06/01 0.3.1 - Lickonn recovery image

Guest lickonn

Guest Amon_RA

Some things like copy log to SD are very familiar :) , would you mind sharing the source?

Also, why don't you compile busybox to be used as shell? That would have saved you lots of work and trouble in your scripts ;)

Edited by Amon_RA

Guest lickonn

Of course it is because this idea came from you, but i recode it (in fact i don't k now where to find your source). We know that some people don't know how to get the log in/tmp.

Edit : because i prefer bash shell ;) but i used busybox in scripts and recovery using symlink :)

Edit 2 : just found your source, let me clean mine and i will post them. But first i can show you the bloc which copy the log, that you can check it's not from your sources..

Edited by lickonn

Guest Seth Cold

ok tried... but seems i got no luck...

it supposedly flashes the recovery image... but when i use quickboot or the button combination, it shows me the acer logo, then the androids appear... and it reboots and boots normally... without showing me the recovery :S

what to do? is it because my phone is an HK phone (altough using emea rom, working with paul's alternate superboot??)

thanks in advance

Edit: i tried also using terminal and doesnt work either... i even repacked your recovery in the superboot files from Paul... for the windows adb noobs... here it is (attached, just add the recovery.img of your liking and run install-recovery-windows.bat ... coudnt add it too because of upload size restrictions in modaco)

let me know if it works for you (i take no responsibility :)), for me it says its ok, but then again, no recovery for me... just a reboot

Edit2 : i got this on the screen (dunno how, but may point some to help me )

Partition checksum

splash1:chksum =8ba9da08 OK

boot:chksum=8f8bbe03 !=00216b70 **fail**

recovery:chksum=5fe6046a !=00216b18 **fail**

system:chksum =bbe5b4a1 OK

=======

<<FAIL>>

QUICK UPDATE: the attached recovery.zip, the recovery windows flasher, worked perfectly for me ;)

recovery.zip

Edited by Seth Cold

Guest hdubli

it supposedly flashes the recovery image... but when i use quickboot or the button combination, it shows me the acer logo, then the androids appear... and it reboots and boots normally... without showing me the recovery :S

what to do? is it because my phone is an HK phone (altough using emea rom, working with paul's alternate superboot??)

thanks in advance

Edit: i tried also using terminal and doesnt work either... i even repacked your recovery in the superboot files from Paul... for the windows adb noobs... here it is (attached, just add the recovery.img of your liking and run install-recovery-windows.bat ... coudnt add it too because of upload size restrictions in modaco)

let me know if it works for you (i take no responsibility :)), for me it says its ok, but then again, no recovery for me... just a reboot

Partition checksum

=======

<<FAIL>>

this happens when u get into bootloader and press power again..some kind of system test run it seems..not to worry..can pull out battery ans reboot it to normal

Forget it, when I just wrote: "fastboot -i 0x0502 flash recovery recovery.img" it flashed it without problems :-)

Thanks for a good recovery image :-)

adb cant find my device and when I use this guide:

"1. Find the recovery image you want and MAKE SURE IT IS FOR YOUR PHONE (should say in where you download it what phone it is for).

2. Write down the filename of the recovery image EXACTLY as it is written (i.e. RA-Hero-Recovery-v1.2.2.img).

3. Put the recovery image file on the SD card (not in any folders).

4. Download Terminal from the Market if you don’t already have it and install it (there are a few different terminals in the Market some have an onscreen keyboard and some don’t experiment till you get one, also hold down Menu in some of them to bring up the onscreen keyboard if you don’t see it).

5. Open the Terminal program and type the following (with hitting enter at the end of each line):

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/name-of-recovery.img

6. In the above text, replace name-of-recovery.img with the name of your recovery image (make sure the .img is on the end).

7. Phone should pause for a second and then show you a new blank line. Turn it off and back on by holding down Home and Power to ensure it flashed correctly. Done."

It cant find the image file, anybody know why?

Edit: actually it says flash: not found

Is flash something that shall execute the command thats missing on my Liquid?

This worked like a dream on my Hero.

Guest D.Rosendahl

Thanks for the recovery!

This is the first android phone for me so I don't know how it's supposed to work but I can't really see the point with applying update.zip automatically when it's present. Since there is an option for applying the update.zip in the menu, wouldn't it be better to do it manually there. I want to be able to start in recovery mode without having to remove update.zip.

I started recovery, made a backup, moved update.zip to the sd-card and installed your 0.1 ROM. Since the ROM had the dhcp bug I wanted to restore to backup so I booted into recovery again. But then it applied the update.zip again... (Didn't destroy anything, but took some time)

Guest goa200
Thanks for the recovery!

This is the first android phone for me so I don't know how it's supposed to work but I can't really see the point with applying update.zip automatically when it's present. Since there is an option for applying the update.zip in the menu, wouldn't it be better to do it manually there. I want to be able to start in recovery mode without having to remove update.zip.

