O2 MMS problems

Guest Shuflie

Hi guys, I'm not on Vodafone so have no idea if this works or not but worth a try anyway..

Download attached zip & extract the apns-conf.xml inside;

Use a file manager/adb to replace your original apns-conf.xml found in /system/etc;

Go to settings/wireless/mobile/apns then press menu & select reset to defaults;

Optional: Reboot phone (not sure if need to?)

Make sure the apn Vodafone UK MMS has the green dot next to it then try send/receive mms & let us know??

Am having issues with my internet settings [cant browse internet on phone]. This is before using the above file. I have install the v1.8 T-Mobile rom instead of the Vanilla version.... Would that make a difference? Have tried the above file too and still got the same problem. Some of my texts do not get sent either.... Not tried mms yet as these 2 problems are more important.

These are the vodafone settings: http://www.mphone.co.uk/mms_wap_settings_vodafone.html

And http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=25855

edit: Texts are going through but the delivery reports coming back tell me that the text has not been sent.....

So at the moment need to get delivery reports working somehow and the internet.... Any ideas?

edit2: Could this be related to not including thte ServoSearch app from the kitchen?

Going to retry with ServoSearch and maybe go back to Vanilla rom again....

Edited by twe

Guest starkos
Am having issues with my internet settings [cant browse internet on phone]. This is before using the above file. I have install the v1.8 T-Mobile rom instead of the Vanilla version.... Would that make a difference? Have tried the above file too and still got the same problem. Some of my texts do not get sent either.... Not tried mms yet as these 2 problems are more important.

These are the vodafone settings: http://www.mphone.co.uk/mms_wap_settings_vodafone.html

And http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=25855

edit: Texts are going through but the delivery reports coming back tell me that the text has not been sent.....

So at the moment need to get delivery reports working somehow and the internet.... Any ideas?

edit2: Could this be related to not including thte ServoSearch app from the kitchen?

Going to retry with ServoSearch and maybe go back to Vanilla rom again....

Really sorry mate but I haven't got a clue what could be wrong? :D

To be honest, I think I would probably contact Vodafone and ask them just to check that everything appears okay with your account/sim? Especially if it's effecting the ability to send texts.. Perhaps some forum members who are on Vodafone may be able to help you further, hope you get it sorted anyway :D

Edit: What messaging app are you using? Maybe stick with the default for now & for testing

Edited by starkos

mms working with the above sttings :D

started from scratch with official december update. tested all settings besides mms. then applied modaco rom with servo update and apps. finally changed the apk file etc. sent myself an mms messages. sent and received with no issues :D

edit i think it was a problem moving from 1.7 vanilla to 1.8 t-mobile and removing stuff, all sorted now and happy

Edited by twe

Guest starkos
mms working with the above sttings :D

started from scratch with official december update. tested all settings besides mms. then applied modaco rom with servo update and apps. finally changed the apk file etc. sent myself an mms messages. sent and received with no issues :D

That's great mate, I wonder what the problem was as no one else has reported problems with the kitchen that I'm aware of?

So internet working as well then I take it?

yes last message and this one am using my phone in the car. i have noticed this time round titanium backup hasnt shown up even though i ticked it... but everything else is fine.

Guest starkos
yes last message and this one am using my phone in the car. i have noticed this time round titanium backup hasnt shown up even though i ticked it... but everything else is fine.

Lol okay then cool.. Regarding Titanium, you're probably better off deleting it & downloading it from the market so you can easily tell when there's updates as they're quite often

Hey yesterday the same problem came back but this time I couldn't make any phone calls either! The animation appeared but thats it.

So I thought hmmm, why was it working on sunday?.... So I tried the simcard in my 2nd t-mobile pulse that I put back to the official december firmware [since i want to sell it] and the same problem came up!

So I tried it in a spare LG phone I have and everything was working... I did notice how much tighter the simcard holder was on the LG phone and I reckon its related to that. So have ordered a replacement simcard from Vodafone and hope that sorts it out.

Have installed titanium backup though so will give that a go when I want to make a complete backup of the whole phone while its how I want it....

Guest Nextmick

Last night I 'rooted' my pulse took me ages but finally worked it all out :D applied the 1.7 Vanilla rom but when I rebooted I seem to get a lot of force close errors (Jbed and when scrolling through the home screen) also my O2 MMS messages are still not working. Is there anything else I need to do to get MMS working.

I did notice that my address book was still intact - should the entries have been cleared with the new rom install? Do I need to format anything?

Thanks,

Mickey

Guest meinnit

Haven't really kept up with this thread recently so I have a few questions:

- Is there an easy solution available now to enable MMS on other networks?

- Can the solution be applied easily on the phone itself or does it require ADB?

- Does the solution survive a reboot?

If the solution is permanent perhaps it should be added to first post or Wiki page?

