SmartNES : a NES emulator

Guest zizione

My post was mainly referring to those comments:

"No offence guys but the games for the Nes are pretty crap. I know its an old system, but shouldn't one of our SPV brightsparks be working on somthing a lil' more 90's lol ??"

and

"I dream of a SNES emulator.. Frankly, there's very few NES games I'd want to play."

You have to admit that both of these comments sound pretty ungrateful - well at least they do to me!

I'm sure that most of the people who have downloaded these pieces of software ARE grateful to the developers, me included!

Adam

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

You have to bear in mind that the micro-technology is still limited to "about" the NES era.

What you are asking is for games that used to run on a box the size of a box of cornflakes to run on your 10x5cm phone...

The technologies getting there, but oyu have to be patient ;)

Kingdom Master: Theres a step-by-step guide to installing the emulator on page 1-2 of this thread. This is what i did.

* Make a folder on your Storage Card called "SmartNES"

* Copy smartnes.exe into the folder you just created

* Rename your romfile to "rom.nes" and copy it onto the root of your Storage Card....not into the SmartNES folder!!!!

* Run the emulator from within ALL-Explorer and open the romfile, or if you do not have ALL-Explorer then copy a shortcut from the emulator and place it in "IPSMWindowsStart Menu".

Note: When i say rename to "rom.nes" do not call it "mario3.nes"......it must be "rom.nes"!

Guest pibrahim

Its not ungrateful, its just giving my frank opinion. Its like the other ?Atari? emulator released as well, where people stated that there wasn't an abundance of great games. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the NES era, I *do appreciate* the effort made and of course there's some stuff that I'll play, but if I don't think its a particular console overloaded with great games, why should I lie and say I do..?

Honest opinion isn't necessarily unappreciative.

Oh you dont want sound, my port had sound in it, the games were slow and the sound annoying :?

MBoden

Anyone has the sourcecode for a Coke vending machine emultor ?

Guest agent.m

the games i`ve played are of good quality compared to what is on the j2me curcuit trust me! so if people want to say nes games are crap try paying Ā£3-Ā£5 on a clone of 1942 with no power-ups etc when you get these games for free.

my only problem is like with gnuboy the key mapping issue. using the same system as rebound is cool with me! or even doom. but im willing to wait.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest quistis2k

Hey guys, I need help.

I had trouble running Doom, I could handle that. But, now I am having the same trouble running the NES emmy, and to be honest, I cannot handle not being able to play Final Fantasy on my phone. So please help.

The trouble is after about 3 mins of playing the NES (or Doom) my phone would crash. Crash = the wee spiny thing comming up on screen and flashing and not going away until I pull the battery off my phone.

Any ideas??

Guest Gorskar

Try clearing out your memory before you play. Use the latest version of the SPV task manager by jacoch to close all unnecesscary programs before you start to play.