[UPDATED]: Samsung I7500 mustymod ROM (Android 2.0)

Guest mustymod

Guest Adi Cicurel

Hi,

The ROM is installed and is working great except the probably known issues

When connecting the device to the computer, i cant see the device using the SDK tools adb,

I am trying to install the hebrew fonts, is there a way to include it in next versions?

Additional issues:

3G not working.

Speaker phone has no sound

bluetooth not working

Thank you.

Edited by Adi Cicurel

Guest mustymod

After reading many forums about mustymod and me (some comments was about bitching over me, it's too sad) , I think i must explain some points:

First of all i didn't start mustymod for money or something else. I just wanted to have Android 2.0 on my galaxy.

After some progress at my project, i wanted to share it with other galaxy owners, because i think Samsung left us alone with our phones, at least i feel in this way.

Many people tried my rom and said "Great!", "Thanks!!!".. This was much enough to make happy almost every developer including me :)

I never asked people for "buy me a galaxy" or "donate me" and so i'll continue to develop.

But i got many messages which ask "where is donate button?" and i decided to put a donate button on forum.

Everything happened after that B) f*ckin paypal's way of behaving made me so much angry...

Anyway i still want my galaxy to eat eclair.. believe or not no matter...

That's the whole story

btw: i'm a fulltime worker and usually i can't have time to answer all messages (~400) in my inbox, sorry...

Edited by mustymod

Hi, we've started creating a team to port android 2.0 Why don't you join us ? (You can visit on #i7500 @ irc.freenode.net)

Else, will your work be open sourced ?

Guest mustymod

It's nice to see other devz without hope about eclair on galaxy working again..

Sorry but i'm not eligible to work with a team. this is just my hobby.. i've tried this with andromnia project until i brick my omnia :) (my nickname was sonique)

eheh

just one more thing... can you put your source files on a public repository? It would be very helpful to understand your mods and start from there

thanks

Guest dimitris-gr
After reading many forums about mustymod and me (some comments was about bitching over me, it's too sad) , I think i must explain some points:

First of all i didn't start mustymod for money or something else. I just wanted to have Android 2.0 on my galaxy.

After some progress at my project, i wanted to share it with other galaxy owners, because i think Samsung left us alone with our phones, at least i feel in this way.

Many people tried my rom and said "Great!", "Thanks!!!".. This was much enough to make happy almost every developer including me :)

I never asked people for "buy me a galaxy" or "donate me" and so i'll continue to develop.

But i got many messages which ask "where is donate button?" and i decided to put a donate button on forum.

Everything happened after that B) f*ckin paypal's way of behaving made me so much angry...

Anyway i still want my galaxy to eat eclair.. believe or not no matter...

That's the whole story

btw: i'm a fulltime worker and usually i can't have time to answer all messages (~400) in my inbox, sorry...

thanks again for your time and your work!!!!!

MustyMod, thank you again, that he decided not to stop the development of 2.0.

I very much hope that you can win 2.0 for our Galaxy.

and once again propose to consider other options for donations for you.

Edited by iliuxa

Hey musty!

I'm glad you are going on with your work on the 2.0-mod (especially when we all know, that "great" samsung is never gonna do this B) ).

And hey: you should not care about those few idiots who dissed you. they were probably just sad and upset about never having 2.0 on their phones. the overwhelming majority of the whole galaxy-community is very happy about your work and exited how your mod is going to develop!!

so thanks again for your work and your proceeding! of course i'll stay tuned and will be one of the first guys testing your new releases :)

Minutes ago in twitter:

SamsungFirmware We say it a couple of weeks ago. But he is coming a 2.0 update for the Galaxy lite. Allround Februari 2009! We think its also for the Galaxy

Just a rumour and -again- nothing official from Samsung :S

Edited by FLT

I really hope you can opensource this, so someone can fork it or try to write the missing drivers. If you want attribution, just put it under such a license which requires attribution and I'm sure no one will mind and they will respect this. I really hope this is possible for you, as I think something great can come out if it - one person cannot do everything. But if you put this on git, people can fork it and then whenever you fix something, people can merge that into their branch - so you will be collaborating without really collaborating. I'd donate if you did that and would really appreciate it.

Otherwise, great job so far, you deserve a badword medal :)

Edited by mrbrdo

Guest ClubViper
Samsung I7500 mustymod ROM (Android 2.0)

twitter

v1.02a Changelog (13/01/2010)

- Fixed external sdcard detection and modified settings.apk to support external sdcard

- Headphone support added

- Accelerometer (orientation), compass and proximity sensors added

- Modified homescreen to support screen orientation

- Experimental optimal performance and power saving modifications to kernel

Known issues:

- Handsfree is not working yet.

- Bluetooth, camera, gps and lightsensor not working.

- Gallery app missing. (Google didn't give us a gallery yet)

- Calendar sync never stops. (I hope newer version from google will solve this. Disable auto sync from settings)

- No 3D support

Next release plan:

- As much features as i can, so it may take more time ;)

Thank you very very much!!! Russia loves you B)

Can you add russian language in this Rom in future? please :)

Edited by ClubViper

Samsung I7500 mustymod ROM (Android 2.0)

twitter

v1.02a Changelog (13/01/2010)

- Fixed external sdcard detection and modified settings.apk to support external sdcard

- Headphone support added

- Accelerometer (orientation), compass and proximity sensors added

- Modified homescreen to support screen orientation

- Experimental optimal performance and power saving modifications to kernel

Known issues:

- Handsfree is not working yet.

- Bluetooth, camera, gps and lightsensor not working.

- Gallery app missing. (Google didn't give us a gallery yet)

- Calendar sync never stops. (I hope newer version from google will solve this. Disable auto sync from settings)

- No 3D support

Mustymod,

or anyone that can contact him, please tell him IK5 is out with much improved sensors. Thanks.

If you're reading, could you please also compile swap/netfilter support? Thank you.