Looking forward to Nexus One

Guest Nick G

Guest zeus_hunt

Now this would be a phone I would control my temptations for. Considering the touch on my LG is fcked.. Hence each time I have to use the phone my Urge to Hit The BUY button for the Acer just goes up 1 notch.

Was very interested in purchasing a Acer Liquid. I almost did order one. Almost. :)

Edited by zeus_hunt

Guest Chris Jenx
from what I read already, and if its going to be around 300E-400E, this is going to be my next phone, even tho I just got my Hero (in September).....

same lol, annoying, but looks good

Guest skyline247

Kind of torn here between the HTC HD2 and the Nexus One. On one hand, and not necessarily good or bad - Multi Touch, WM 6.5 possibly 7??, Big Screen designed for Multimedia, 5 MP Camera, GPS, etc. on HD2 as compared to Android, no multitouch, have to change my TMO rate plan, Beautiful ! 3.7 inch WVGA AMOLED Touchscreen, 512MB RAM and 512MB of flash memory, on the Nexus One. Both having 1GhZ processor.

Completely torn. I have never owned an Android Device, and I think it is about time. Will see hopefully come Jan. 5th.

Can't wait. :)

And if it is by invite only, I have had Google Wave and Google Voice invites directly from Google, so that is a good sign I hope. Then again, hopefully I will win the Nexus One in the contest. ;)

Edited by skyline247

Guest crystalgeyser

Hmm... I wonder...maybe us Hero owners can sell our phones to China (via eBay) or places where the Hero is still sought after (to get our money back and get the Nexus One). :)

The Xperia X10 will be on 1GHz snapdragon too, and being Sony Ericsson it will probably have better camera and camera app than HTC...

If all the speculation on timing roll out as they currently stands, we will have Nexus One next week, HTC Bravo Jan/Feb, Xperia X10 Feb..

I wish I can have them all...£££££...sigh....

Remember logistics are being handled by HTC - it could well ship to the UK from the UK.

P

Just wondering if there's anything behind that statement, as the leaked terms seem to be pretty adamant about import duties and US export laws, which would be a bit silly if they infact sent from the UK.

Guest squirreleater
Just wondering if there's anything behind that statement, as the leaked terms seem to be pretty adamant about import duties and US export laws, which would be a bit silly if they infact sent from the UK.

The word 'leaked' is the one, currently this phones doesn't officially exist so we can't honestly summise what will happen.

It will be a worldwide phone though , bit daft just sticking to the US.

Not long to wait, only 4 days and the forums/blogs will light up with facts and stats.

:)

The word 'leaked' is the one, currently this phones doesn't officially exist so we can't honestly summise what will happen.

It will be a worldwide phone though , bit daft just sticking to the US.

Not long to wait, only 4 days and the forums/blogs will light up with facts and stats.

;)

True enough, i have no doubt that it'll be a worldwide phone, i'll probably get it even if they send it from the US, but if they sent it from the UK, that would be sweet as there's no import fees between EU countries, not to mention i won't have to pay a lot in shipping fees :)

Guest Chris Jenx

Some one mentioned lack of multi touch. Thinking that the nexus and passion are going to be similar I'm wondering if we could port the multi touch from the HTC sense UI versions like cynogen has

At least I think we could try

Guest squirreleater
Some one mentioned lack of multi touch. Thinking that the nexus and passion are going to be similar I'm wondering if we could port the multi touch from the HTC sense UI versions like cynogen has

At least I think we could try

It'll have multi touch for sure, either officially or hacked in a few weeks.

Guest Dan Mullen
It'll have multi touch for sure, either officially or hacked in a few weeks.

AFAIK, the only reason people are saying that it isn't multitouch is because of a review where the reviewer said that multitouch wasn't working in Google Maps in the review handset.

1. It was a review handset, not necessarily a full-featured, final version.

2. They never said it wasn't multitouch in third-party apps, just in Google's apps.

I'll be amazed if it turns out not to have multitouch. It would make no sense whatsoever for HTC to build a device without a feature that so many "inferior" devices already have.

Guest cezent
AFAIK, the only reason people are saying that it isn't multitouch is because of a review where the reviewer said that multitouch wasn't working in Google Maps in the review handset.

1. It was a review handset, not necessarily a full-featured, final version.

2. They never said it wasn't multitouch in third-party apps, just in Google's apps.

I'll be amazed if it turns out not to have multitouch. It would make no sense whatsoever for HTC to build a device without a feature that so many "inferior" devices already have.

Its not about the hardware not supporting multitouch, its the legal issue between Google and Apple make pure android handset not legally allowed to directly support multi-touch in U.S. at the moment.

Handsets that are not U.S. based or have other software overlay (such as HTC Sense) can have multi-touch because its not affected by the legal dispute. That's why the European Milestone have mutitouch but not the U.S. Droid, and also HTC Hero have multitouch as part of Sense UI.

It really depends on if google choose to have the handsets globally have exactly the same feature (which is most likely in my opinion), or they can do a motorola milestone/droid, in which case we U.K owners might just be lucky.

Anyway there are always third party apps to get around the lack of multitouch...

Guest cezent

According to Times Online

"Reports suggest that the Nexus One will be sold online at around $500 (£310). The Times understands that it will be available initially in the US and later in Europe."..."Google is thought to have already approached T-Mobile and Vodaphone in the UK"

Dont like the sound of "available initially in the US and later in Europe" :)

Guest Chris Jenx

"Reports suggest that the Nexus One will be sold online at around $500 (£310). The Times understands that it will be available initially in the US and later in Europe."..."Google is thought to have already approached T-Mobile and Vodaphone in the UK"

Dont like the sound of "available initially in the US and later in Europe" :)

£310 in the UK, if its anywhere near that at launch that would we awsome.

But yeh the later in the UK will suck if thats true... hope not!

Guest crystalgeyser

Dont like the sound of "available initially in the US and later in Europe" ;)

You could have/make "a friend" in the US mail/sell you one. :)

You could have/make "a friend" in the US mail/sell you one. :)

The Device will be shippable from the US, so you just have to order it from the site here on the 5th.

It simply won't be a "european" version, i.e. with european/uk mains adapters and so on.

Guest cezent
The Device will be shippable from the US, so you just have to order it from the site here on the 5th.

It simply won't be a "european" version, i.e. with european/uk mains adapters and so on.

That would be a rather stupid business decision in my opinion...

Guest Rocky7

Where is my Nexus One ? I ordered it last night in my sleep and I received it in my email ... if only !

These next two months are going to be expensive. I don't want to buy another 3 phones but I know I will ...

Guest cezent

There has been various reports today that nexus one will be packed with spotify. google is apparently subsedizing part of the cost for spotify so that it can be ran in US with ad. However it seems only apply to US and European users need to have the premium services to use it. Sounds like a rip off for us based in Europe.....