Modaco Exclusive: WM 6.5.X Build 23551 WORKING STOCK ROM- V3

Guest lioryte

Guest motohead

So I got it to work finally... I guess I had a corrupt image I was trying to flash over. Also had to tap the top of the screen.

Another thing... Does any one have a problem with the getting started menu? Whenever I try to navigate on that screen, it hangs and wont change anything just scrolls up and down. It does the same thing on my girlfriends i910. Other then that I love this ROM.

Guest Stealth Pope
Hey, I was wondering, does this ROM include the "hold the end key" to end data transmissions? I am a big fan of that.

Can anyone let me know if this ROM has the ability to end data connections by holding the END key?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest kevkavalier

Please consider doing version 3. We need it.

How about a stock rom All-in-one (AIO) like the M2D one? Then we could add it to any upgrade rom base.

Or......using the XDA_UC folder, putting all the cab files into the XDA_UC/SD sub folder, then we could pick and choose which to install and which not to. All working cab files could be placed into Post #2 so that everybody could pick and choose what to add to their rom.

Is there one central location with all cabs and their descriptions? This would even include all reg files and fixes for us dumb non-programming intellects- ha ha!

Guest robertjm

Don't know if you figured it out, or not, so figured I would respond.

On your keyboard you should see a key that says XT9 on it. If you click that and change it to ABC, and then type backwards to get rid of the current suggestion, it should work just fine from now on.

Personally, I can't stand the XT9 keyboard. Drives me absolutely nuts!! One of the first things I'll be doing once I get up the nerve to cook my own ROM will be to ban that keyboard from existence. <_<

Robert

I like it especially since it was my first flash from stock. The only thing I cannot find is the keyboard options so I can turn off the suggested wording.

Guest robertjm

First off, like everyone else, I need to give you and Wozzar a BIG thanks for this. I'd always wanted to upgrade my Omnia to WM6.5, however, had so much stuff on it that I decided not to. Then when I had to get my phone replaced by way of Asurion (busted screen) I decided to immediately take the plunge.

Couple of things to report:

1 - Samsung Widgets, how to set?? - I chose this ROM because it said the Samsung Widgets were included. Now after trying the normal WM6.5 menu I am not so interested in using them, but I'd love to know how to turn them back on? They didn't pop up immediately like I expected them to, and I have no idea on how to turn them on.

2 - Cannot set ringtone. When I select the Change Ringtone option it sits there and sits there. Other than clicking on it, is there something I'm missing that I need to do?

3 - I realize this is a "stock" ROM and Lord knows I don't want to weigh in on what the definition of stock is, but I would like to make the suggestion that you add OmniaThread to it. One of the maddening things that the Omnia does is nest msgs so its not easy to read them like previous Samsungs did (i700 and i730). OmniaThread lets someone change back to the way it used to be by the click of a button.

OmniaThread thread at Modaco

Thanks again! I'm sure I'll be trying your other handy work in the future when I try cooking up a ROM myself.

Guest klinc

Thank you much for this stock ROM. I have been using a couple days and love it. Before, I was using one of wozzer's original stock ROMs. Keep up the good work!!

Guest arizonaomnia

Okay.....

So I downloaded smaury's Easy Visual Kitchen (the latest) and I want to extract this ROM into it so that I can at least see the nine million reasons why this is over my head. :-) I'd like to give a shot at removing some items myself from this ROM, if possible, so that I can use it and have more available device memory. Of course...what I need is an exe file, according to all of the handy instructions for the Kitchen.

yes....big giant newb.....BUT.....where is the extra step I need to take to turn the .bin file for this ROM into a file that is able to be opened by this kitchen?

Guest Compuvac
Geting an error on VZappzone saying this phone is not supported

I am having the same problem...

I have subscribed to visual voice mail and was trying to download it, without luck.

Does anyone has the untouched version of this room?

Guest Levi H.

First of all I'm going to say that I really like this ROM and the effort you guys put into it. However, there are a few issues that maybe you guys could fix pretty please?

1. I love how the music player is integrated on the home screen and that you can simply swipe it and click to move to next song. However, doing this doesn't work when its on shuffle, it keeps switching to the next song in the library, usually by the same artist and same album. If you could make it so that when you put shuffle on, it is shuffled from there too.

2. At the bottom of the homescreen for the "favorites tab" could you make it default to Opera Browser? Internet Explorer is terribly slow, and I think we can all agree on that.

