21/Oct Stock ROMs - ERD79 -> FRG83 images / zip / online kitchen (optional root / insecure)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Michael Spencer Jr.

But . . . this is Linux. Use the source, Luke!

(.ko files are kernel device driver modules, which are specific to a particular build of kernel. Someone else compiled a "magic" device driver capable of doing what you need, but it was designed for an older kernel. The only thing stopping us from using the current kernel source with appropriate kernel options to create all new sets of modules is . . . what exactly?)

(The only thing stopping me from shutting my mouth and compiling it myself is . . . the same what exactly? :-) )

Edited by Michael Spencer Jr.

Guest chupchik
I bought a Nexus One from someone and could not install the OTA update from google.

it appeared it has been flash to a custom modaco rom

I would like to restore it to stock

I downloaded the stock rom in image format two times and it appears to be corrupt (not unzipping)

Any other host I can download it from?

Please help

Same problem:

md5sum.exe 22607-ERD79-update-nexusone-stock-images.zip

bef86698cafc88ca03fff5758571d9d6 *22607-ERD79-update-nexusone-stock-images.zip

I tried downloading the stock images several times. is always finished with the above md5sum.

I can't open the zip. can you verify this is the correct file?

Regards.

I have baked the superboot-himem and tried to flash using various methods but I keep getting 'signature verification failed'

I simply downloaded after baking then added to my SD card, renamed to 'update.zip' and did the usual reboot recover etc.

Any ideas?

Guest Michael Spencer Jr.

Disclaimer: I'm a relative newbie to this forum but I'm fairly technical and fairly confident what I'm saying is correct. Still, please DO NOT follow my instructions until you hear independent confirmation from someone experienced. Hopefully right after my post.

Short answer: you need to flash a new recovery system onto your recovery partition, then try to apply the update again. Try the RA-nexus recovery image, found here.

Long answer: The stock Google-provided recovery system attempts to verify the signature of any update.zip you give it, so it will only apply Google-signed update packages. Other users have created more capable recovery systems you can install instead. For these various third party update zip files to work, you will need to use one of these other recovery systems. Be very careful when installing a new recovery system: while USB-tethering and fastboot is truly your LAST line of defense if you happen to make a mistake, your recovery partition is the only method your phone has for updating core operating system features without being tethered.

That said, the RA-nexus recovery system linked above has been tested and used by myself and by many others on this forum, and there's a good reason it's in a stickied topic. Download that, and also download a tool that can compute file hashes and give you an md5sum. MD5 sum checking is important here because if your download has a problem or your PC somehow corrupts the file in unanticipated ways, you could potentially, temporarily ruin your recovery partition. (Many other update methods have signature verification built in, but this one doesn't.) You should obtain a tool for calculating the md5sum of the file you downloaded, and then check that md5sum against the sum in the text of the web page you downloaded the file from. If the sum matches, go ahead and reboot into fastboot mode and follow the directions on that page to install the RA-nexus recovery system onto your phone's recovery partition.

Then use the new recovery system to apply the new update.zip. (As a matter of fact, while the Google recovery system only handles properly signed files and the files must be named update.zip, the RA-nexus recovery system will install any zip file that happens to be on the root of your SD card. It doesn't have to be named update.zip.)

Does that help?

(Also, to the experts who were going to answer this question: if I did a good job, reward me by replying to my thread. At your leisure though: rom kitchens and end user support come first. Those things help everyone; explaining internals to me only helps me, and maybe a few other nerds who happen by.)

Guest ReGGaEt0N
Same problem:

md5sum.exe 22607-ERD79-update-nexusone-stock-images.zip

bef86698cafc88ca03fff5758571d9d6 *22607-ERD79-update-nexusone-stock-images.zip

I tried downloading the stock images several times. is always finished with the above md5sum.

I can't open the zip. can you verify this is the correct file?

Regards.

Unzip using winrar. Worked for me.

Guest ReGGaEt0N

I am in the process of erasing user data and cache partition.

Fingers crossed.

It is normal to take long? It has been well over 5 mins.

EDIT: Using fastboot.

I confirmed the device. It says erasing 'userdata'...

I noticed the phone isn't charging while under bootloader. Should I be worried. I have a little over 50% charged.

Edited by ReGGaEt0N

I didn't realise I had to flash a new recovery partition so yes, it did help thank you.

Once I'm home later I will try it out and see if I can flash my device using a baked ROM.

Has anyone else had a problem where their camera now says 'please insert SD card before using camera' - when your settings dialog clearly recognises that you have an SD card and no other apps have a problem using it?

Guest leemafox
That's because the himem superboot flashes a new wireless ko. Flash back to a non-himem main image (not just the superboot) and you'll be set.

Going forward i'll update the regular superboot to also include the regular wifi ko.

P

so how do I use the superboot with the himem ?

How do I make the wifi work on my phone with the new wifi ko.

so how do I use the superboot with the himem ?

How do I make the wifi work on my phone with the new wifi ko.

with superboot you can gain root priviliges. you use it by using an app that requires root (nexus torch for instance).

the new wifi ko should already be included. but you can always push it over manually with adb push.

Guest Mrlipsticks

Hi, thanks for the info.

Everything went well up to upgrading the phone as in step1. Unfortunately, after completing step2 I'm not able to use WiFi anymore NOR ENTER FASTBOOT.

Any solutions?

Thanks

leo

Edited by Mrlipsticks

Updated to include ERE27 files. ;)

P

Sorry Paul, I Installed this rom with ++ram on 03/02/2010 and I added 1.5-update-nexusone-modacocustomrom-beta2-signed. Which differene with this new update? Please can you be more precise?

THX for your answer!

LOL Please someone can explane me what difference is there...does this rom contain kernell for wifi rooter?

Edited by ascito

Guest surfsmurf

Paul, you rock!

However, when I select the superboot image w/himem kernel, everything else is deselected. I was under the impression that I would get an update.zip with the system image and a boot image?

You mean in the kitchen? When you select superboot/himem, the only things that are deselected are the other conflicting boot images (you can only have one boot image, after all)...

P

Guest surfsmurf
You mean in the kitchen? When you select superboot/himem, the only things that are deselected are the other conflicting boot images (you can only have one boot image, after all)...

P

Yes, that's what I mean. On this machine (Windows 7 x64, IE8) all the checkmarks, including core (which is impossible to toggle back on), are toggled off when I select another boot image.

Guest surfsmurf
Your browser is being stupid! ;)

P

I suspect as much. I don't have a choice in the matter though... I guess that'll teach me to fiddle with the N1 when I'm supposed to be working :D

Guest Mrlipsticks
By step 2 do you mean the radio update? What happens when you try and enter fastboot then?

P

Hi Paul, I confirm the problem came out after the radio update.

Prior to that, everything was working properly and Update was installed.

After Radio update (completed) and rebooted, WiFi doesn't work. BT and UMTS/HSDPA work.

When I keep power button and trackball (or power + volume down) (or power and volume up) I can't enter fastboot but the phone would rather vibrate and booth normally (I see the X simbol and then the booting animation).

I can only start it in Safe mode. :D

I know I should go back to the previous version, but I can't since I can access the recovery to install back the previous ERE79

Thanks a lot for your help, Paul. I really appreciate!!! ;)

Leo