06/01 0.3.1 - Lickonn recovery image

Guest lickonn

Guest umair9001

I had to use the alternate root method, flashed the recovery rom and no matter how many times I try I cannot get it to boot into recovery mode.

I get 2 vibrates and a black screen or 3 vibrates- acer logo, acer/android logo, acer logo, acer/android logo, boots normal.

I have done it with it plugged in, unplugged, etc...

tried quick boot with no luck...

build number:

Acer_Liquid_1.001.05_AAP_CSL

Same here..but i am unable to get into recovery mode still any help..i just upgraded to 2.000.16, but still the same.

How do i completely wipe off and re install 2.000.16?

Guest zehunter
Could someone please answer this question: Is App2sd possible on 2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1?

How? I have partitioned, but this test is not successful.

i'm i'm also interesting in using this recovery image with 2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1 ROM.

is it possible? can we have a list on the first post, of tested/not tested ROM ? :-) can help to know what we can and can not do :-)

Guest umair9001
i'm i'm also interesting in using this recovery image with 2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1 ROM.

is it possible? can we have a list on the first post, of tested/not tested ROM ? :-) can help to know what we can and can not do :-)

I am using the recovery image with 2.000.16 (custom rom from maximas), it works great.

For those who get the SU Request Screen stuck or blank, make sure you enable USB Debugging mode otherwise the SU Request Application fails to work.

The recovery itself works with 2.000.16. ;)

But how do you get app2sd to work? Do I have to install Lickonn coustom rom to get app2sd?

It only works with Lickonn's costum ROM.

Guest fay2002hifi

can't enter recovery mode.

if using "quick boot" it reboots but after some bad trying, the phone will boot into normal mode

volup + cam + power, or woldown + cam + power, it will vibrate 2 or 3 times, but nothing happens.

Guest umair9001
can't enter recovery mode.

if using "quick boot" it reboots but after some bad trying, the phone will boot into normal mode

volup + cam + power, or woldown + cam + power, it will vibrate 2 or 3 times, but nothing happens.

Check your build, if it is AAP_CSL, then you probably have to flash another rom on it.

I was having the same problem and flashed to 2.000.16, now i can enter recovery mode with quickboot ;)

Guest desmosedici

I'm trying to restore a backup, but it always return me an error (1 or 2 dots after starting) suggesting to try restore shell command. I've reflashed the recovery, but nothing's changed!

It never has done that, just since a few hours (no changes in rom, patches etc...) always the same.

Restore, from recovery, works only when connected with USB ;)

Edited by desmosedici

Guest Nova2.1

im having trouble getting the recovery image to do anything, ive flashed it to the device. "fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery.img"

using the hardware key combinations for recovery makes the screen go black for a sec them return to the charging state, using adb reboot recovery causes the system to reboot, flash acer, go black for a second, flash acer again, then boot normally. same effect when quickboot application is used.

more info on the device, origionally a Asia rom, friend near bricked it with failed superboot.. flashed to working state using European rom using acer tools. other than that it has metamorph themes and varios patches.. but that shouldnt have any baring on the recovery mode

a few hours of googling leads me to suspect that this recovery image may not work with asia import phones.

Edited by Nova2.1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest malez
I'm trying to restore a backup, but it always return me an error (1 or 2 dots after starting) suggesting to try restore shell command. I've reflashed the recovery, but nothing's changed!

It never has done that, just since a few hours (no changes in rom, patches etc...) always the same.

Restore, from recovery, works only when connected with USB :(

Have a look at this, just in case. May be it will work, as I rewrote many parts

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...zrecovery-v0-2/

Edited by malez

Guest malez
your recovery should have this sticky place...

Ask paul to sticky if you want. thank you for your support

Edited by malez