M2D ROM - Storm - CF03 - V2.0

Guest Rob Storm

Guest thedeathofme

Wow Rob... Awesome!

I've been using your other rom for a month or so now and just when I thought I was happy, you throw this in the mix :)

Guess I'm gonna have to give it a try

Anyone wanna post up some more screen shots please?

Edited by thedeathofme

Yes, it is an excellent tool. I like it so much I cooked it in Version 1.1 which is now updated in 1st post.

Credit for Manila2D Config goes to mpenguin

i dig it, needs my msn link to import contacts thou

Guest Spirits Keeper
Wow Rob... Awesome!

I've been using your other rom for a month or so now and just when I thought I was happy, you throw this in the mix :)

Guess I'm gonna have to give it a try

Anyone wanna post up some more screen shots please?

Here is the way it looks on my phone.

post-497681-1263807896_thumb.jpg

post-497681-1263807902_thumb.jpg

post-497681-1263807910_thumb.jpg

post-497681-1263807917_thumb.jpg

post-497681-1263807923_thumb.jpg

Guest thedeathofme

Thanks for posting the screen shots, but I gotta be honest. I couldn't even wait for someone to post... I flashed to this last night! :)

Going on Storm's track record I figured I didn't really need to wait it out for future updates, and I was right. This works great! Fast, slick, and easy to use. I love it Storm thanks!

ISSUES SO FAR (some may be posted above)

1. Weather says it's the proper city on the home screen, but it was raining lastnight and it showed cloudy so not sure this is right

2. If I go into the "Weather" tab and try and add my city, it's not available to chose. (never had this issue before)

3. "Photos" tab doesn't show photos even after setting a location

4. Adding apps to the "Programs" gets kinda screwed up for me. If I add something to the first column sometimes it ends up on the tab below it or the icon will change but the words under show the app previously installed to that location... Kinda strange and hard to describe, I'm hoping this one works itself out after a couple resets.

Other than those minor bugs, everything works wonderfully, I highly recommend

'

BTW... Anyone know how to add "Tasks" to the Home tab? Do I need a cab for that or is it not possible?

Edited by thedeathofme

Guest thedeathofme
Hi thedaethofme,

see if the M2D tool in settings can help :) (if you haven't messed with yet?)

:) :)

Yeah, I've been messing with the settings a bit. Can anyone explain how to add favorites to the "internet" tab after rerouting it to Opera 10 as the default?

Guest thedeathofme
You can also get your favorites to show on the internet tab by typing "opera:config" into the address bar and change the application path to point to where m2d looks for bookmarks.

Can you elaborate on this please. where does M2D look for bookmarks? Also where do I look to change path after I go into Opera's config menu?

Rob or anyone:

I have trouble seeing the unlock icon on the lockscreen .

This in mainly in semi-bright, room ,outside shade, or in a car.

I have to kind of hunt and peck to be able to activate the main screen.

Soooo,,, is their away to brighten up the lockscreen page or just the icon ?

Thank You

PS. I have the screen as bright as it will go,,,

Edited by kdkinc

Rob or anyone:

Thank You

What I did for now is to download one of the lock screens from Lioryte's thread (the T Model one). That way, I can see the little slider even in bright light. There are other choices in that thread, as well as several options from the omniarom.com site.

Rob or anyone:

Thank You

This came from Storms Base ROM thread:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...rom-storm-cfo3/#

The lockscreen background files are named:

1) lockeye.png (Portrait)

2) lockeyeL.png (Landscape)

Thought you might put a lighter background in the lockscreen.

Is anyone using this ROM with SPB Mobile Shell? I am noticing what I assume is a conflict between the way text messages are handled such that when I am in SPB screens, text messages I receive do not show up. I have to go to the Touch-Flo screen to be able to see my messages. Anyone else noticing this anomaly? Any suggestions of how to fix it?

Thanks...arniep

This came from Storms Base ROM thread:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...rom-storm-cfo3/#

The lockscreen background files are named:

1) lockeye.png (Portrait)

2) lockeyeL.png (Landscape)

Thought you might put a lighter background in the lockscreen.

worked great,( for me)

I tried model T lock screen first then modified the lockscreen png file. I just over brightened it so that I have a white square instead of a Model T. Looks ugly works great :)

Guest Danmandingo

hey rob. nice job. was never really a fan of M2D, but i'm actually diggin it now that i've been messing around with it for a few days. i just have a couple of questions. 1.is there any way to change backrounds on the lock screen? can i add my own? 2.i saw that u just released a new base rom. any plans on cookin up a base M2D? once again, much thanks to u and all of the other chefs for all your time. keep it up!

This may be personal preference but advanced config 1.1 to fix some of the more non standard issues like splash screens, power settings, etc work beatifully with this rom. just saying.

Hey Rob...( Hope all is well )

Been awfully quiet as of late :) :)

I hope that you haven't got captured by that GREEN ROBOT

Anything on the stove???

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Patrick P
Is anyone using this ROM with SPB Mobile Shell? I am noticing what I assume is a conflict between the way text messages are handled such that when I am in SPB screens, text messages I receive do not show up. I have to go to the Touch-Flo screen to be able to see my messages. Anyone else noticing this anomaly? Any suggestions of how to fix it?

Thanks...arniep

Hello... I am using SPB Mobile shell 3.5 as well and cannot see the text messages there as well. Have to drop out to touchflo to make it work.

Guest Rob Storm
Hey Rob...( Hope all is well )

Been awfully quiet as of late :) B)

I hope that you haven't got captured by that GREEN ROBOT

Anything on the stove???

B) ;)

I'm back. Have been out of town for a few days. Come tomorrow I may have do dust off the stove and fix up something. :D

PS: No green robots here!

Guest wf_2021

Hello Everyone,

Great rom but I have a slight problem that is really annoying me. When I go to click or choose something it picks something else so I thought maybe my screen alignment is out of sync so I did screen alignment and it just keeps on going on and on and on it never ends and never says screen aligned. I was curious if anyone else had that problem and if it is fixable? I notice it the most in opera/ie and on the dialer when typing in numbers.

Guest rfarrah
Hello Everyone,

Great rom but I have a slight problem that is really annoying me. When I go to click or choose something it picks something else so I thought maybe my screen alignment is out of sync so I did screen alignment and it just keeps on going on and on and on it never ends and never says screen aligned. I was curious if anyone else had that problem and if it is fixable? I notice it the most in opera/ie and on the dialer when typing in numbers.

Just a suggestion: have you tried a hard reset?