Your Home Screenshots ! *Hero*

Guest Marcony0

Guest Vido.Ardes
My primary home screen + app drawer ;) (This is HTC Hero)

Ya can't just say that and not tell us how! I have been hacking around that launcher2.apk for ages and I can't make head nor tail of it...

Come on, you know you want to share :D

Guest paulosman
Ya can't just say that and not tell us how! I have been hacking around that launcher2.apk for ages and I can't make head nor tail of it...

Come on, you know you want to share ;)

I think you might wanna look here mate

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=6

it works pretty damn well, very fast. not perfect, the fading part of the icons at the top/bottom doesnt show but its still very nice and quick. i'm using it atm

Guest Revoked

I could re-enable the top/bottom stuff, but it's glitchy and misaligned...

Currently the 2.1 roms have an old version of the renderscript and a

crappy GL driver thats causing memory allocation issues.

This means that:

1. Gallery & Camera based apps (which need a ton of memory aswell) will crash the launcher and cause a softboot.

After some testing I was able to prevent these boot loops by having Gallery allocate a huge amount of memory.

To do that I opened a big picasa folder and let all the images load.

After that i was able to close gallery and it would not softboot anymore... I haven't found a way to fix the code so....

It seems that OpenGL tries to use the memory already allocated, in case of closing the Gallery without making it

alloc more, launcher 2 has to alloc more and this fails for some reason...

2. Not using the Gallery or Camera apps for a few minutes after a reboot also adds stability.

Edited by Revoked

Guest paulosman
I could re-enable the top/bottom stuff, but it's glitchy and misaligned...

Currently the 2.1 roms have an old version of the renderscript and a

crappy GL driver thats causing memory allocation issues.

I'm reasonably savvy with playing with apk's and their contents but not so much with scripts and whatnot so forgive my ignorance but I just wondered if the issues you mentioned above would be able to be resolved once the rom/source code for 2.1 on Hero is released. Or is it simply an issue with the Hero not being as butch power-wise as the Nexus or Droid?

Either way, blinding work with it so far and its more than usable for me (as I dont use the Camera/Gallery that much). I've had no soft reboots loops yet *touch wood* and I love that its faster than the stock Launcher!

Oz

Edited by paulosman

Guest Revoked
I'm reasonably savvy with playing with apk's and their contents but not so much with scripts and whatnot so forgive my ignorance but I just wondered if the issues you mentioned above would be able to be resolved once the rom/source code for 2.1 on Hero is released. Or is it simply an issue with the Hero not being as butch power-wise as the Nexus or Droid?

Either way, blinding work with it so far and its more than usable for me (as I dont use the Camera/Gallery that much). I've had no soft reboots loops yet *touch wood* and I love that its faster than the stock Launcher!

Oz

There's a good chance that it'll indeed get resolved by the 2.1 hero upgrade, but theres also a chance that HTC won't include renderscript at all.

Guest sinnadyr
I only use 4, the 3rd one from the left is the centre one. It's MCR 3.2b2 with black eclair 1.3 metamorph theme by kosworld:

http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=35701#post35701

It includes eclair icons and the lockscreen.

The wallpaper is on zedge.

How do you get that settings widget? With the wifi and bluetooth and all? Have installed the eclair theme myself, but I cannot find that exact widget :S I WANT IT!

Guest Villarous
How do you get that settings widget? With the wifi and bluetooth and all? Have installed the eclair theme myself, but I cannot find that exact widget :S I WANT IT!

He is running Modaco 3.2 which is based on 2.1 Eclair, and thats why he has the fancy on and off buttons.

While Modaco 3.1 is based on 1.5 Cupcake, and 1.5 as you might know does not have those fancy buttons but single buttons for each setting.

But if you have installed exactly THAT black eclair theme you should have those buttons because its made for Modaco 2.x+, as said on thread title.

Guest padstar
He is running Modaco 3.2 which is based on 2.1 Eclair, and thats why he has the fancy on and off buttons.

While Modaco 3.1 is based on 1.5 Cupcake, and 1.5 as you might know does not have those fancy buttons but single buttons for each setting.

But if you have installed exactly THAT black eclair theme you should have those buttons because its made for Modaco 2.x+, as said on thread title.

Modaco 3.2 is still 1.5 cupcake build. 2.1 Eclair will be Modaco 4.0 when it gets an official release.

Ahh, could be because I'm only on 3.1! Too bad I can't afford ad-free. :(

Although student loan comes in soon... XD

EDIT: I'll add my shots here, anyway... Better than reading about Numerical Analysis...

Also, I do have favourites, I thought I'd screenshot it quickly before they loaded so I didn't have to blank them out ;D I don't just have that there uselessly!

Another EDIT: Updated my screens and I got my lockscreen working. Woo. ;)

Really like the lock screen picture. Please can you tell me where you got it? :D