I started recovery, made a backup, moved update.zip to the sd-card and installed your 0.1 ROM. Since the ROM had the dhcp bug I wanted to restore to backup so I booted into recovery again. But then it applied the update.zip again... (Didn't destroy anything, but took some time)

yes agreed.

Very annoying that it applies updates automatically, can't really see the need for that

Guest Rocky7
yes agreed.

Very annoying that it applies updates automatically, can't really see the need for that

Agreed ... I was confused by this originally!

That aside, this is excellent !

Guest lickonn

You mean that the update process start without without your intervention ?? I don't understand...but be carrefull, the keys are very sensitive!

Guest Seth Cold

thanks in advance

let me know if it works for you (i take no responsibility :) ), for me it says its ok, but then again, no recovery for me... just a reboot

Partition checksum

=======

<<FAIL>>

ok got it fixed using acers room tool update and flashing emea 1004 rom, now i have new fastboot version, new radio A1-01.04.01 and working recovery (gonna flash yours now)

EDIT: Flashed with my posted windows recovery flasher, now with working lickonn's 0.3 recovery ;)

Edited by Seth Cold

Guest liquid_it
ok got it fixed using acers room tool update and flashing emea 1004 rom, now i have new fastboot version, new radio A1-01.04.01 and working recovery (gonna flash yours now)

Is there an official acer update tool???

And an official 1.004 rom?

Guest Seth Cold
Is there an official acer update tool???

And an official 1.004 rom?

go here: http://download.acer-club.ru/garbage/

download: ACER_A1_0.029.03_EN.zip and Acer_Liquid_1.004.00.zip , use the "ACER Download Tool [single]" from the first and browse for Acer_Liquid_1.004.00_EMEA_GEN1_T1_e1ca22a636bec3314f7262d08c87dbaf.bin in the "Original Image"box.

Use it under windows (tested ok in xp, did not work in win 7 x64) that's it!

Edited by Seth Cold

Guest D.Rosendahl
You mean that the update process start without without your intervention ?? I don't understand...but be carrefull, the keys are very sensitive!

Yepp!

* I have no usb-cable attached:

* Starting recovery with camerabutton, volume DOWN, power! (volume UP gives the same vibrate twice but only gives a black screen with the only option to remove battery)

* The recovery menu starts and below it following automatically starts (I have removed my update.zip, it flashes it when its present)

Build: lickonn.liquid-0.2Finding update package.

Opening update package...

E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip

(No such ...)

Installation failed

Its the same on mine.

Yepp!

* I have no usb-cable attached:

* Starting recovery with camerabutton, volume DOWN, power! (volume UP gives the same vibrate twice but only gives a black screen with the only option to remove battery)

* The recovery menu starts and below it following automatically starts (I have removed my update.zip, it flashes it when its present)

Build: lickonn.liquid-0.2Finding update package.

Opening update package...

E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip

(No such ...)

Installation failed

Guest Seth Cold
Can't find any update tool but a download tool.

Wanna explain how you upgraded your liquid?

my mistake, i wrote it wrong.. it is the download tool. use it to upgrade!!

Guest goa200
my mistake, i wrote it wrong.. it is the download tool. use it to upgrade!!

well i tried it and it didnt upgrade.

in original image did you choose 1.004 ?

Guest Amon_RA
Of course it is because this idea came from you, but i recode it (in fact i don't k now where to find your source). We know that some people don't know how to get the log in/tmp.

Edit : because i prefer bash shell B) but i used busybox in scripts and recovery using symlink ;)

Edit 2 : just found your source, let me clean mine and i will post them. But first i can show you the bloc which copy the log, that you can check it's not from your sources..

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind if it was, that's what open source is for, it's not a scene here...

I just thought it would be nice to see your source so I can "improve" my recovery :)

Guest Seth Cold
well i tried it and it didnt upgrade.

in original image did you choose 1.004 ?

i clarified the instructions:

download: ACER_A1_0.029.03_EN.zip and Acer_Liquid_1.004.00.zip , use the "ACER Download Tool [single]" from the first and browse for Acer_Liquid_1.004.00_EMEA_GEN1_T1_e1ca22a636bec3314f7262d08c87dbaf.bin in the "Original Image"box.

Hope u can make it this time, dont have to enter via bootloader, just use it with your phone in normal mode.

Guest nadoolau
i clarified the instructions:

Hope u can make it this time, dont have to enter via bootloader, just use it with your phone in normal mode.

It really helped me, thanks in advance!

Guest amdnikos
I still cannot get into recovery mode.

All I get is three vibrations using the hardware keypress (VOL DOWN + CAM + POWER)

when u got the 3 vibrations release instantly the buttons and wait like 4-5 seconds phone to boot.