[3.0.1] AychTeeSee's Vanilla Cupcake ROM - GSM (now with online kitchen)

Guest AychTeeSee

Guest dawabz94
something really strange happened to me today with this rom

I called a friend and when hangedUp, the phoneApp ForceClosed

Since then, no way to dial or receive any call

Even after rebooting

Trying to wipe and reflash

Was working fine with a few FCs on native MMS 'til then ;)

hé hé ... replying to myself ...

wiped / reflashed / now working back

MMS not working though but strangely, no more FC when launching native SMS/MMS app (well it's HTC's app :-D)

Just when sending MMS, it remains unsent forever (Handcent or native SMS/MMS app)

Looking forward to next release :-)

Guest AychTeeSee

The new ROM is going to blow all of your minds ;) Rebuilt from scratch with NO HTC components. Almost everything works flawlessly with pure vanilla.

Andrew

Guest dawabz94
The new ROM is going to blow all of your minds ;) Rebuilt from scratch with NO HTC components. Almost everything works flawlessly with pure vanilla.

Andrew

Can't believe it !

Think I'll donate once more when this one is out !

:D

Guest masterpfa
Tommorow ;)

OK been waiting to try the latest, now I know it's tomorrow it's gives me something to wait for!

So NO HTC Bloat :D

Faster no doubt :(

See you on the other side!!!

:D

Guest pvillasuso
Rebuilt from scratch with NO HTC components. Almost everything works flawlessly with pure vanilla.

Andrew

That sounds Great ! Hope everything goes right ...

Can't wait to test it ... ;)

Guest MrPadie

AychTeeSee, I must say that this ROM is absolutely fantastic. I love the original, stock look of Android, and this does exactly that for me.

Just on a side note, I seem to have found a bug which I can replicate every time. Basically, if I want to import my contacts from my SIM card, I get an FC (I'm not too sure what type of FC, as I am not running the ROM at the moment). This is probably the only reason holding me back from using this ROM. Hopefully if it is not fixed in your ROM that you are releasing tomorrow, it will be fixed soon.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work!

Guest pvillasuso
Basically, if I want to import my contacts from my SIM card, I get an FC (I'm not too sure what type of FC, as I am not running the ROM at the moment)

Weird FC .. ;)

I use Contact2Sim ( free app ) from the market , and It works good <for me> with this ROM [2.1]

Guest MrPadie

Thanks pvillasuso

I will be sure to give it a try when I reflash the ROM. At the moment I am in the process of giving Modaco's ROM the original Android Stock look, but still keeping Rosie installed for the other apps to work.

Guest AychTeeSee
Great, I installed this ROM yesterday for the first time, and I must say, it is really amazing.

I love it, and I'll try the 3.0 right away.

Oh and By the way, I already did a mirror for the file on RS.

Here is the link: http://rapidshare.com/files/345536315/Aych...-3.0-signed.zip

Thanks for the great work and let's go and try it :D

Thanks for the mirror! Added to first post ;)

Two things:

1. This new update isn't fast. It's blazing! I mean, everything's opening up instantly, it's just crazy. ;)

2. I've rolled back to 2.1 until Google Contacts are repaired because that's the only way I can get my contacts on this phone and a phone without contacts is... meh. :D

Also, I did just an upgrade without wiping but would love to wipe once everything's sorted out.

One more thing - when trying to open contacts, the contacts dialog showed up (although empty, without any contacts) and after a few seconds an acore FC apperead.

That's all, once again - love your work on this here ROM. :(

EDIT:

Oh yeah, I saw some chinese text when checking out keyboard options in settings, what's up with that? :D

Edited by bojzi

Guest AychTeeSee
Two things:

1. This new update isn't fast. It's blazing! I mean, everything's opening up instantly, it's just crazy. ;)

2. I've rolled back to 2.1 until Google Contacts are repaired because that's the only way I can get my contacts on this phone and a phone without contacts is... meh. :D

Also, I did just an upgrade without wiping but would love to wipe once everything's sorted out.

One more thing - when trying to open contacts, the contacts dialog showed up (although empty, without any contacts) and after a few seconds an acore FC apperead.

That's all, once again - love your work on this here ROM. :D

EDIT:

Oh yeah, I saw some chinese text when checking out keyboard options in settings, what's up with that? :D

Hi there!

Google contacts sync should be fixed soon. I think it was a problem with the ROM I got the contacts apk from.

I installed the Chinese IME to provide options for the Hero users who are waiting on Paul to provide Chinese support :(

Andrew

Guest stevenz
Syncing contacts fixed! Uploading 3.0.1 now :D

Andrew

EDIT: It's up!

Was hanging out for contact syncing, all a bit painful otherwise ;) Will see how well it does over the top of a 2.x ver.

hi andrews,

loving using ur ROM

just wondering can i just flash this v without wipe & if u can release bt fix with sme add on pack.

And just out of curiosity why the name "AychTeeSee's"

Guest AychTeeSee
hi andrews,

loving using ur ROM

just wondering can i just flash this v without wipe & if u can release bt fix with sme add on pack.

And just out of curiosity why the name "AychTeeSee's"

Hi there;

I haven't tested it, but you should be able to install this without a wipe. Unfortunately, a bluetooth fix will not be arriving soon due to the integration of bluetooth in HTC's system libraries, which are closed-source.

And with regards to my name? Aych (makes a H sound), Tee (makes a T sound), See (makes a C sound)

HTC!

Andrew

Guest pvillasuso
I haven't tested it, but you should be able to install this without a wipe.

Hi just installed without wiping ( from [2.1] ) ... When you boot the phone and you get the first screen this is what you get:

"The application Google Prtner Setup (process com.google.android.google.googlepartnersetup) has stoped unexpecctelly. please try again"

You Do the Force Close .. and that's it .. back in business again

@edit_1 My APN settings disappeared , had to create the profile again

Maybe it's easy to fix , but I don't know where to look .. to do it ;)

------

As always .. You got the Fastest ROM for Hero ever build ... Can't believe how everything behaves so dam@ fast ! Very Nice Job !

Again thanks for sharing your work ...

PM you > RS mirror for [3.0.1] , hope this helps others for downloading and testing your great ROM ...

Cheers ...

Edited by pvillasuso

this 3.0.1 is the best

at last pure vanilla on all accounts

best so far still the best

i think htc shd release full vanilla rom for people opting for it

i know this is not gonna happen!!

andrews gr8 work man

many congrates! will make small donation in few days!!! just to show my goodwill!!

Guest nhisyam

Great ROM.

However now I'm having problem with my adb.

I keep getting

D:\android-sdk-windows-1.6_r1\tools>adb devices

error: protocol fault (no status)

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Guest AychTeeSee
Great ROM.

However now I'm having problem with my adb.

I keep getting

D:\android-sdk-windows-1.6_r1\tools>adb devices

error: protocol fault (no status)

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Try adb remount.

Andrew