21/Oct Stock ROMs - ERD79 -> FRG83 images / zip / online kitchen (optional root / insecure)

Guest PaulOBrien

why i can't download ERE36B radio - update .zip format ? when i click the download link... it doesn't start the download but it's directing me to www.modaco.com ...

help..

The site referrer checks - try clicking save as or using a different browser.

P

Flashed, without wipe, with Radio and Superboot with Himem, wi-fi works and seems to have better signal, thanks Paul and thanks Google :D

Did you flash without wipe having Cyanogen b5? So you saved all your settings and apps...right?

By the way, I added you to gtalk...supposing your gmail account...:D

Guest Bay Harbor Butcher

Is update ERE36 an official update from google?In few days people would install it by OTA?Same for rooted and not rooted devices or only for not rooted ones?

Thanks..

Guest batista70
Did you flash without wipe having Cyanogen b5? So you saved all your settings and apps...right?

By the way, I added you to gtalk...supposing your gmail account...:D

I update from Cyano5 modded by Paul and i save all my applications and settings.

Yes it's the same account, i'll check it asap :D

Guest czarcasmo
Any requests on other bits to make optional in the kitchen?

P

Is there a way you can have the Java Running application that was found in the Hero MCR? I need to run a .jad file for my schlage homelink system from my phone, and I haven't been able to figure out how...

Guest Michael Spencer Jr.

Is it safe to apply the radio firmware update that came with ERE36B but keep the current MCR kernel and system libraries and binaries based on ERE27?

Is it safe to apply the radio firmware update that came with ERE36B but keep the current MCR kernel and system libraries and binaries based on ERE27?

I flashed the ERE36B / 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2 radio on top of MCR 1.5 (Hadn't read Paul's warning) and it works so far :D

Guest requiem87

Hey.

Any experiences with the new ERE36B?

Heard it should give better battery time and better 3G reception. Any other changes you have noted?

Just to double-check that I am doing this right:

I have a completely stock, unlocked N1 with ERE27, to update, I should then download this file?

ERE36B - image Format

This is the original secure signed zip from HTC. It contains all of the images for the various partitions on the device, which can be flashed via fastboot. To flash, extract the command 'fastboot flash partition imagename'. For example, to flash the boot image, use 'fastboot flash boot boot.img' and to flash the system partition use 'fastboot flash system system.img'. If you do not have a copy of fastboot, you can grab it here.

Use this download if you want to return your phone to completely, original, stock state.

IMAGE FORMAT DOWNLOAD MD5: dbcdd60de4836ab38f5192b406c3bd8d

After that, I believe I should rename it to update.zip, place it on memorycard root and reboot into recovery?

Is this the correct way to update without unlocking the bootloader if I have a stock N1?

Hey.

Any experiences with the new ERE36B?

Heard it should give better battery time and better 3G reception. Any other changes you have noted?

Just to double-check that I am doing this right:

I have a completely stock, unlocked N1 with ERE27, to update, I should then download this file?

After that, I believe I should rename it to update.zip, place it on memorycard root and reboot into recovery?

Is this the correct way to update without unlocking the bootloader if I have a stock N1?

i think you can put it to /sdcard/PASSIMG.zip

reboot to bootloader and it will flash automatically.

Guest Radissen
Sounds like you've installed the custom recovery image?

Your phone has to be COMPLETELY stock.

P

I actually don't know if that's true because I am the 3rd owner.

However I tried wiping and no changes.

How can I update to the newest stock rom?

Firmware version: 2.1

Baseband version: 32.19.00.16U_4.02.02.14

Kernel version: 2.6.29-gad36b87 andriod-build@apa26 #1

Build number: ERD79

Edited by Radissen

Guest Radissen
I actually don't know if that's true because I am the 3rd owner.

However I tried wiping and no changes.

How can I update to the newest stock rom?

Firmware version: 2.1

Baseband version: 32.19.00.16U_4.02.02.14

Kernel version: 2.6.29-gad36b87 andriod-build@apa26 #1

Build number: ERD79

One more totally noob question:

If I follow this guide ( http://www.machackpc.com/headline/restore-...shipping-image/ ) and restore to the original shipping image will it then be completely stock and will I then be able to update using the ERD79 to ERE27 - official update patch zip?

Edited by Radissen

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Can I flash the ERE36B Stock ROM and then the corresponding ERE36B radio to a locked retail Nexus One by applying the Update.zip via the SD card and stock recovery. I have the OTA ERE27 ROM and Radio at the moment. I did read the whole thread and it wasn't totally clear to me.

Hey, is there a problem with protected apps on ERE36B? I can't seem to see NBA Game Time 2009-2010 on the Market :(. I have it purchased.

yes, you need the build fingerprint from ere27.

when you cook your rom in the kitchen, that is an option.

Stupid question, am I able to update to the newest ROM without voiding my waranty?

That depends, some vendors refuse to repair phones that don't have stock firmware. ERE36B is leaked and not out officially, so that might be a problem.

You can flash it without unlocking the bootloader though, if thats what you mean.

Use the img format download and place it in /sdcard/PASSIMG.zip.

Reboot to bootloader, enter bootloader (press power), and press vol down.

This will lead to AF!ve's problem though.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Can I flash the ERE36B Stock ROM and then the corresponding ERE36B radio to a locked retail Nexus One by applying the Update.zip via the SD card and stock recovery. I have the OTA ERE27 ROM and Radio at the moment. I did read the whole thread and it wasn't totally clear to me.

No, you can not flash custom update.zips with a locked phone.

But like explained above you can use the image format download.

Edited by xkonni

yes, you need the build fingerprint from ere27.

when you cook your rom in the kitchen, that is an option.

That depends, some vendors refuse to repair phones that don't have stock firmware. ERE36B is leaked and not out officially, so that might be a problem.

You can flash it without unlocking the bootloader though, if thats what you mean.

Use the img format download and place it in /sdcard/PASSIMG.zip.

Reboot to bootloader, enter bootloader (press power), and press vol down.

This will lead to AF!ve's problem though.

No, you can not flash custom update.zips with a locked phone.

But like explained above you can use the image format download.

Thank you for the informative reply. So is the only way to have the fully functional ERE36B is to build the fingerprint? Are there any other limitations? I wish to load this onto my Nexus without unlocking the bootloader.

Thank you for the informative reply. So is the only way to have the fully functional ERE36B is to build the fingerprint? Are there any other limitations? I wish to load this onto my Nexus without unlocking the bootloader.

not going to happen. unless ere36b (or the next version...) gets officially released.

can't edit the build fingerprint without root access/unlocking.