[3.0.1] AychTeeSee's Vanilla Cupcake ROM - GSM (now with online kitchen)

Guest AychTeeSee

Guest AychTeeSee
SMS notification is still white-on-black and looks a bit funny, presumably part of the SMS app itself so could be a pain to fix. Maybe disable the bootup sounds by default as they don't really correlate to what's going on on the screen with the N1 bootlogo.

Looks nice though :)

Just noticed that in the Android apps long-press items fade from yellow to white when you press on them which is a nice touch.

I agree about the bootup sounds, they're loud and disruptive and don't sync to the nexus one animation. I think I'll change that next.

Also, a note: in the next release, I will be switching from the MoDaCo 3.0 ROM base to my custom optimized 2.73.405.66 release. Don't worry, it'll have all the functionality of MoDaCo and Teknologist's kernel. I'm holding a beta copy of it in my hands right now, and WOW it is fast.

Andrew

Guest masterpfa
I agree about the bootup sounds, they're loud and disruptive and don't sync to the nexus one animation. I think I'll change that next.

Also, a note: in the next release, I will be switching from the MoDaCo 3.0 ROM base to my custom optimized 2.73.405.66 release. Don't worry, it'll have all the functionality of MoDaCo and Teknologist's kernel. I'm holding a beta copy of it in my hands right now, and WOW it is fast.

Andrew

Wow that was quick was only talking to you on here last night (you could have given me a heads up LOL)

Great work just downloaded 1.4 and donated too, love the work you have done on your ROMS, 1.3 was so smooth & fast

P.S if you need testers or feedback don't hesitate to ask. OK 1.4 here I come

P.P.S Is there any chance of including the HTC Keyboard as a default, IMHO I think most people prefer it's functionality but prepared to install it separately.

P.P.P.S just read your twitter, look forward to future developments

Cheers Andrew

:)

Edited by masterpfa

Guest AychTeeSee
Wow that was quick was only talking to you on here last night (you could have given me a heads up LOL)

Great work just downloaded 1.4 and donated too, love the work you have done on your ROMS, 1.3 was so smooth & fast

P.S if you need testers or feedback don't hesitate to ask. OK 1.4 here I come

P.P.S Is there any chance of including the HTC Keyboard as a default, IMHO I think most people prefer it's functionality but prepared to install it separately.

P.P.P.S just read your twitter, look forward to future developments

Cheers Andrew

B)

Thank you for the donation! It is very, very much appreciated :) I'll let you know about any possible opportunities for beta testing.

And including the HTC keyboard sounds like a great idea, however I won't make it the default. I'll just make it in option in the Android settings.

Thanks again!

Andrew

I really like this rom.

I was wondering if Use Internet Thing in the hidden settings is enabled for 1.4 ?

That felt a bit weird for me - a phone that uses google not being internet-able :)

Guest AychTeeSee
I really like this rom.

I was wondering if Use Internet Thing in the hidden settings is enabled for 1.4 ?

That felt a bit weird for me - a phone that uses google not being internet-able :)

D'oh! That slipped past me there :D

Next release will have it for sure, I promise! B)

Andrew

Guest masterpfa
Thank you for the donation! It is very, very much appreciated :) I'll let you know about any possible opportunities for beta testing.

And including the HTC keyboard sounds like a great idea, however I won't make it the default. I'll just make it in option in the Android settings.

Thanks again!

Andrew

That sounds ideal, just love the way the screen changes orientation even from the home screen and quick & responsive too.

When I first tried your earlier ROM this was exactly what I had been looking for:

Stability

Speed

Usability

Feature rich as a MCR rom with Teknologist extras

Plus the beautify of a native Android UI.

These were only previously available on AOSP ROMS, but as we know those weren't stable.

You have as you said you would, continued the work and have delivered

Great ROM

The future is looking bright, any luck with a 2.1 ROM yet (Cheeky grin!)

B)

Edited by masterpfa

Guest rico2k_uk

Great work!

Any chance you can change the update file to exclude the boot.mp3 from /media/bootscreen folder? That will silent the boot.

Also, can you include AndroidNotes.apk (attached) in the /system/app folder?

AndroidNotes.rar

Guest AychTeeSee

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I've listened and put your suggestions in my ROM's next version (which should be coming out today or tomorrow).

Andrew

Guest masterpfa
Thanks everyone for your feedback! I've listened and put your suggestions in my ROM's next version (which should be coming out today or tomorrow

Andrew

OK waiting in anticipation, can I also have a Winning Lottery Numbers Predictor too please!

:)

I've just flashed it and I don't know if something's wrong but the Nexus boot animation just keeps looping. It comes to the point where it forms an X, stops and then restarts the animation. :|

Just wiped now and reflashed and it booted. ^^

EDIT:

But my apps (installed via Apps2SD) are not showing now. :)

Could it be because of the base change?

My ext partition is formatted ext4 and was working normally on MCRs and this ROM on version 1.4.

Edited by bojzi

Something seems to be screwy with permissions. Anything that needs root access is giving me "permission denied"

Yeah, I noticed it too.

Tried typing adb shell a2sd and it gave me serveral Permission denied errors.

Guest rico2k_uk

That was quick! Downloading now, but running on satallite for my internet at the moment, and going SO SLOW! 22.5kb! ARG!!!!!

Cant recommend this rom enough. Especially now that I found the HTC_IME.apk and its being included. Also, worth giving SlideScreen a go as a replacement home app. Well worth it with the extra speed.