Happy New Year:B7610 Custom ROM V2Final released,big difference!

Guest gabby2009

Guest chipoun

I have now this ROM in my PDA, but even in version V2 application still does not work as it supposed to do. When I open more than 2 applications, system close all of the applications. I did not have that kind of problem in windows 6.1.

I've got a question. I want to connect the phone as a storage medium but since this ROM doesnt have the samsung UI i dont know how to enable it :S

start > settings > connection > usb to pc only gives advanced blablabla

anyone know a reg hack or something?

the reason why i want this is because all my files on my storage card are corrupted, i now only see weird symbols as folders but cannot open them. and formatting using sktools or pocket mechanic or resco doesnt work... so i was hoping i could format using the windows XP

Edited by vjin

Guest sorpio

Hello,

Happy new year to all!

Thanks for the rom, one question is there a possibility to turn on the battery logo in the general taskbar, it is missing now.

I've got a question. I want to connect the phone as a storage medium but since this ROM doesnt have the samsung UI i dont know how to enable it :S

start > settings > connection > usb to pc only gives advanced blablabla

anyone know a reg hack or something?

the reason why i want this is because all my files on my storage card are corrupted, i now only see weird symbols as folders but cannot open them. and formatting using sktools or pocket mechanic or resco doesnt work... so i was hoping i could format using the windows XP

Through resco explorer or any other method, make a permanent shortcut to "\Windows\settingMain.exe" file. You will get Sammi's settings panel back, there from you can use usb settings too!

Other options can be found here!

Edited by 20x

it appears there still is a "settings.ink" (with samsung logo) in "\windows" so i just copied that to "\windows\start menu"

would have no clue where to search without you

thnx!

it appears there still is a "settings.ink" (with samsung logo) in "\windows" so i just copied that to "\windows\start menu"

would have no clue where to search without you

thnx!

Never dug into that, but good a little hunting and you got your solution! :-)

Guest cool_tushar1993
the procedure can be found on the I8000 forum is the same for our device...

can u send the link ..plzz.... ...i searched for it but didnt get it ......................

Guest chipoun

Have you guys also problem with this ROM and generaly with all windows 6.5 like me? (when I have more than 2 applications open simultaneously, the system close them)

Guest darshi
Never dug into that, but good a little hunting and you got your solution! :-)crap rom dont go for this rom settings icon missing shortcut to will show some error i have flashed 4 times with 4 sets of combination 100% crap pls gabby dont make rom if u dont know secany il2 rom best please go for it

can u send the link ..plzz.... ...i searched for it but didnt get it ......................

Here is your detailed link for flashing the rom!

If you face any difficulty please get back either here or PM me!

All the best!

Guest ttrevelian
Hello,

Happy new year to all!

Thanks for the rom, one question is there a possibility to turn on the battery logo in the general taskbar, it is missing now.

If you see the time displaying on the taskbar you won't be abble to see battery status.

Just go to settings > clock & alarms > more and uncheck "display the clock on the title bar in all programs"

Guest rybar73
guys i have the v2 rom on my b7610 but i need samsung settings and the radio is there any way get them back?

yes, you can find samsung app in windows folder (copy fmradio.lnk and Settings.lnk where you want :)

I have a one problem after falshing to v2. I am not able write symbol "?" and symbols ":" and ";" are reversed on my HW keyboard. Do you have same?

Guest sadhaka

Being a nervous newbie I finally decided to flash the ROM. Very impressed indeed. Cheers Gabby. My lovely B7610 is running at the speed it should have been when I bought it!Yay

A very good New year to you!

Guest kalitexnis16590
yes, you can find samsung app in windows folder (copy fmradio.lnk and Settings.lnk where you want :)

I have a one problem after falshing to v2. I am not able write symbol "?" and symbols ":" and ";" are reversed on my HW keyboard. Do you have same?

Yes i have the same problem with the HW keyboard.By the way i can find a FMRadio2 app file that opens the radio but there isn't any settings app in the windows folder.

Edited by kalitexnis16590

Guest gabby2009

i was so strange about what u said

the v2 version contains fm,samsung settings in startmenu ,why you are lost it?

maybe what u flash is not my v2final version by my mistake,i will upload it today's eve

maybe what u flash is not my v2final version by my mistake,i will upload it today's eve

This shortcut is missing from the final version. Doesn't require a big fix, but if you wish you can reupload to make it flawless. Thanks a lot for your efforts!

Guest kalitexnis16590

I don't know if it's my fault.I flashed your v2 from vjin upload at megaupload.com.I had the fm and samsung settings in startmenu in your v1 rom but not now in v2 nether in the windows folder.I found the radio app in windows folder named FMRadio2 but i can't find anything about samsung setting. ;) By the way thanks for your efforts you have done great job! :)

Guest sadhaka

For those having trouble finding the settings link:

You have to Show all Files in the Windows folder and on my device it is called "Settings Main" not "Settings"...

Hope this helps others...still geeking out about the speed the little beast is pumping out!