[ROMS][THEMES] NuROMS - i910 DC22 & CF03

Guest waremike32

Guest ChrisColumbus

On the M2D theme is there a problem with video?? my camera cannot record video.. its still in the .3g2 format just will not record and says cannot read file.. Is this a known problem???

Guest arirang
Only minor UI things, like the operator showing in the lock taskbar and I think a new UI for unread SMS from the "text" titanium panel. However, there are some issues too, the font in the camera app is BOLD and makes reading it difficult.

I'll start really benchmarking these builds for performance today, to see which is fastest. But there doesn't seem to be anything among all these builds worth upgrading to honestly. 23518 has threaded email, office 2010, and is very fast/stable. 23519 shows no difference from 23518. I like the extra theme images from the WMD branch, but I'll just make a cab for it, since there's no reason to flash simply for a theme.

I hope I'm proved wrong here, but I'm getting sick of updating and flashing just to see build numbers and not any real enhancements. When there is something worthy of an upgrade, I'll do it.

In the mean time, I'm working on porting some new apps and features from other devices to incorporate into my roms, so hopefully I'll give myself a reason to update, and not wait for MS to do something significant.

If you do want to try new builds, you can always go with Lioryte's roms to see if you find any differences. The more people using these builds, the more likely we'll find something cool.

with all things being relatively equal, i seem to go back to the 282xx. it's not the fastest, nor makes UI leaps and bounds; however, it's stable and apps i've used since dozens and dozens releases ago still work.

Hi, maybe I'm missing something on FloTanV2.7, but I don't see the Personalizer under the Utilities section. Please advise. Thanks!

It should be under Utilities. If for some reason it isn't on your device I attached a cab for Personalizer

Personalizer_v2.0.cab

Guest JONBOMBO

I apologize if this has been addressed, but i looked and saw no one bring this up.

First off, im using the M2D only ROM.

Is it just me, or does the "X" button not close the program? Is there a setting i need to change or a program I need to add in order for this to take place. Whenever I check task manager there is a ton of stuff running. On previous versions I'm pretty sure the "X" button actually closed the program.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I apologize if this has been addressed, but i looked and saw no one bring this up.

Is it just me, or does the "X" button not close the program? Is there a setting i need to change or a program I need to add in order for this to take place. Whenever I check task manager there is a ton of stuff running. On previous versions I'm pretty sure the "X" button actually closed the program.

Thanks!

That issue actually has nothing to do with this particular ROM. It is a WM thing that by design the X only takes you away from the application and does not close it.

There are products that can change that behavior so anytime you tap OK or X it closes the application. My favorite that has worked for me is Showcase which I have attached.

ShowcaseSuite_1.1.0_QVGA_.cab

Guest jezze boi
I am not a flashaholic, no I am not, no for sure I am not.

But I would love to have a M2D only on the 28xxx just so I could flash again but 23518 is not bad at all.

yeah that would be nice to have 28205, 28217, or even 28223 with WareMike's customizations with M2D2

might keep me from flashing for a long time ;)

Guest sojrner
yeah that would be nice to have 28205, 28217, or even 28223 with WareMike's customizations with M2D2

might keep me from flashing for a long time :D

lol, until the next build floats out there you mean... you (we) say "give me 28205, that's all I need for a long time" and then immediately after that flash hear the siren-call of 28XXX +1 and the "long time" becomes "next day"...

hahaha ya, that is not a problem at all. We can stop at any time... we just don't want to right now. ;)

Guest sojrner

Thanks!

No worries man, it's all good.

Yes, as NilsE pointed out, WM has always been a true mutitasking OS. I could complain about many other design issues on WM, but this one is a big win for it IMO. By design the 'X' has never closed an app, it minimizes so you can run others. If you select the icon to run it, it will first bring up anything that is minimized. Unlike windows PC, it will only allow a single instance of a given program to run at a time but many programs can be open at once. An example of this practically is if you have a site you are looking up in Opera with info you need to enter into another app, say to copy-paste. You can do that easily by minimizing.

<cough> is there an app for that on the iphone? <cough> ;)

I too use showcase, it changes the 'X' to have two functions. A tap or tap-hold. One closes, one minimizes. Settings allow you to change which is which. Many other memory management functions. Solid app on newest version.

Guest JONBOMBO

Thanks so much for responses.

Kinda funny once I read all this. I do remember, some time ago, that the X button never closed anything. Well, since not being on a stock ROM in SOOOOO long, it seems that all the wonderful cooks had cooked some form of the "X to close" feature into the ROM. Thus, I never knew that the x button still did not in fact close the program. The last waremike ROM came with Showcase loaded in, which was fooling me into thinking that wm was doing this.

