M2D ROM - Storm - CF03 - V2.0

Guest Rob Storm

Guest gorf1000
Do a google on "screen digitizer" issues also on this site it may be the issue your having.

Does it happen with other roms?

;) :D

I haven't had this issue on other ROMs. I've always run storm's regular ROM's and had no problem realigning the screen, this is the first M2D ROM I've tried.

Rob, got one major problem with M2D on this ROM: I can't seem to add more than 18 programs on the launcher tab. I can give it plenty of rows via the M2D Config, but it will only let me add 18 of them. When I try to add anything beyond the 18th icon, I can click the + icon, pick the program to add, but then it never appears on the launcher tab. That's a major problem for me as I like to have most of my 'favorite' apps on the launcher.

/Chimp (Tom)

I haven't had this issue on other ROMs. I've always run storm's regular ROM's and had no problem realigning the screen, this is the first M2D ROM I've tried.

Must be a software conflict with something you have added..

Read post #97 add try NiLsE theme worked great for me .

Guest gorf1000
Must be a software conflict with something you have added..

Read post #97 add try NiLsE theme worked great for me .

I had to do the trick with changing the MaxCalError in HKLM/Hardware/DeviceMap/Touch then doing the alignment. Everything's perfect now.

Guest PUstudentNDfan

This is probably a stupid question, but this is my first m2d rom so bear with me. Why is it that when I click on the "launch browser" button the photo of earth turns blue like i clicked it but does nothing? I have Opera installed and want to set it to open with this function but I am unable to do so. I am sure the rom is fine and I am doing something wrong, I just can't figure out what. thanks in advance

Guest snapz54
This is probably a stupid question, but this is my first m2d rom so bear with me. Why is it that when I click on the "launch browser" button the photo of earth turns blue like i clicked it but does nothing? I have Opera installed and want to set it to open with this function but I am unable to do so. I am sure the rom is fine and I am doing something wrong, I just can't figure out what. thanks in advance

go to M2DC in settings>system and go to the internet tab and set your default browser.

Guest illioilli

Storm, this ROM absolutely kicks arse! ;) Wondering though if you had made any tweaks/changes to the GPS functionality? I have only been able to get a fix once with Bing and Google Maps, using "GPS Int. driver/windows managed" and also once manually setting it to COM8 in the Bing/GM settings. Any known issue with that or know of a good fix/tweak I can do to get a faster fix with more sats? Thanks for helping the noobs! :D

Storm, this ROM absolutely kicks arse! :D Wondering though if you had made any tweaks/changes to the GPS functionality? I have only been able to get a fix once with Bing and Google Maps, using "GPS Int. driver/windows managed" and also once manually setting it to COM8 in the Bing/GM settings. Any known issue with that or know of a good fix/tweak I can do to get a faster fix with more sats? Thanks for helping the noobs! :D

try google maps 4.0 it flies on my i910 using this rom.

:lol: :lol:

Guest renee613

u can use m2dc to set your default internet. and the globe in the internet tab will go to it when clicked.

Guest Rob Storm
any word on photo tab boss?

Photo tab now working! Working on finishing a new ROM. 23534 with the updated IE from 28230. This new ROM will also seamlessly allow you to switch between the Titanium and TouchFlo interfaces.

:D

Photo tab now working! Working on finishing a new ROM. 23534 with the updated IE from 28230. This new ROM will also seamlessly allow you to switch between the Titanium and TouchFlo interfaces.

Great, can't wait to try it.

Thanks.

Cool, now I am waiting with baited breath! :D BTW. will you also cook a 'plain' 23534 ROM also (Titanium only)?

/Chimp

Guest snapz54

do it buddy!

waiting.... waiting... waiting... :D

Guest MotoShane

Rob, would you mind giving a rough ETA for this release (e.g. a few days, a few weeks, or longer)? I'm not trying to rush you and I know it can be tough to give an estimate. I'm asking because I was going to flash my phone this weekend. If you will most likely release your new ROM sometime in the next week, I will probably hold off and wait for it.

Guest hollingshead

Hi Rob,

This is my favorite ROM yet for the Omnia. Thanks very much. but I'm stymied trying to get the Internet tab to work. The YouTube button below works fine, but no other button does anything other than respond to being pressed. If it needs to work by pressing a button for each bookmark, I could live with that, but I'd rather just press that big globe button and have it load my homepage. Now I can't find a way to add more bookmarks and I can't get anything else to work. Any suggestions?

If I load IE off the menu page, it works fine, by the way, but I'd rather use your cool interfacr.

Thanks again for your great work. I might just keep this one for the duration.

Best,

Kevin

Oops, sorry. I missed the newer pages where the M2dc is explained. Still having a little trouble getting M2dc to respond, but I'm sure I can muddle through eventually. Thanks.

Edited by hollingshead

Guest MotoShane
Hi Rob,

This is my favorite ROM yet for the Omnia. Thanks very much. but I'm stymied trying to get the Internet tab to work. The YouTube button below works fine, but no other button does anything other than respond to being pressed. If it needs to work by pressing a button for each bookmark, I could live with that, but I'd rather just press that big globe button and have it load my homepage. Now I can't find a way to add more bookmarks and I can't get anything else to work. Any suggestions?

If I load IE off the menu page, it works fine, by the way, but I'd rather use your cool interfacr.

Thanks again for your great work. I might just keep this one for the duration.

Best,

Kevin

I haven't loaded this ROM yet, so take this worth a grain of salt, but have you tried setting the browser using Manila2D Config?

Guest soccerdude

Storm, I love your 23529 ROM. I was using MS but M2D allows me to get to things with less touches. You got just the right programs in your ROM, too - saved me a ton of time.

Does anyone know a way to show owner information on either the lockscreen or before the lockscreen? I really would like to have that displayed where someone who finds my phone could see it.

Thanks!

Soccerdude

Guest LordSith

I've been using this ROM for a few weeks now, and must say "It's the best I've flashed to date!"

Great work on it, and I love it.

1 question though, is there a simple way to get the flashlight back working? I tried going into the settings, and told it to activate upon holding the vol down button, but it didn't turn on. It's just a handy feature, and actually have needed a few times lately. LOL

Also, not really a bug, but something I find funny. Has anyone else noticed that when your jumping through screens, then go back to the home screen, that the time is 1:02 hours off, then quickly catches up. It's actually funny to watch.

Guest MotoShane
Storm, I love your 23529 ROM. I was using MS but M2D allows me to get to things with less touches. You got just the right programs in your ROM, too - saved me a ton of time.

Does anyone know a way to show owner information on either the lockscreen or before the lockscreen? I really would like to have that displayed where someone who finds my phone could see it.

Thanks!

Soccerdude

I bet you could do this by changing the lockscreen background (make a custom image that shows the message you want). I'm not sure how to change the lockscreen background...I bet you can find out by googling it. You could also use s2u2 which lets you select the background.

I've been using this ROM for a few weeks now, and must say "It's the best I've flashed to date!"

Great work on it, and I love it.

1 question though, is there a simple way to get the flashlight back working? I tried going into the settings, and told it to activate upon holding the vol down button, but it didn't turn on. It's just a handy feature, and actually have needed a few times lately. LOL

Also, not really a bug, but something I find funny. Has anyone else noticed that when your jumping through screens, then go back to the home screen, that the time is 1:02 hours off, then quickly catches up. It's actually funny to watch.

RE: Time, Its does that by design..

:D :D