Guest Nextmick

Is 02 MMS working for anyone? I never got it working. Installed 1.7 rom which has the new APN file included - did a APN reset picked the MMS o2 uk postpay still nothing.

Love the phone

Love my o2 service

but very frustrated with the lack of MMS.

O2 have told me that there are no blocks on my account. Is there a particular thing I should be asking them to check when I call?

Thanks all,

Mickey

Guest starkos
Is 02 MMS working for anyone? I never got it working. Installed 1.7 rom which has the new APN file included - did a APN reset picked the MMS o2 uk postpay still nothing.

Love the phone

Love my o2 service

but very frustrated with the lack of MMS.

O2 have told me that there are no blocks on my account. Is there a particular thing I should be asking them to check when I call?

Thanks all,

Mickey

The custom roms don't include the APNs posted in this thread mate, you need a different one for each network. Anyway:

Download the attached zip & extract the apns-conf.xml inside;

Use a file manager/adb to replace your original apns-conf.xml on your phone, which is found in /system/etc;

Make sure the apn O2 UK MMS has the green dot next to it (wait a while & check it still has the green dot as mine has a habit of defaulting to the Internet one at first)

Try send/receive mms & let us know??

(I'm also assuming your on o2 contract as you mentioned your using postpay settings currently?)

O2.UK.MMS.FIX.zip

Guest starkos
Can someone help me?

I am on O2 pay n go with TEXT AND WEB tariff but my intenet is not working

Im using this APN file http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=48246 I tried every APNs but it is still not working.

That's for o2 contract, try the PAYG fix attached on page 12 Post #239 of this thread. I haven't got PAYG so can't guarantee it will work but it should do :(

Guest PatrykJP19
That's for o2 contract, try the PAYG fix attached on page 12 Post #239 of this thread. I haven't got PAYG so can't guarantee it will work but it should do :(

Thanks but still its not working.

Guest starkos
Thanks but still its not working.

Sorry I have no idea then. The o2 contract one has been working non stop for me for weeks now and I thought that the payg one would have also. I guess your gona have to wait and see if anyone else on payg can give feedback on how it's working for them...

Guest meinnit
Haven't really kept up with this thread recently so I have a few questions:

- Is there an easy solution available now to enable MMS on other networks?

- Can the solution be applied easily on the phone itself or does it require ADB?

- Does the solution survive a reboot?

If the solution is permanent perhaps it should be added to first post or Wiki page?

Anyone got an update for this? Seems like we do need to clean up this thread and have everything on one page/thread!

Guest doivey
The custom roms don't include the APNs posted in this thread mate, you need a different one for each network. Anyway:

Download the attached zip & extract the apns-conf.xml inside;

Use a file manager/adb to replace your original apns-conf.xml on your phone, which is found in /system/etc;

Make sure the apn O2 UK MMS has the green dot next to it (wait a while & check it still has the green dot as mine has a habit of defaulting to the Internet one at first)

Try send/receive mms & let us know??

(I'm also assuming your on o2 contract as you mentioned your using postpay settings currently?)

O2.UK.MMS.FIX.zip

Great I will try this when I get home !

I hope it works, now that it is getting sunnier and the camera slightly better working in the light then I hope to be able to send vaguely reasonable mms pics :(

Guest jlgmax

I copied across the new apns xml file but I find that I still have to run the apn_exec.sh file, then reset apns to default, then cross fingers and pray etc to get it working again once it stops !

It always stops if I enable 3g or if I reboot the phone/it runs out of battery.

My big hope for any future 2.0 / 2.1 release is that this annoying problem wiill finally go away !!!

Guest starkos

That's weird jlgmax, I've been using it for weeks now without a problem & you definitely don't need to run any scripts, if anything the script would prob mess it up & add t-mob APNs to the list in Settings? After replacing the xml with the latest one & reset apns to default, how many APNs do you have under Settings & what are they called?

Yea it would be nice if they sorted it out in future releases!

Guest jlgmax

I just have two - O2 Internet and o2 MMS. I tried resetting defaults, checking MMS is selected etc but the only way Ive managed to get it to work is to use a combination of running the script file and then resetting to default.

Fingers crossed the problem wont exisit in future ROMs !

Guest starkos
I just have two - O2 Internet and o2 MMS. I tried resetting defaults, checking MMS is selected etc but the only way Ive managed to get it to work is to use a combination of running the script file and then resetting to default.

Fingers crossed the problem wont exisit in future ROMs !

Super strange! You got the right two, but there's no reason why it shouldn't work.. Hopefully some more people will give feedback on whether it works for them or not

• 2 weeks later...
Guest starkos
Yes I have done it !!

Woohoo! Thanks all for your help.

As always amazes me how clever some of you are.

Thanks

dave

Glad you got it working mate <_<