Want to have custom ROMs for the Acer Liquid?

Guest maxisma

Guest TheNano
Great people, the goal is nearly reached and that in just 2 days! =)

Thanks for you support, I'll wait until tomorrow and I will then order the Liquid :)

Again, thank you so much!

You won't regret it ;)

removed

Edited by TheNano

Guest TheNano

Edit: saw Paul will post it later

Acctually I have started another thread abot rhis but anyway, do you know the base adress for liquid's boot.img ? or how to find it ?

Edited by TheNano

Guest SwedBear

Not that it matters but I'm B. Endre, not B Ende :). Glad you reached the goal and can get your liquid. BTW - thanks to goa200 that made me aware of this on Swedroid.se! It would be awesopme to see some custom roms on the liquid as it really is a nice fast phone.

BTW - where in Germany are you from? I'm half-German (born in Nürnberg) so I just had to support a fellow German ;).

Edited by SwedBear

Guest maxisma
Not that it matters but I'm B. Endre, not B Ende :) . Glad you reached the goal and can get your liquid. BTW - thanks to goa200 that made me aware of this on Swedroid.se! It would be awesopme to see some custom roms on the liquid as it really is a nice fast phone.

BTW - where in Germany are you from? I'm half-German (born in Nürnberg) so I just had to support a fellow German ;) .

Sorry, corrected now ;-)

I'm from Dorsten, NRW near Recklinghausen near Köln (Cologne).

Guest TheNano
Ok. I have not tried eclair browser. If eclair browser is better than loccys browser then do not make loccys browser.

Edit: If you make android 2.0 custom rom, does android 2.0 multi-touch work in liquid?

I guess Multi-touch wouldn't work as Nexus in us has no multi-touch , if it has it, then it will work

Guest chingy1788

I thought Android 2.0 supports multi touch...

the only problem is there aren't many apps that support multi touch

When my G1 was still working, I put an Android 2.0 rom onto it

multi touch worked!

when you hold one finger on one side of the screen and another finger on the other side of the screen

non multi touch 1.6 will return the mid point of the two fingers

mult touch 2.0 returns only the first finger

typing becomes more accurate

but there was no camera support for the g1 so i removed 2.0

Edited by chingy1788

Guest zeus_hunt

Palm did take on Apple by implementing multi-touch on its WebOS. I guess there are some patents of Palm which Apple violates too... so the truce.

But its sad that someone is allowed to patent such a thing...

Hi Guys,

Juste know that Nokia owns patent for 3G and more than this GSM technology.

Apple has been sued by Nokia for millions for not paying right fees on GSM technologies for their iPhone.

It's only fair they own multitouch patent on capacitive screens in the US.

Know that Milestones in EMEA region packs multitouch out-of-the-box, so luckily for EMEA users, as patent do not apply, you'll get native multitouch on every Android 2.0 device.

:)

(code might be needed in dev apps though, what I mean is it won't probably turn nemo player into multitouch app just by flashing to android 2.0)

Guest maxisma
he has his liquid, he doesn't care about us any more :)

jk jk lol

lol

I'm sorry guys I have some trouble with my bank:

At the end of every month all money above 70 € is being transferred to an account which I have no access to.

Unfortunately, this happened before my badword-slow bank saw the transaction-paper to the shop I bought the Liquid of.

This means, I have to talk to my parents now so they get this money for me from this account, so the Liquid will arrive approxemately in 3 weeks..

I'm sorry guys.

But I promise that I'll then make a ROM within 1 week with root etc..

Again I'm really sorry for that.

This may sound like a bad excuse but it isn't.

Edited by maxisma

The shop (kauflux.de) you where going to buy from accepts paypal - can you not use the dontations from the paypal account to make payment ?

I think quite a lot of people may want to 'transfer' their donation to behnaam if it going to be around a month before something is seen.

lol

I'm sorry guys I have some trouble with my bank:

At the end of every month all money above 70 € is being transferred to an account which I have no access to.

Unfortunately, this happened before my badword-slow bank saw the transaction-paper to the shop I bought the Liquid of.

This means, I have to talk to my parents now so they get this money for me from this account, so the Liquid will arrive approxemately in 3 weeks..

I'm sorry guys.

But I promise that I'll then make a ROM within 1 week with root etc..

Again I'm really sorry for that.

This may sound like a bad excuse but it isn't.