Which 2.0 or 2.0.1 Custom ROM are you using?

Guest jayw08

Guest AndyCr15

I've tried r4 and the r6 someone linked with Apps2SD, both freeze on the splash screen when booting for the first time. Anyone else have this problem?

Guest masterpfa
Do I need to wipe before installing this upgrade? I tried without and it was freezing on the boot screen (with the colours swooshing in)

I'm not to experienced with Nandroid Backup, please correct me if this is wrong, but can I -

Nandroid Backup my 3.0 install

Wipe (not SD, just phone)

Install 2.01

Nandroid Backup

Try to see how I like

Wipe

Restore Nandroid of 3.0

This would put me right back where I was? The big question being will the Nandroid Backup undo the effect of the Wipe? I assume it does, thats what its for, right?

Hi

Once you have done a Nandroid Backup it will remember all the details of your build 'at' the time of the backup so if you wipe after a backup your data should still be safe.

To install any of these 2.0.1 or 2.1 ROMS you will need to perform a wipe PRIOR to installing.

So you should follow this process.

1)Nandroid Backup

2)Wipe

3)Install AOSP 2.0.1 or Lex's 2.1

4)Update the radio to 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 download

5)Try phone out

6)Once happy with install and you have installed all you need including contacts, apps etc back to AmonRa 1.5.2 recovery image

7)Nandroid Backup (P.S. make a note of the time and ref. no. for these backups)

If you would like to return to your MCR build you only need to do a Nandroid Restore

Hope this helps

:)

Edited by Paul

Guest masterpfa
I've tried r4 and the r6 someone linked with Apps2SD, both freeze on the splash screen when booting for the first time. Anyone else have this problem?

I didn't have this problem initially. On one occasion when I hadn't performed a wipe, I ended up pulling the battery, carrying out a Nandroid Restore then trying again

If you have a lot of apps on your screen initial boot may take some time anywhere between 5-10 minutes

Ensure you have completed a wipe before installing these ROMS

Edited by masterpfa

Guest AndyCr15

Very helpful, thanks. I pretty much did this, apart from the radio ROM, but I think I'm on that one already? Do I need to flash the radio again anyway?

Guest masterpfa
Very helpful, thanks. I pretty much did this, apart from the radio ROM, but I think I'm on that one already? Do I need to flash the radio again anyway?

Check, once the ROM has been installed.

Menu>Settings>About Phone

If the latest Radio 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 as stated here is present, you DO NOT need to re-install.

By default this ROM installs Radio 63.18.55.06JH_6.35.09.26

Guest masterpfa
Hero AOSP 2.0.1 r6 have a very serious bug... The BT headset for audio is broken.

How can you use a ROM with NO BT Headset support ?

Very true, but this ROM is experimental and personally as I do not use BT, for me obviously I haven't found this to be a problem.

I have until today, been using this ROM exclusively with only a few problems, none that made life too difficult.

The benefits for a HTC Hero user are the improved Market, Google Goggles etc and getting a chance to play with Google Maps Navigation

It does work in the UK although a bit of jiggery pokery required.

It's all a work in progress so will still be relying on Co-Pilot Live8

Remember these are still experimental, but hey what else are we here for and why were Nandroid Backups invented :)

OK time to try MCR 3.1 beta

B)

Edited by masterpfa

Guest fantasytozi

Hi guys, I joined this forum for quite a long time ago since I purchased my Hero and knew about Modaco Rom, but this is my first post.

I'm so happy with my Hero and Paul Rom and never came back to this forum since I downloaded MCR 2.9. But after Christmas break, I just wanted to check it out and honestly, I spent almost 3 days, just reading this forum. It's so great.

I cant wait for tomorrow to try out MCR 3.1, and maybe purchase ad free to try Kitchen stuffs too.

But before that, just want to ask a question, I'm currently running MCR 2.9, want to try this aosp 2.0 u guys r talking about. Looks so interesting. I also read on HTCpedia too, that u need to wipe all data, and even ur ext partition in order for this rom to boot. So, is there anyway to restore ur ext partition, cause I have a lot of app install on it and dont want to install one by one again in case back to MCR. I know I can backup ext using nandroid, but as far as I know, no option to restore ext partition though

Any advice?

Once again, many thanks for Paul's great work and great contribution from u guys

Cheers :)

PS: sorry if my eng is not good

Guest fantasytozi

Thanks :) . I already did it with AmonRA 1.5.2, but I saw there's no option to restore ur ext partition, only nandroid restore. I wonder what is Bart Backup is? Could u please tell me?

Guest masterpfa
Hi guys, I joined this forum for quite a long time ago since I purchased my Hero and knew about Modaco Rom, but this is my first post.

I'm so happy with my Hero and Paul Rom and never came back to this forum since I downloaded MCR 2.9. But after Christmas break, I just wanted to check it out and honestly, I spent almost 3 days, just reading this forum. It's so great.

I cant wait for tomorrow to try out MCR 3.1, and maybe purchase ad free to try Kitchen stuffs too.

But before that, just want to ask a question, I'm currently running MCR 2.9, want to try this aosp 2.0 u guys r talking about. Looks so interesting. I also read on HTCpedia too, that u need to wipe all data, and even ur ext partition in order for this rom to boot. So, is there anyway to restore ur ext partition, cause I have a lot of app install on it and dont want to install one by one again in case back to MCR. I know I can backup ext using nandroid, but as far as I know, no option to restore ext partition though

Any advice?

Once again, many thanks for Paul's great work and great contribution from u guys

Cheers B)

PS: sorry if my eng is not good

When I tried AOSP 2.0.1 the only wipe I carried out was to reset to factory default.

ROM then installed perfectly. I left my ext partition alone which meant my previously intalled apps were safe.

Guest fantasytozi

Thanks B) . I tried that, but what I got is the animation welcome screen stop. I waited for about 10' then pulled out the battery to restart. I tried to boot a second time but the result still the same :)

Guest masterpfa
Thanks ;) . I tried that, but what I got is the animation welcome screen stop. I waited for about 10' then pulled out the battery to restart. I tried to boot a second time but the result still the same :)

The only thing I can suggest is to back up your SD card to your PC before carrying out a full wipe data, SD and EXT

B)

Guest AndyCr15
Thanks B) . I tried that, but what I got is the animation welcome screen stop. I waited for about 10' then pulled out the battery to restart. I tried to boot a second time but the result still the same :)

I get this with a few of the 2.0 and 2.1 ROM's ;) Haven't found a solution...

Guest fantasytozi

Thanks. I succeed B) . But I found the Rom was too slow and laggy right from the start, so went straight back to MCR 3.1 :) .

But the 2.1 lock screen and the display improvement was quite interesting ;)