3. Perhaps add a touch sensitivity tweak? Make the phone a little more finger friendly.

4. Eliminate, and I mean destroy, any remnant of the ugly looking Main Menu, I hate how it's an "application" when you hit the windows button. It pops up in some other places as well.

5. ALSO, this is probably my most wanted idea. Like in SPB Mobile Shell, perhaps you could pin programs to the homescreen list. I would like to have camera, task manager, settings and some other stuff to be a swipe and click away.

Thanks. I am really loving the homescreen.

Guest cuttinheadz

ok i don't know if it's this rom or something else, but this is the second time i have powered on my phone and had my storage wiped out almost completely. has this happened to anyone else? i've lost a lot of family pictures and stuff everytime this happens, so if it's the rom i'm gonna go back to the stock. but if not, i'd really like to find out why this is happening. any help is appreciated, thanks in advance

Guest lioryte
I am having the same problem...

I have subscribed to visual voice mail and was trying to download it, without luck.

Does anyone has the untouched version of this room?

This is a custom ROM there is no untouched version. You might want to go back to CF03

Hi Liorite,

Any word on version 3 yet?

Sorry it takes time but no V3 yet I have to find time for it

First of all I'm going to say that I really like this ROM and the effort you guys put into it. However, there are a few issues that maybe you guys could fix pretty please?

1. I love how the music player is integrated on the home screen and that you can simply swipe it and click to move to next song. However, doing this doesn't work when its on shuffle, it keeps switching to the next song in the library, usually by the same artist and same album. If you could make it so that when you put shuffle on, it is shuffled from there too.

2. At the bottom of the homescreen for the "favorites tab" could you make it default to Opera Browser? Internet Explorer is terribly slow, and I think we can all agree on that.

3. Perhaps add a touch sensitivity tweak? Make the phone a little more finger friendly.

4. Eliminate, and I mean destroy, any remnant of the ugly looking Main Menu, I hate how it's an "application" when you hit the windows button. It pops up in some other places as well.

5. ALSO, this is probably my most wanted idea. Like in SPB Mobile Shell, perhaps you could pin programs to the homescreen list. I would like to have camera, task manager, settings and some other stuff to be a swipe and click away.

Thanks. I am really loving the homescreen.

1. It's a WMP thing. I'll look into it

2. Yes will do for next version

3. Yes I have tweaked it in my BASE version, same will apply in the next version

4. Not sure I follow you- which one are we talking about?

5. This is stock version, you can use titanium/ whatever and pin them to the list. But why not just move them in main menu? just move them to the top? I have an Idea though. We'll see next version

Oh and perhaps make Touch Player the default player instead of WMP?

Yes next version

what happened to V3 with omnia lite skin and not old omnia i910. It would be nice if you could.

thanks,

I never said anything about omnia lite skin version. It won't be STOCK if I did that :P

With that being said since this is a public service project, is there a demand for omnia lite skins?

ok i don't know if it's this rom or something else, but this is the second time i have powered on my phone and had my storage wiped out almost completely. has this happened to anyone else? i've lost a lot of family pictures and stuff everytime this happens, so if it's the rom i'm gonna go back to the stock. but if not, i'd really like to find out why this is happening. any help is appreciated, thanks in advance

Not a ROM issue. Sorry

What happend to this project? and where are the links to the roms?

This project is on hold as I have no time to play with it- As well as my Model T ROM :( Only my base ROM is active right now (not as much as I'd like it to be). I hope I can get a new version out sometime soon. As for Q#2-

Images and Download- click on the image to download (taken from post 1)

I would like to apologize to everyone that waits for V3. I honestly have no time right now. I will try to find some time for V3.

Notes I have for V3 so far

wlanautoloader- This will stabilize WiFi engine

old themes out- They are WM 6.1, I'll add stock and lioryte's WM 6.5 themes

file explorer ext in- Better file explorer

map opera as default browser

make touchplayer default player

And maybe change original Omnia to Omnia lite (all apps can be seen HERE) if there is enough demand for it

Guest Levi H.

Thanks Lioryte for the responses. I think V3 will probably be the best ROM release for the Omnia evar! Eager to see what your new idea for the homescreen tabs is =)

Guest skinneejoe

This version of Windows Mobile will expire on 5/1/2010.

I just got this message last night on my phone and my wifes phone. We're both running your V1 ROM. Is the beta "time-bomb" still active for this ROM? Or will 5/1/2010 come and go without a problem? Not sure what to do here... any advice would be great!