[ROM] Lickonn Eclair Custom ROM

Guest lickonn

Guest Blinkerz
A tip to developer on this ROM, work on AOSP source rather than porting a eclair rom. Cleaner and easier to fix various issues.

true. I want to believe that Acer is going to release eclair sometime in the next 2 months

Dont worry Lickonn ... I think I can wait, I still have the 1.004 rom with your great 0.3 addon!!!

Thanks a lot for your work...

syncro.

ps: I can understand your few time... my job take me off to my sweet Liquid everyday :)

Edited by syncro

• 2 weeks later...

To fix SD you need the vold.config located in system/etc, you need the drmjava.bin from system/bin and the drmjava.lib located in system/lib. To fix sound you need the csv file located in system/etc (audiofilter.csv) make sure to also add the media files since the sdk doesn't have any. For camera fix use eclair the github code that hunter(think thats his name) created and make sure you use the oemcam.lib from liquid "you will have to build the source on your own (though the source is out :) )", and "last but not least" to reduce the lag on the liquid eclair launcher try deleting the eclair launcher and use the launcher from 2.0.1. might seem the same but really helps a lot, I haven't tried 2.1 launcher but I will. (TIP) Best clocked is at 900-950mhz, 1ghz seems to be a little unstable (maybe compiled wrong) eh oh well talk to me when you can.

Regards,

Angio~

Edited by Angio

To fix SD you need the vold.config located in system/etc, you need the drmjava.bin from system/bin and the drmjava.lib located in system/lib. To fix sound you need the csv file located in system/etc (audiofilter.csv) make sure to also add the media files since the sdk doesn't have any. For camera fix use eclair the github code that hunter(think thats his name) created and make sure you use the oemcam.lib from liquid "you will have to build the source on your own (though the source is out :) )", and "last but not least" to reduce the lag on the liquid eclair launcher try deleting the eclair launcher and use the launcher from 2.0.1. might seem the same but really helps a lot, I haven't tried 2.1 launcher but I will. (TIP) Best clocked is at 900-950mhz, 1ghz seems to be a little unstable (maybe compiled wrong) eh oh well talk to me when you can.

Regards,

Angio~

great angio,try to enable multitouch!! you are very good as I see

Guest lisinge
I wonder why you ask for a 2.X Rom... We'll have the 2.1 update in mid-March no?

Just a funny but childish thing bais, do you know that your nick means poop in Swedish? :)

Wow o_O.

Well bais is just the first four letters of my name.

But I think waiting the Acer's 2.1 update is the best option, this way we'll have a hopefully stable release.

Guest behnaam
i don't think that the official update will give us 1 ghz :) that's the main reason for me waiting impatiently for a cooked 2.1 rom hihi

Lets face it, the issue is that liquid linker binary use prelinked libs, meaning we have to locate all the memory adresses and add these to AOSP source, and even if u do, run a small diff on liquid build and a AOSP donut (note not even eclair build) and u will see that the difference is quite big. Meaning even trying to boot a AOSP build will give dependencies errors or wont even pass initial boot state. Now if lickonn did actually do this, then great, share the info to the community and make it go forward.

Not that I doubt lickonn in anyway but I would like to see a video of his AOSP eclair build running on a Liquid, since screenshots doesnt actually give us a furthur proof of concept (u can just run eclair on a WVGA android emulator and change build.prop around a bit and take screeny)

Guest Faithfullsdv
Lets face it, the issue is that liquid linker binary use prelinked libs, meaning we have to locate all the memory adresses and add these to AOSP source, and even if u do, run a small diff on liquid build and a AOSP donut (note not even eclair build) and u will see that the difference is quite big. Meaning even trying to boot a AOSP build will give dependencies errors or wont even pass initial boot state. Now if lickonn did actually do this, then great, share the info to the community and make it go forward.

Not that I doubt lickonn in anyway but I would like to see a video of his AOSP eclair build running on a Liquid, since screenshots doesnt actually give us a furthur proof of concept (u can just run eclair on a WVGA android emulator and change build.prop around a bit and take screeny)

behnaam i'm not an expert :) and i'm sorry if is wrong, but from AngioNV's Twitter i read that he has an "AOSP 2.1 that compile and boots fine on Liquid"... can you explain us ???

Thanks

--

Faith

Edited by Faithfullsdv