Want to have custom ROMs for the Acer Liquid?

Guest maxisma

Guest batista70
news?

I'd like to test even if without audio, i use Liquid only for test, as phone i use Milestone, so i haven't problems if the audio doesn't work.

Let me try.

Guest three_pineapples

Behnaam mentioned it in his custom rom thread :)

The guy who got a response is lucky! they haven't responded to my online request for the kernel source yet B)

Guest maxisma

Hey guys, the problem with the Liquid is that Acer seems to have made many changes to the libc.so. Without replacing that file with the Liquids lib in another ROM to port it, it wont even give logcat.

As soon as it gets replaced, there are many lib dependancie errors. I will have to try so "combos" and see what is possible.

I will try to release a ported theme for you today.

I will then continue my work on trying out things.

Wish me luck lol. I'm working together with Behnaam for example atm, so I hope we can make it quickly.

At least we will have a custom Kernel soon ;-)

And I promise to put all my knowledge into it ;-)

As Lickoon got Eclair to boot up I will try to collab with him and fix bugs etc.

Guest amdnikos
Hey guys, the problem with the Liquid is that Acer seems to have made many changes to the libc.so. Without replacing that file with the Liquids lib in another ROM to port it, it wont even give logcat.

As soon as it gets replaced, there are many lib dependancie errors. I will have to try so "combos" and see what is possible.

I will then continue my work on trying out things.

Wish me luck lol. I'm working together with Behnaam for example atm, so I hope we can make it quickly.

At least we will have a custom Kernel soon ;-)

And I promise to put all my knowledge into it ;-)

As Lickoon got Eclair to boot up I will try to collab with him and fix bugs etc.

good luck max,try update more often your post when u have news.good or bad. :)

Guest liquid_it
Hey guys, the problem with the Liquid is that Acer seems to have made many changes to the libc.so.

Seems like sources are needed more than ever.. :)

Ok, I'm already in flashing mode... B) ;) ;)

Please explain more, since I dont understand your problem.

I have no problems connecting my phone to LogCat... using my Liquid as development-phone since the X10 sucks when used for development, and using LogCat for all output without any problems.

Edited by xfs

Guest liquid_it

@maxisma:

will the themed rom based on 1.008? I hope so, touchscreen is much more responsive with this firmware..

@xfs:

I guess that trying to port parts of roms from different devices results in incompatibility with the Acer-patched libc that is on liquid rom.. logcat works fine on my device with the "stock" 1.008 rom, maybe it will not using a different libc.so.

• 4 weeks later...