So, thanks again for your responses, this network of helpful people is truly rad.

Showcase it is for me.

Thanks!

Guest JoeyDVDZ

Hi all,

first, LOVE the rom, it's MUCH MUCH faster than what I was using before, and WiFi sharing works like a charm.

I can't seem to get the screen rotation working though. Can anyone help a fellow i910 geek out? Thanks for all your work, guys.

Guest JohnW44
Hi all,

first, LOVE the rom, it's MUCH MUCH faster than what I was using before, and WiFi sharing works like a charm.

I can't seem to get the screen rotation working though. Can anyone help a fellow i910 geek out? Thanks for all your work, guys.

Are you having problems with it working or finding the settings?

Guest rfarrah
Hi all,

Go to settings > system > motion sensor. Adjust however you like it.

Guest sojrner
Hi all,

default right from flashing is to tap the camera button and it will rotate. I kinda like that setting better since I've gone to this rom. That auto-rotate was annoying at times when I did not want it to flip on me.

meh...

Guest arizonaomnia

Anyone else have battery issues? I have Elecont Weather installed and updates once per day; Gmail updates every 30 minutes, and I have a corporate Exchange account with an active ActiveSync push connection. My screen brightness is set to the lowest setting, and screen rotation is off. I have PowerSave enabled for applications. I probably spend 1-2 hours web browsing each day, in addition to frequent text message and email usage. I see power users (no pun intended) claiming 2 days of battery usage; mine is generally beeping angrily at me by 7 PM and often reports being at 85% by 7:30 AM. Do you get good battery life, and if so, what settings do you use for it?

FWIW - I'm using NuROM Titanium Only. Same battery issues on Flotanium.

Guest waremike32
Hi Waremike,

Here is a nob question for you. Do I need to install Flash 7 or NetCompact Framework 3.5 to any of your roms?

Thanks in advance.

NET 3.5 is included. Flash 7 is not.

Guest kevkavalier

On the image below, What are those 3 rows between the clock and the pictures tab? Are there cabs for them or do they need to be cooked into a certain rom only or can I put them into any rom?

post-643927-1265600760_thumb.jpg

Guest sojrner
Anyone else have battery issues? I have Elecont Weather installed and updates once per day; Gmail updates every 30 minutes, and I have a corporate Exchange account with an active ActiveSync push connection. My screen brightness is set to the lowest setting, and screen rotation is off. I have PowerSave enabled for applications. I probably spend 1-2 hours web browsing each day, in addition to frequent text message and email usage. I see power users (no pun intended) claiming 2 days of battery usage; mine is generally beeping angrily at me by 7 PM and often reports being at 85% by 7:30 AM. Do you get good battery life, and if so, what settings do you use for it?

FWIW - I'm using NuROM Titanium Only. Same battery issues on Flotanium.

I also update gmail in the same interval. I however have activesync set to a 15 minute interval. The "active" setting (which I assume is the full-time connection that pulls as it is received) is probably what is eating your lunch. In the past I've used that setting, even on the stock rom and had dismal (at best) battery performance. Try setting it to even a 5 or 10 minute interval and I'll bet you notice a performance increase on life.

Other settings is that I've not tried powersave... not sure if that changes it at all or not, I just don't have any experience w/ it simply because I have not seen a need. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread many (including myself) use showcase task manager to keep things cleaned up so no apps are lingering in the background eating resources when they don't need to be.

I also surf perhaps a touch more than u but might get less on texts. My email traffic on exchange is quite large though during the week (work related) so that is the largest portion of my battery use I think. That is where I would look first for trimming if I were you.

Hope all that helps.

I am having problems sending emails. I can receive with no problems, but it won't send outgoing mail. No errors appear, it just leaves the mail in the outbox. I am using Att My yahoo email and have the correct ports and paths. Any ideas? Let me know if there is anything else I can provide for assistance.

***Problem Resolved****

I was having it automatically assign the outgoing and incoming servers...they were incorrect. By manually putting in the correct the servers everything works now. Thanks everyone for your input!

Edited by Ftlgh

Guest rfarrah
I am having problems sending emails. I can receive with no problems, but it won't send outgoing mail. No errors appear, it just leaves the mail in the outbox. I am using Att My yahoo email and have the correct ports and paths. Any ideas? Let me know if there is anything else I can provide for assistance.

I had this problem last week. Had to delete, then re-install the email account. Worked fine since then.

Hope this helps!