest starkos
Has anyone got th orange fix?? wish i was on o2 now lol

Do you use MMS that much lol?

Well as I said before, I have no idea if this will work but it's worth a try anyway. Just follow the instructions from my last post, except at the end make sure the green dot is next to the APN 'Orange UK MMS'.

Note: Everyone who tests MMS should make sure wifi is turned off, I'm sure I read somewhere that some people found that it stopped it from working..

Guest chrisnic0

Hey thanks for the post, im using OI file manger and it says i can not move file? Any ideas? also i have to rename the zipped file and remove ._? Is that correct

Cheers for your help

Chris

Guest starkos
Hey thanks for the post, im using OI file manger and it says i can not move file? Any ideas? also i have to rename the zipped file and remove ._? Is that correct

Cheers for your help

Chris

Nah you need to extract the .zip to get the apns-conf.xml, you shouldn't have to rename anything?

Also not sure about OI file manager, get Es file explorer from the market and make sure in the settings of ES that the bottom two options are ticked (something to do with root & mounting)

Guest Minus616
Yep, shouldn't need to use scripts if you use the latest xml I attached, then reset apns & activate o2 UK MMS. Would be useful to hear if works fine for everyone else on o2 simplicity though?

Also, any network should be able to get it working by just quickly editing the xml file with the relevant settings ;)

Hey

I tried this, but now my internet doesnt work! Along with MMS which didn't work before.

Does anybody have the original apn file from their phone? :(

I'm on o2 pay as you go.

Never mind! Got it working now :D Had to input my own APN and replace the mms.apk

Edited by Minus616

Guest starkos
Hey

I tried this, but now my internet doesnt work! Along with MMS which didn't work before.

Does anybody have the original apn file from their phone? :D

I'm on o2 pay as you go.

Never mind! Got it working now ;) Had to input my own APN and replace the mms.apk

Just seen your post, glad you got it sorted now. The xml file you used was for o2 contract & I deleted the PAYG entries hence no internet for you :(

Anyway I've attached one that may work for PAYG (worth a try), as well as the original apns-conf.xml.. :D

DEFAULT.apns_conf.xml.zip

Guest robot1000
Thanks, will keep hold of those just incase I need them.

Maybe Paul could put this in his next rom?

Or at least have a stickie with on how to do it!

+ 1

It would be useful to have the different MMS settings for each network in one post

Guest chrisnic0

Excellent , just like to say the Orange fix works!!! Thanks very much

EDIT - Lol ok it doesnt work anymore first one was fine, then 2nd message wont display chompSMS goes crazy and i have 2 notification messages, and it comes up with No reciepents and message not found in the body of text. No option to download??

Edited by chrisnic0

My o2 MMS worked fine until Saturday when I swapped from 2g only to 3g to do some browsing. I had to reset the APNs then run apn_exec.sh and it started working again OK.

Guest starkos
Excellent , just like to say the Orange fix works!!! Thanks very much

EDIT - Lol ok it doesnt work anymore first one was fine, then 2nd message wont display chompSMS goes crazy and i have 2 notification messages, and it comes up with No reciepents and message not found in the body of text. No option to download??

Well at least it sounds like the Orange settings are correct.. Your problem may actually be chompSMS? I'm sure someone on here said that they had to re-install it, & if your not that attached to it you could also try Handcent instead (I personally prefer it)..

My o2 MMS worked fine until Saturday when I swapped from 2g only to 3g to do some browsing. I had to reset the APNs then run apn_exec.sh and it started working again OK.

Hey jlgmax, glad to see you still got it working. It may be worth trying the latest xml file I did for o2 contract, as with that you wouldn't need to run any scripts and it shouldn't go off whilst switching between 2g/3g & if it did the most you should need to do is reset to defaults.. whatever your happy with though ;)

Well at least it sounds like the Orange settings are correct.. Your problem may actually be chompSMS? I'm sure someone on here said that they had to re-install it, & if your not that attached to it you could also try Handcent instead (I personally prefer it)..

Hey jlgmax, glad to see you still got it working. It may be worth trying the latest xml file I did for o2 contract, as with that you wouldn't need to run any scripts and it shouldn't go off whilst switching between 2g/3g & if it did the most you should need to do is reset to defaults.. whatever your happy with though ;)

Hey starkos - is that the one which you attached to post 195 ?

Cheers !

Guest robot1000

I'm having a slight issue getting O2 mms to work after using the android terminal to sh the apn_exec.sh file to the phone

It seems to accept it and then after going back to the APN there is only the T-mobile settings there and the O2 APN has vanished.

What am I doing wrong?

Guest starkos
I'm having a slight issue getting O2 mms to work after using the android terminal to sh the apn_exec.sh file to the phone

It seems to accept it and then after going back to the APN there is only the T-mobile settings there and the O2 APN has vanished.

What am I doing wrong?

Use the one from post.195 that jlgmax referred to above (you have to replace the _ for a - ). Once installed go to APNs under Settings and press menu then Reset to Defaults. After a short while, check to make sure that o2 UK MMS has the green dot as for me it defaults to the o2 UK Internet one. You do not run any scripts with this one!

Ps: Post.195 is for o2 Contract by the way, the PAYG xml file was posted on last couple pages (but no confirmation yet if it works?)

Edited by starkos

Guest robot1000
Use the one from post.195 that jlgmax referred to above (you have to replace the _ for a - ). Once installed go to APNs under Settings and press menu then Reset to Defaults. After a short while, check to make sure that o2 UK MMS has the green dot as for me it defaults to the o2 UK Internet one. You do not run any scripts with this one!

Ps: Post.195 is for o2 Contract by the way, the PAYG xml file was posted on last couple pages (but no confirmation yet if it works?)

Cheers mate

Guest Bendolfc
Hi guys, I'm not on Vodafone so have no idea if this works or not but worth a try anyway..

Download attached zip & extract the apns-conf.xml inside;

Use a file manager/adb to replace your original apns-conf.xml found in /system/etc;

Go to settings/wireless/mobile/apns then press menu & select reset to defaults;

Optional: Reboot phone (not sure if need to?)

Make sure the apn Vodafone UK MMS has the green dot next to it then try send/receive mms & let us know??

Thanks for that, works fine for me.