HowTo - WPA2 Enterprise on Pulse

Guest BigBearMDC

I didnt get it to work. I copied the file to my device, and put the GTE CyberTrust Blobal Root Certificate on my SD card. But I dont know how to get it to connect to the network. I do see the network, but asks me for some key, which is bullshit, as you never need this key using any other device to get on the network.

This is the link:

http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1374202/2

It is in dutch though, and it is a very confusing topic on a forum, as they discuss everything randomly. Didnt find anybody on there that got it to work. Also that file was originally meant for WiFi helper I think. But in my experience Wifi helper doesnt work for the pulse ><

Hope you can get it to work and tell me what to do :)

Will have a play when I am next time wasting at work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi All,

I'm currently running FLBMod 1.7 and am experiencing critical issues with the WPA Enterprise (802.1x) supplicant.

In essence, when trying to connect using the regular wifi manager (from the settings menu), upon typing in the password, the settings assitant crashes.

I tried to set the wifi AP manually using the instructions on this page (which worked when I was on the standard t-mobile 1.5 code) , however the wpa_supplicant.conf file at the indicated location appears to be either not-used or supplanted by something else. Eg I have a number of non enterprise APs configured, but the .conf file only has the following entry:

# modify for wifi baseline

update_config=1

ctrl_interface=DIR=/data/misc/wpa_supplicant GROUP=system

Where is the wpa supplicant config?

Is there a fix/workaround for the settings manager crashes when connecting to a WPA enterprise AP (other regular APs work ok)?

Thanks.

Hi All,

I'm currently running FLBMod 1.7 and am experiencing critical issues with the WPA Enterprise (802.1x) supplicant.

In essence, when trying to connect using the regular wifi manager (from the settings menu), upon typing in the password, the settings assitant crashes.

I tried to set the wifi AP manually using the instructions on this page (which worked when I was on the standard t-mobile 1.5 code) , however the wpa_supplicant.conf file at the indicated location appears to be either not-used or supplanted by something else. Eg I have a number of non enterprise APs configured, but the .conf file only has the following entry:

# modify for wifi baseline

update_config=1

ctrl_interface=DIR=/data/misc/wpa_supplicant GROUP=system

Where is the wpa supplicant config?

Is there a fix/workaround for the settings manager crashes when connecting to a WPA enterprise AP (other regular APs work ok)?

Thanks.

This is exactly what happened to me, but I did manage to solve the problem in the end. I thought I posted my findings somewhere so you may be able to dig them up. However, from memory I didn't need to mess arround with the wpa_supplicant.conf file (I found exactly the same as you) the solution was actually really simple. I am trying to wrack my brain to remember how I did it.........it was something silly like, if you scan for the network, connect and input the key it worked but if you tried to define the network first it crashed or possibly vice versa.

Edited by Dr Who

This is exactly what happened to me, but I did manage to solve the problem in the end. I thought I posted my findings somewhere so you may be able to dig them up. However, from memory I didn't need to mess arround with the wpa_supplicant.conf file (I found exactly the same as you) the solution was actually really simple. I am trying to wrack my brain to remember how I did it.........it was something silly like, if you scan for the network, connect and input the key it worked but if you tried to define the network first it crashed or possibly vice versa.

Great, thanks. So for the record, for anyone with this problem, go and config the SSID, etc manually via "add network" and NOT rely on tapping the scanned network.